Official Tip Thread

Thought we might aswell have one of these since it could help newer players.

First Tip :

Fan Feedback will almost always depend on Rankings, so use them to your advantage. If you have your Number 1 Heavyweight fighting a Number 10 it will give you a good fight, but your event will be rated lower. Always try to use the rankings, because if you have Number 1 vs. Number 2, you'll have a much more anticipated event, and people will rate it higher.

Some general tips, and tips based around starting with a low/new org.

1) Win streaks are extremely important to fight anticipation. A fight between 2 mid level fighters on win streaks will usually be anticipated more than a fight between two high level ranked fighters where one is coming off of a loss.

2) Booking win streak vs win streak, victory vs victory, loss vs loss and losing streak vs losing streak is an easy and effective way to ensure you always have a supply of fighters on win streaks.

3)I like to pick 3 or 4 promising youngsters in each weight class and try to build them up by feeding them cans or opponents who cannot handle their strengths. This way you have a small group of elite fighters whose popularity should shoot up quickly, and it gives you ready made superfights when your org gets PPV/TV and you need good ratings.

4) I find booking events based on 2 weight classes is a good way for me to make sure all of my fighters get to fight. I will make the main/co main event, then have every undercard fight from 2 weight classes (say heavyweight and light heavyweight) booked from the most popular down. This way you get to quickly see who can keep up, and who is going to be a can. This method can be expensive at first, but it ensures you have plenty of top-level talent when your org rises in popularity.

5) Create some fighters with decent stats and high potential if you are creating your own org. You will feel attached to these fighters, and through them learn how to protect/take an interest in specific fighters. This helps you later in the game when you have to protect fighters to build up highly anticipated win streak vs win streak superfights. The high potential will mean they will grow with your org, and also let you try different things to develop them. Creating a training camp is also a good idea =)

2) Booking win streak vs win streak, victory vs victory, loss vs loss and losing streak vs losing streak is an easy and effective way to ensure you always have a supply of fighters on win streaks.

3)I like to pick 3 or 4 promising youngsters in each weight class and try to build them up by feeding them cans or opponents who cannot handle their strengths. This way you have a small group of elite fighters whose popularity should shoot up quickly, and it gives you ready made superfights when your org gets PPV/TV and you need good ratings.

I use these two methods, but find that it is a struggle for the fighters to keep up with the organisation's rises in poularity, to the point where when I rose from Regional to National, none of my fights that were previously thought of being 'great' main events and co-main events were now very porr main events and decent co-main events, just with one day difference.

But using #3 you see that rookie fighters gain popularity even if you're just feeding them cans... Fans seem to prefer a superior fighter batting a scrub for a couple of minutes than to see two mid-level fighters put on a good fights with takedowns/knockdowns but that goes the distance.

So I'm going to have a go where that's all I do - feed everybody cans to get the win streaks up for 8-10 fighters per weight class, and just have the mian event and co-main event with win streak v win streak.

I'm now of the opinion that this is the way to keep fighter popularity levels in tune with organisation popularity in WMMA2, rather than try to book semi-realistically.

I've found with the latest patch the popularity disparity isn't so bad anymore. Are you using the latest patch, because i too had the same issue with some of the earlier patches.

I do agree that fight quality doesn't factor into fighter popularity enough (which is a shame considering IRL you can have fighters with mediocre records who are super popular - Randy Couture, Clay Guida etc)

Finally another tip: Use TV to boost your ratings. Feel free to put on a few PPVs with poor main events in order to get some of your lower fighters a win streak/name recognition, because one great TV showing will give you as much popularity as you lose in the 2/3 PPVs

Momentum changes equally whether a fighter fights two easy cans to get back to on a winning streak or two tough fighters. The only reason not to give fighters two tune up fights after every loss is if they are old.

Job your old fighters to your young fighters. But when jobbing try to have your ji-jitsu fighters be at least two belts higher than their opponent. In the late rounds their are many submissions via guard & half guard.

the more rounds you have the better it is for stand-up fighters and lay n' prayers.

Otherwise, ji-jitsu is the best followed by muay thai.

Archived