DOTM: Cornellverse

DOTM: Cornellverse  

57 members have voted

1. 1. DOTM: Cornellverse

• Phantom Stranger's "Philly Power Pro Wrestling: Dangerous Dreams [C-Verse '97]
    • James Casey's "MAW: 10 Simple Rules..."
    • Angeldelayette's "USPW: Road Toward National"
    • Tigerkinney's "Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Cornellverse)"
    • Self's "Cverse Draft 2009: Frontier Combat Kingdom"
    • FINisher's "CGC: That's Entertainment, the De Colt Tragedy"

Oh good lord, 14-14 at this point. Have we ever had a DOTM tie?

Yes. October '08, Real World: Dse81's & Wildfire's diarys tied. August '08: Marcel Fromage & Tyler Gadzinski tied.. And June '07 Cornellverse, Eayragt and sebsplex tied. And month before that Infinitywpi and Gbasalmon. So four ties in history this far.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36338

I voted TigerKinney and it looks I was the first to vote him. Hopefully I will be able (want) to vote FINisher the next time, but I am not just feeling his diary. Though Sage is almost a single reason to vote for him ;)

Snap. For the WEXXV and BBW days, I was practically a FIN loyalist. However, I just haven't got to grips with CGC... and so my vote goes to Self. If anything his writing reminds me somewhat of BBW, so perhaps they've swapped for now? :p

There isn't. Because there has been only two diaries in this board I've really gotten into. The other is keef's (was it keef? The attitude era diary) and the other was FIN's BBW. I find it ten times easier to follow all the way from the beginning. It's just easier to get into or something.

Couldn't bring myself to vote for FIN. Sadly I think I'm too close to CGC to accept anyone booking differently than I do. If DeColts don't rule, I riot. :)

1.) I kind of feel like a sell-out. I mean really, you know, jumping from the crazy Japanese Garbage wrestling when I was with WEXXV and BBW, and the small run with DAVE.. I've lost my cult following and some of my hardcore fans which makes me, quite frankly, really sad. Finally I won the Cornellverse DOTM race, but at what cost? :o A classic example of selling out, I can hear ECW fans chanting "You sold out! You sold out!"

Even though, Thank You guys still for being there in the previous diaries, I hope I can somehow lure you in to liking CGC. And Self, just wait.. Just wait. Everything happens for a reason ;)

Tough call this month. TK and MAW both continued with their consistent fantastic quality. The other four are all quaity as well, and I have quite a liking for both Phantom Stranger's and FINisher's diaries. Ended up putting my vote behind PS and PPPW. Tough one, though. Could be a tight race this month.

2.) O'rly?

Tough call. For me it was a real toss up between TK and FIN. I ended up voting for TK because FIN already had a bunch of votes :D

Yeah, won by just one vote. :eek:

This was a super hard choice as this is my first time ever voting in these threads and I really really like both FIN, TK, and Strangers diaries. In the end, however, FIN got my vote this month.

Truthfully. All six men could come away with this as they all have put forth some great stories. It seems like there are a lot of really great diaries floating around the boards these days!

No seriously, I don't expect everyone who comes to read the diaries on these forums to be into the work that I produce. You can't please everyone.

Totally agreed. No-one's work appeals to everyone (wait... everyone loved Mark Cuban Does DaVE...) but so long as you're enjoying what you're reading, then that's the important thing.

I've thrown my vote behind PS, as I'm really digging PPPW this time out. Still, we'll see if FIN gets his well-deserved win given the commanding position he's in this time :)

3 competitors in double digits!

the strength of this months field is awesome, even those that are not with the main group are doing well, considering the main group of 3 has 39 votes between them

I think that the 13-14-15 and the 26.32% win percent proves just that. This was by far one of the most even DOTM polls we have ever had here. To me this is not new since I've had a series against Infinitywpi and Tigerkinney where I lost to them with just 1-2 votes. It's awesome that we have such great, unique diaries here. When the DOTM poll is won with just 26% of the total votes, you can't argue the fact that you can't please everyone. What a tight race it was. I really thought that we would tie the between me and Phanton Stranger.

I think this is finally gonna be FIN's month, though. After so long, and so much other work, he deserves it.

Aye. And at this point, it looks like FIN gets the recognition he deserves... finally the bride after so many months as bridesmaid!

There's, uh... no need to assume something wrong with you, or to apologise, for that matter. I don't think any diary can be for everybody; no wrestling promotion can be, so why should a take on it be?

It sounds kind of corny, but I really am happy just to get the nom every month. With the amount of quality out there, with the number of dedicated followings, I don't expect to win - and I'm fine with that. I'm one of the dedicated followings for most of the other entrants.

3.) .. Don't know what to say. Thank you Phantom for all your words. I feel really guilty of getting the win after a total amount of just 9 shows in the diary (A record in winning the Cornellverse DOTM?) whereas you have reached over 597 replies and 10,391 views. I seriously hope that next month you will still be able to get 14 or more votes and win the DOTM. I think that it might be down to the fact it's Cornellverse '97 mod since people aren't as familiar with it than the default Cornellverse data. Even though you said that you're happy with just being nominated, which says a lot, I know that you would be just as happy with getting the win which I'm 100% sure you will get. It's just a matter of time.

4.) Thank You everyone who voted for me.

All the hard work and the countless hours of doing diaries here payed off, plus all the time doing alts and being part of the community.. I still can't believe that I broke the curse and won the damn thing :D And of course a mention for everyone who comment, predict and give feedback in the diary, I really appreciate that and it drives me to do my best. After countless second places in the DOTM race, I've finally, FINALLY, reached the gold with Canadian Golden Combat after such a tight, even race. For the last two days I've tried not to say anything in this thread so that I wouldn't be the one to "jinx" the whole thing on my part, haha. All the best and congratulations to Phantom Stranger, James Casey, Self, Angeldelayette and Tigerkinney for being in the DOTM race and each getting votes. It was a great race indeed as Bigpapa42 said. I hope that this wouldn't be my first and last win though, I still have a lot in store for CGC, a lot of storylines for years to come and I hope I can live with the hype and not disappoint anyone. I'll continue working as hard as I've done before, I still have a lot to learn and my english will surely get better in time.

Not to brag or sound coc'ky, I'm sorry if I do, but I have to make a list. I've now won "Best New Writer of 2008", Rookie DOTM and Cornellverse DOTM and with wins in Rookie straight to Cornellverse I'm now the second person ever to do that, BoomKing was the first one when he won Rookie and Real World in December '08 and January '09.

Not only did I break my own curse of not winning Cornellverse DOTM, I also broke James Casey's historic series of winning the DOTM every two months which he did for four times, from August '08 to February '09.

I'd like to finish this too long post with a special mention to Infinitywpi who's still having troubles (?) with the floods where he lives, hope you can come back soon mate and I think I can speak on behalf of everyone when I say that "Tradition Dictates That You Be Welcomed... To The Coastal Zone" is greatly missed here. :)

As another lon-time FIN fan who's struggled with CGC, it's kinda funny to me that he wins by 'selling out' (which, btw, is a nonsense phrase) and going mainstream. Mind you, he thoroughly deserves his win: I may struggle with CGC at times, but it's a damn good piece of work and deserves this win.

1.) I kind of feel like a sell-out. I mean really, you know, jumping from the crazy Japanese Garbage wrestling when I was with WEXXV and BBW, and the small run with DAVE.. I've lost my cult following and some of my hardcore fans which makes me, quite frankly, really sad. Finally I won the Cornellverse DOTM race, but at what cost? :o A classic example of selling out, I can hear ECW fans chanting "You sold out! You sold out!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U3M2SDfxQw&feature=related

DeColt's make their entrance and I chant "R-Y-U". ;)

Change the Channel *clap clap clap* Change the Channel *clap clap clap*

Well done FIN on finally getting that long awaited win in Diary of the month. To be honest even though I voted for you, I wasn't sure if yours was actually the best last month (though it was certainly amongst the best) alot of my reasoning behind my vote for you this month was based on the fact that you keep getting nominated but keep coming up short. So not only do you deserve your victory for what you produced the month just gone , it's a victory for your consistency as a diary writer over the past year.

Archived