April DOTM nominations

you post up one show that is worth DOTM, and you get 2 people to second, I fully promise to give it a read and qualify it. If it really is that good, I really want to read it!

Will surely do! And even though if it would be a close call because of the deadline, I would never rush a show just so that I would qualify. I would never do that. It's funny how my next show happens to be a big pay-per-view ;)

Fin, the following is not directed at you, but I am using your post to make my point.

if picaso can paint a master piece in ten minutes, and it takes me 10 hours to produce something my own mother won't hang on the refrigerator should I still qualify for museum entry due to how long it took me?

DOTM is not about quantity or quality exclusively. it is about a Consitently high level of achievment, that peaked this month. we have several master craftsmen here! if one puts up 3 shows and the other 5, it may be a toss up who had the better diary. but 1 quality show, is probably not going to out shine 6 great shows. This is not best show of the month it is best diary of the month.

again FIN, please don't take this as aimed at you, you are a great writer with consistent quality. and it is even more remarkable given that English is your second language.

I wasn't thinking that it would be aimed at me, of course not and you can always use my posts as an example, I won't be offended (and a big thank you btw for the comments!).. I didn't mean my post to sound like that, like I would defend my own diary to the grave etc. :p And you indeed made some really good points there, very good post to clear things up. Agree with everything you said. :o

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He'd posted 4 by the eighth, so I stopped counting.

works for me

My count is 7 total for James Casey.

and so does this,

Just something to let me know how many seconds I should be looking for. :D

AND Fin, thanks for being such a good sport!

I'll put a second in for Derek B's: SWF Entertainment for the masses in the rookie category. Normally I'm put off by diaries that don't put up grades for segments/matches but the diary is written well enough that I can actually ignore what I normally perceive to be a short coming and immerse myself in the story/vision that the writer is trying to tell.

I'll throw my C-verse nom at Tigerkinney's Puerto Rican FCW thread. I think he's posted 2 shows this month, so he'll need more noms for seconds/thirds etc.

Looks like a lot of the great diaries are being represented through out the nomination process. Just got in from out of town and would like to Second Tigerkinney's FCW Diary. The diary is extremely well written and is based on a company that I haven't seen much focus on. Great stuff!

Also, thank you to Apu & Foolinc for the nomination/second. I really appreciate it! :D

Now that I'm home... I'm going to get back to my Diary sometime tonight with a card for this next week's "Blitzkrieg"!

Cheers.

Thanks for the nominations, guys. I appreciate the viewership and enthusiasm of my fans. :)

I've not been much of a diary reader for a while but I'm getting caught up. Hopefully by next month I'll be able to add some nominations of my own, but for now I need to do some more reading before I can add anything. But I've had looks at all the nominees so far and I like what I see. Good work by all! :D

If i've got this right (i've never nominated before, even under the system that made sense), I would like to nominate Self's "Cverse Draft 2009: Frontier Combat Kingdom" for Rookie DOTM due to the fact that he has some brilliant characterisations, match write-ups that even someone who hates reading matches like me will read, and some fantastic storylines playing out.

I'd like to second Self's FCK diary, pretty much because it's telling a great story and doing it in a draft universe too. It's sometimes hard to really get into what is essentially a created promotion but Self's characterisations of guys like Edd Stone, Steve DeColt and others has been tremendous. :)

I've had a good think about the rest of my picks and am ready to nominate.

I'm going to put in a nom in the Cornellverse category for Haloed's: PCWA: Get Born Again. It's a diary I feel that has gone under the radar, much like the relatively unknown members of his roster. He's been plugging away for a few months and he's really put together a diary that is easy to pick up and get into.

Also not sure if he is eligble yet, but I'll throw in a nomination for FINisher's CGC: That's Entertainment, the De Colt Tragedy which is really beginning to find it's legs. It was between that and James Casey's MAW, but as consistently great as Casey's diary continues to be...I would like to see some newer diaries get the recognition.

Also not sure if he is eligble yet, but I'll throw in a nomination for FINisher's CGC: That's Entertainment, the De Colt Tragedy which is really beginning to find it's legs.

I think he needs to post 1 more show to be eligable, but meh, technicalities.

I'll throw my last vote to 2nd Fin's CGC diary.

In conclusion:

Rookie: derek_b's SWF

C-Verse: TK's Puerto Rican diary

Real World -> C-Verse: 2nd Fin's CGC diary.

Ah, that makes Self ineligible for Rookie DOTM then. Better shunt him over to the main CornellVerse runnings. My mistake.

Bah. Was hoping no one would notice. Cheers for support, guys. :)

You've still got my second, it's still an awesome diary... but I have to ask? Do you know where I can get some Beaver Buzz cos I can't find it here or on any of the importer websites I've looked at....:p

As good a place as any to put this idea out here: What do we think of a Diary Preview thread?

Basically, it would be a place to put the first posts/concepts/whatever or diaries we're thinking of doing, thought about but would never have time to do/etc.

We've had a few people start multiple diaries of late (and more historically) and this could be a resource for them to put an idea out there and get constructive criticism without getting a whole first page full of flames, deserved or otherwise.

Alternatively, someone could (for example) put up the outline for a diary they wanted to write (like my TCW diary that I have twenty or so pages of but have never got aroudn to progressing) but for whatever reason weren't able to - someone else might like the idea enough to want to run with it.

Or it could just be the place for people to discuss their diary ideas. You might want to run an SWF diary, but want to give people the chance for some input, or to set you challenges, in order that you don't tread the same path as NoNeck, bigpapa42 et al.

Of course, this thread would be likely to disappear off the front page (and therefore into oblivion) fairly quickly, but like the Diary Writing Tips thread it could be a useful resource and, if it proves to be so, the odd bump might not go amiss ;)

Archived