XWA: American Wrestling Just Got Serious

Holy crap that is a lot of work! That is why you got my vote in the DOTY for best presentation.

Thanks for that. I've won the presentation one before (2 years ago, I think) but the bar has certainly been raised by others since then.

Of course, it'd be nice to win it as that's the only category I'm up for. No C-verse DOTY nominations...grumble, grumble. :D

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I expected, TEW 2010 coming out today has almost certainly hit the interest level in predicting this show!

I was going to post the FanZone tonight. But I'm late in and I want to have a look at the new version myself before I head off to bed.

I'm hoping that if I leave predictions up for a little while longer, I might get more than the 12 I've had in thus far. So if anyone else wants to throw in their two cents (or tuppence for us Brits), you've got till sometime on Thursday.

I've got 9 posts left for this diary, so I'll be cramming them in somewhat in the next 5 days so that it finishes around the time TEW2010 full version is out.

I am a little shocked that so many people picked Steve DeColt to win! That is who I picked but I thought I would be the only one. Well we will find out if Steve has what it takes to beat the Shooter in a one-on-one match.

Think its more a case of people not believing that I'd hotshot a title from him that he's only just won, especially after doing it last year with Champagne Lover. I wouldn't do that again, would I? :cool:

Wait! Did I get mine in? I don't remember! I was going to predict, but then TEW2010 was so shiny, that I'm not sure that I got here in time...

I'm afraid you didn't! And it means your place at the top of the tree is in jeopardy! Sorry I couldn't leave it any longer as I already left the contest running nearly a day longer than I wanted. But I want to get through the diary now so that I can concentrate solely on TEW 10!

I'm motoring on through to the end of the diary now. Although I didn't really want to rush the final posts like this, I'd quite like to have this wrapped up by the end of the weekend so I can focus on TEW 10 from Monday. In hindsight, I should probably have ended the diary following X-plosion III when DeColt won the belt from Deeley. But I'd already got the rest of the tour written up so wanted to get it posted!

Anyway ... that means the predictions for the final show - Xtreme Challenge - will go up later tonight (Saturday). And I'll post up the FanZone and results for Xtreme Challenge tomorrow night (Sunday) to complete the diary. I'm just hoping that a few or my regulars and hardy souls will tune into the diary in the intervening 24 hours or so and throw in some predictions for the final time. It would be nice to give the diary a good send-off!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/MarcelFromage/XWA/10X22.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/MarcelFromage/XWA/10X23.jpg

Many thanks to the 16 (edited for Angeldelayette's entry!) people who have predicted so far - not a bad turnout given that many people have turned their attentions away from the 08 dynasty board now.

Last few hours before the prediction contest closes and the final pages of the diary are posted. So if anyone has any last minute predictions, now's the time to do 'em. :D (nudge nudge to Foolinc, maskedpropaganda, MaxMoon and Regis in particular!).

I jumped on the bandwagon late, but this certainly sold me with the rest of the community who already reads all your projects...I'll be in from the start when you recharge the batteries and come back. This was a great read, and on my list of finished '08 works I'm going to reread completely in a few months.

Woo - what an honour!

It's been quite the ride, Marcel, and this one is directly responsible for me ripping off at least two ideas for my own diaries, so I gotta say thank you from that angle, too.

Excellent stuff...

Its been fun. Looking forward to what 2010 will bring.

The truth behind Matt Paragon departure : Jack Griffith's fans club got his head ! :D

In all seriousness, that was a fun ride Marcel. I can't wait to see what you'll be coming with in 2010.

I can't believe I missed the last show... :o

Great run MF. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

This was a great diary! I only wish that I would have started to read it earlier!

I jumped on the bandwagon late, but this certainly sold me with the rest of the community who already reads all your projects...I'll be in from the start when you recharge the batteries and come back. This was a great read, and on my list of finished '08 works I'm going to reread completely in a few months.

Lovely to come home from work to all the kind comments.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the diary. I think I did a pretty good job with it all in all. I know I did hire a lot of indy darlings and it was a non-original company. But I also think I was fairly innovative in a few ways - the fan interaction through using Survey Monkey and the FanZone and stills of the matches in the results pages particularly springing to mind.

One other thing I'm quite pleased with is that people wanting to re-read it (like Randomfreeze mentioned) don't have page after page to pore through. For 3 years of game time, it's quite a concise diary given that the predictions are all in one post each time!

The final 'webpage' post of the diary really said all I need to without ditching kayfabe too much! Thanks to all who supported this diary. It's been well read all the way through, winning Rookie DOTM and then the full C-verse DOTM during its time. Plus I became a member of the TEW Hall of Fame in part due to it, and it's reasonably high on the Must Read list.

I'm sure I'll get the diary urge again somewhere along the line. But I really want to spend some time playing the new game. I don't tend to have a lot of time for TEW, so my diary game is about it. In TEW 2008, apart from a couple of early feeler games, this diary game was my only game going! So I want to have a bit more of a play about this time. I also tend to like waiting out the glut of early diaries and then see how the land lies. Hopefully you'll all still be around and support my next effort too. Just have to figure out who to play as ... and how to make the presentation of the diary different again!

Finally, an apology to Foolinc! Somehow I've left you off that final Fan list - you predicted 23 times, so would be really high up! Don't know how I missed you off. I might try to edit that at some point! :D

Archived