A Slice of TUF 10

ACCBiggz

Seems like a fairly "legit" year when it comes to credentials. Usually its guys who are almost completley unknown, sub-1 or 2 guys. This year you have Kimbo Slice, Marcus Jones, Wes Sims, & Roy Nelson (he took it to Arlovski after all) on it. Plus you must expect there to be at least one (if not more) no-name who has superb skills in at least one key aspect of MMA.

Confirmed Fighters:

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson (3-1)

Zak Jensen (7-3)

Marcus Jones (4-2)

Matt Mitrione (0-0)

Roy Nelson (13-4)

Brendan Schaub (4-0)

Darrill Schoonover (9-0; 12-0 as amatuer)

Wes Shivers (0-1; 6-0 amatuer)

Wes Sims (20-11)

Abe Wagner (6-1; 0-2 amatuer)

Justin Wren (10-1)

Open

Open

Open

Open

Open

Five open slots we don't know yet... but found these names at FightBomb.com

Likely:

Jon Madsen (2-0; trains out of the HIT Squad)

Jim York (10-2)

Scott Junk (6-2)

Mike Wessel (6-1)

Unlikely: Jared Kilkenny (9-6) - Source says he was set to be on the show; Another source says he failed a physical and he's not.

i really dont know known of these guysbesides kimbo im not a big football fan and just starting to watch ufc and getting all the old shows on dvd, i was just wondering does any of these guys have any knock out power like kimbo? also is any of these guys ground game and take down dangerous or at least good enough to take kimbo to the ground? I like the guy and i kinda want him to win but then again i want to see him get knocked out lol

i really dont know known of these guysbesides kimbo im not a big football fan and just starting to watch ufc and getting all the old shows on dvd, i was just wondering does any of these guys have any knock out power like kimbo? also is any of these guys ground game and take down dangerous or at least good enough to take kimbo to the ground? I like the guy and i kinda want him to win but then again i want to see him get knocked out lol

I would say most of the cast has the ability to take him down, and probably have the cast has KO power. Roy Nelson for instance was at one point last year a top ten heavyweight in the world, solid ground game and heavy hands - don't let his appearence fool you. Marcus Jones has good jits, decent power, kind of weak chin though. Others on the cast are all american wrestlers, golden glove champs, big striking game, or solid BJJ.

This is one of the most impressive casts, especially for heavyweight. Some of these heavyweights are very athletic and should be able to adapt and learn quickly and show off good skills. Kimbo probably won't make it past the second round depending on who he is lined up to face.

man for some reason i see dana keeping him safe as possible till the end atleast just to get audience...i know it really isn't about skills anyone can get knocked out out at any given time its just pure luck imo but i can just see kimbo getting protected imo he's to old to really be trying to learn all this new craft of fighting the guys 35 and yea alot of people hit their peak around this age but they been training for this type of stuff for ever these one dimensional fighters are history now a days with so man fighters training in every type of category i dont see him really being able to prove his ground game besides take down defense which is what he really needs but i don't see him getting good enough to win this. even though it really could help ufc in the ratings but really they need to build up better fighters then this guy and not just go out for fame and glory. i really wished dana would of came to his sinces and hired fedor. well best of luck to kimbo but i don't think one person in this world see's him winning its a shame that his ko power is going to be enough....

Archived