XWA: American Wrestling Just Got Serious

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
damn, I think I missed predicting this one. Ah well. Great job so far, Marcel!

Wow. I can't believe I missed two prediction contests. Going to make winning two in a row really difficult. Glad to see Deeley's reign working out on both a kayfabe and ratings level. :D

Glad to see you're both still reading - you've been missed in the predictions!

Next 'website' post up in a minute...

The Devil''s Dance match looks to be very interesting.

Hopefully! In a performance based fed, it's a case of trying different ways to get fans interested in the top guys and keep the main event options fresher. The Devil's Dance match is one way to do that and it's a very open field. It does make the rest of the card look a little weak as the top 6 wrestlers are in one match, so it needs to be of some interest! :)

I got my predictions in early this time!

Good man! 12 in total so far. Devil's Dance results will be posted up tomorrow (Sunday) evening (UK time), so there's probably just under 24 hours to go if anyone else wants to predict.

<p>I'm honestly at a loss (and I'm sure you are too) as to how your Tri-State shows are still only attracting single figure crowds and it's not like you've been putting on poor shows.</p><p> </p><p>

Are you promoting your shows there as Medium or Small ? I always default my shows to Medium no matter what, maybe I'm assuming that you are already a Regional sized promotion given the size and quality of your roster and that you can promote Medium sized shows. </p><p> </p><p>

Besides is there even some kind of advantage (as in the show is cheaper to run) if you promote the show as a 'small' show.</p><p> </p><p>

Also given the size and quality of your roster, how are you doing financially. I'd imagne that during the months you tour you lose quite a bit money but gain it back in the months you are off tour.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tigerkinney" data-cite="Tigerkinney" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="22572" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm honestly at a loss (and I'm sure you are too) as to how your Tri-State shows are still only attracting single figure crowds and it's not like you've been putting on poor shows.<p> </p><p> Are you promoting your shows there as Medium or Small ? I always default my shows to Medium no matter what, maybe I'm assuming that you are already a Regional sized promotion given the size and quality of your roster and that you can promote Medium sized shows. </p><p> </p><p> Besides is there even some kind of advantage (as in the show is cheaper to run) if you promote the show as a 'small' show.</p><p> </p><p> Also given the size and quality of your roster, how are you doing financially. I'd imagne that during the months you tour you lose quite a bit money but gain it back in the months you are off tour.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ok...</p><p> </p><p> I'm trying not to go into this kind of stuff within the proper diary posts as the promotion is supposed to be interested in keeping kayfabe wherever possible. But I guess it does no harm to address it in an OOC post.</p><p> </p><p> To this point in the diary, I've only run 4 shows in the Tri-State area (1 in March, 2 in April and 1 in May). So the company is only just starting out there. And I started off with 0% popularity, as it's not an area I get spillover. As the most important in the US though, and an area that spills over to quite a few other places, I decided to go with it as my second area to hit after the home base of the Mid-west. I've just reached the 41% or whatever it is in the Mid-west, so I've got 17% spillover in the Mid-south, which is the 3rd area I'm hitting. And yes, the promotion has been regional for a while. I think I mentioned it somewhere in a Remus Recap, but again in trying to keep it a little bit kayfabe, I didn't make a big thing of it.</p><p> </p><p> I'm only running small shows for all the tour shows. The events that I'm asking for predictions on are medium shows. I think the shows cost slightly less when they're small, but really the only reason I'm keeping them small is because I see them as less important than the major monthly show and I'm really only trying to keep it realistic. Plus, up to now they haven't been 'weekly' shows. They've each been individual events, and again, I didn't want them rising in importance the same way as the others. However, now they will be weekly events as I'm running one a week on top of the major show per month. So I might turn them into medium shows from the start of the next tour to get the attendance boost.</p><p> </p><p> As for finances, well I'm doing ok. The company started off with 50,000, which is what the default database gives you. I broke even through the first tour and started to make profit on the second, hitting 120,000 in January 09. I was making about 20,000 per month profit at that point, until I added the extra shows in March. Since then, I've been either profiting slightly or losing slightly. Keeping 2 shows per month in the Midwest has helped me there. In non-touring months (of which there are only 2 per year), I make about 20,000 profit.</p><p> </p><p> As a touring company, I've also been reasonably clever (I think!) or at least used the system well. I looked at the other touring companies to see when their major off-months were (i.e. when they'd be looking to snap up touring talent). I went with a 5 month on/1 month off schedule deliberately with January and July off, because no other touring companies are looking to take workers in those months. It meant that at the start of the game, I was able to pick out who I wanted on touring contracts (and well over half of my roster are on touring deals) in the knowledge that other touring companies wouldn't be able to get them, nor could they sign for anyone else whilst touring with me. In fact, the only way I'll lose them is if a company happens to come in for them with a written deal right at the end of a tour when they're not contracted to me, or if one of the guys who already works elsewhere goes written with that company (e.g. GCG goes National and signs Jack Marlowe on a written). That's a major reason why you're not seeing my talent being snapped up elsewhere. I still don't have any agreements in place with either SWF or TCW (although I do have one with NOTBPW).</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="22572" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Right...let's get the FanZone done so I can post up Devil's Dance results this evening. The prediction contest will be closing very shortly.</div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Huntman" data-cite="Huntman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="22572" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Curse you Sean!<p> </p><p> However it was nice to see my comment in the guest section.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, thanks for the question. I apologise for not using your avatar though on the picture - I hadn't seen you post before so you just got the standard 'FanZone' image. Next time I'll include your GDS avatar pic.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/MarcelFromage/XWA/XWA017I.png</span><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=8CndmYlB44kK5KJWW7Lp0w_3d_3d" rel="external nofollow"><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>Grand Finale 2009 Prediction Competition</strong></span></span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p>

Archived