Quick though about this college football playoff

GatorBait19

<p>Okay, so most want a playoff, and I agree a playoff is somewhat needed</p><p> </p><p>

But everyone keeps saying "we need a playoff, college basketball has one why can't football"</p><p> </p><p>

true college basketball has a playoff............ that is just like the BCS, think about the top 64 teams do not make it, however many conference champs, and then who has the best RPI and junk like that, so I find it funny how people are saying that football's system is flawed when the basketball is flawed as well, shouldn't it be the top 64 for them, I mean in the pro's it's not the guys who has the better wins, no it's the top 16</p>

I think it should be a mixture of the BCS and the top 25 coaches poll. Have it be a 16 team torunament with the top 4 BCS teams getting the number one seeds in each quad of the brackett. Have number 1 play number 4 and number 2 play number 3 in the first round then the winners play, do that in 4 different brackets, just like the NCAA Tournament and you have you final 4.

Then you have to get bowl games in this some how and I have an idea for that too. All the other teams not in the tournament have the bowl games likes normal, and then the BCS bowl games can be a the elite 8 games, 4 of those and 4 major BCS bowls, then the 2 final four games are just the final four, and then the national chamipionship game.

Im sure there are some flaws with this system, a major one is how long it would take to run through the tourney, but Im sure that could be figured out.

You stop out of conference games for BCS schools (unless they're against BCS conferences).

As it stands, over half the teams make it to a bowl game. That's meaningless (much like the NBA Playoffs & the NHL Playoffs). Make sure all conferences have a championship game, and take the top 8 conference champs. Everyone else can go play their meaningless bowl games.

You stop out of conference games for BCS schools (unless they're against BCS conferences).

As it stands, over half the teams make it to a bowl game. That's meaningless (much like the NBA Playoffs & the NHL Playoffs). Make sure all conferences have a championship game, and take the top 8 conference champs. Everyone else can go play their meaningless bowl games.

What about the mid-majors then. Remember Boise State from a couple years back upsettig Oklahoma, that would never happen if its just the top 8 conferences. The smaller schools would never even have a shot, literaly.

There are only 6 BCS conferences not 8, so to fill the last two spots you can use the BCS rankings, that way someone like Boise, Texas, or Utah gets their shot. This way, if the smaller schools do good (pretty much meaning undefeated) they get their shot. Or expand the BCS conferences to include things like Utah, after all, the Big East isn't lighting it up.

Archived