New Diary Poll

New Diary Poll  

3 members have voted

1. 1. New Diary Poll

• NOTBPW
    • SWF
    • USPW
    • Other (Please Specify and Include a Scenario)

<p>Alright, Since I'm kind of not feeling PGHW anymore, I've decided to try a new one. This time with a product that I want, or sort of a scenario.</p><p> </p><p>

So Here are the Choices : </p><p>

</p><p><strong>

NOTBPW - 2008</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Scenario : My Character, Scott Ripley takes the Head Booker's Position. Pretty much the classic way to play, sort of Bigpapa42 Styled though, as in the same style write-ups, being sort of Straight forward with it, and posting Thoughts that might or may not give hints to what will happen eventually in the diary, or just reviews of the game world.</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

SWF - 2008</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Scenario : Richard Eisen gives Peter Michaels the Boot from his booking position, and Scott Ripley Takes control. Again, Mostly straight forward like Bigpapa42's Diary. However, he takes the company under control very well, and makes many booking decisions that don't make Eisen very happy, however everybody else other than Eisen and Big Money Incorporated, who decide to start the SWF Revolution, starting a giant battle between them and the rest of SWF. However, Ripley had different plans.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>USPW - 2008 : </strong></p><p> </p><p>

Scenario : Scott Ripley takes the helms of USPW and takes the company in a different direction, eventually causing the company to lose their Family Audience, and attracting a different crowd. This one would feature many more In Depth Segments, so It would be much more detailed. Depends on your tastes really.</p>

Confirmed. I know no one should ever cast a vote for my "what should I do?" diaries because I just end up picking the one that is the most interest to me.

I wouldn't leave it up to chance. Especially considering that honestly, you're putting up the same 3 scenarios just with different promotions. Might as well just ask "Do you want an NOTBPW, USPW, or SWF diary?"

I'm not going to vote, but if you really don't know what to do, I'd pick NOTBPW because SWF and USPW are currently very popular promotions and both of those have several excellent diaries already.

Dude, if you've just dropped one due to not feeling it, there's only one real possibility in terms of advice.

Pick the one that motivates you most. That's the one you have the best shot at sticking with.

Well see, that's my dilemma.

I've played games with NOTBPW, SWF, and USPW before, and I've really enjoyed them, and that's why I'm asking this question. I completely understand your advice, since I really should pick one that I'll stick with. However, saying that, As I said above, I've loved the games I play with those 3, and want to know which one would be the more popular of the three.

Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it from a Diary Writer with so much experience.

Confirmed. I know no one should ever cast a vote for my "what should I do?" diaries because I just end up picking the one that is the most interest to me.

I wouldn't leave it up to chance. Especially considering that honestly, you're putting up the same 3 scenarios just with different promotions. Might as well just ask "Do you want an NOTBPW, USPW, or SWF diary?"

I'm not going to vote, but if you really don't know what to do, I'd pick NOTBPW because SWF and USPW are currently very popular promotions and both of those have several excellent diaries already.

I very much understand that as well, and NOTBPW is probably a good idea just for your reason (Bolded). However, perhaps people would like to see another one with a different scenario.

SWF and USPW are overplayed. Pure and simple.

Make sure you're certain to make a good go of things BEFORE you post anything on here. Failed diaries create a bad reputation. Pick a promotion, spend some time planning feuds and storylines and characters, then write 3-4 shows. If you get to Episode 4 without getting bored, you'll know you're onto something.

SWF and USPW are overplayed. Pure and simple.

Make sure you're certain to make a good go of things BEFORE you post anything on here. Failed diaries create a bad reputation. Pick a promotion, spend some time planning feuds and storylines and characters, then write 3-4 shows. If you get to Episode 4 without getting bored, you'll know you're onto something.

Good advice. Very very good advice.

I would never try to discourage someone from doing an SWF diary, but because it is a popular choice right now for diaries, it makes it tough to feel original. Same as USPW. To stand out at this point, its going to take something unique, either in approach or stories. Even if you manage that, it still could be tough to attract some readers - if someone is already following three USPW diaries, a fourth one might just not appeal regardless.

Only do it if you can stick to it. Write up 4 shows or 4 months (whichever's greater :D) and if you're still going strong by the end, start posting.

Don't post one show and hope that you'll get such an overwhelming postive feedback that it will drive you onwards.

A good rule of thumb is to not expect anyone to comment or make predictions. Overall except for the truly exceptional, most of the readers tend to be pretty quiet.

Archived