extreme rules.......with spoilers

alden

spoilers

Well, it was a good show i think. A very surprising end though. Hardy wins the ladder match only to have punk come in and cash in his mitb case and win the title.

Jericho wins is a plus, batista winning is a let down i think. Right now orton is super over, and dreamer winning..........well, i think he has earned it.

all in all a good show.....not great but good.

They had Baquando beat Orton? All I have to say is booo.... I know the man is like a Tank but still.... He's extremely boring to watch and annoys me half to death everytime he gets on the mic.... I mean, how many times can one man do an awkward stint of laughter before every line? :p

from what i am reading he is also hurt thought and having surgery tuesday and will be out for a while..........so i don't know what is going to happen here. Maybe orton is awarded the title and hhh comes back.....maybe shawn comes back and has one last title run before retirement.

Full of surprises. Dreamer winning the belt is incredible and such a nostalgic touch(well.. not so nostalgic at the same time, but you know what I mean), Punk winning was unexpected, even moreso the fact Jeff won the belt just before. And despite the fact Batista won(and that I quite dislike him), that was an unpredictable result for me as well so I couldn't help but enjoy that a bit more. Besides, Orton can go places now. He's set his mark on Raw, and this just opens the doors for an epic Triple H comeback(and possible heel turn, please!). But they'd have to do something with Orton.. bah.

from what i am reading he is also hurt thought and having surgery tuesday and will be out for a while..........so i don't know what is going to happen here. Maybe orton is awarded the title and hhh comes back.....maybe shawn comes back and has one last title run before retirement.

Read that as well. What makes it ridiculous is that they apparently knew that heading into the show, meaning that they intentionally booked another one-day title reign for Batista. Unreal.

Let's see just how much we can hot shot those titles, WWE!

I wonder what they will end up doing with the title then if Baquando is going to be out again. (Which to be honest... I'm more than happy he'll be gone... I was annoyed when he came back.)

If they knew he was injured though... Why would they have him beat Orton? He's suppose to be their new "big name" to tote... So, why not keep the title on him and make him look extra strong until the day when someone like HBK and gain the title off of him as a huge babyface.

With that being said... God... I would love to see HBK with the strap again for awhile. It has to have been a few years since he last carried the belt.

Read that as well. What makes it ridiculous is that they apparently knew that heading into the show, meaning that they intentionally booked another one-day title reign for Batista. Unreal.

Let's see just how much we can hot shot those titles, WWE!

from i've read about vince's attitude towards the internet sites, i wouldn't have put it past him to intentionally book this match this way to just make the reports look wrong.

Batista's injury would explain why the match lasted like 8 seconds, but it's still kind of odd they gave him the title knowing he would need surgery two days later. I'm guessing Orton will snap over losing the title and punt him on Raw.

I was very happy to see Tommy Dreamer win, I didn't expect that. My feelings on Punk winning are to be determined...if this means he's a heel now I can accept it, but if he stays a face that was a horrid way to end the show.

I wonder what they will end up doing with the title then if Baquando is going to be out again. (Which to be honest... I'm more than happy he'll be gone... I was annoyed when he came back.)

If they knew he was injured though... Why would they have him beat Orton? He's suppose to be their new "big name" to tote... So, why not keep the title on him and make him look extra strong until the day when someone like HBK and gain the title off of him as a huge babyface.

With that being said... God... I would love to see HBK with the strap again for awhile. It has to have been a few years since he last carried the belt.

Applying actual logic to WWE booking at this point is a losing end game. Seriously, it just makes your head hurt.

And as for Orton being the new primary heel, they sure do work hard to make him seem weak at times. Whether its getting his ass kicked by a non-wrestler or by a retired 60-something year old man, they seemed determined to keep him from really looking strong. I don't get it...

I am not sure they handled the punk thing very well if he stays face. Right now hardy is super hot as a face. People love him and alot of people wanted him to be champion and punk taking it off him might give him alot of heat. I think if they keep him a face it should have been orton.....but if they turn punk heel that would be classic. Roh punk was such a great gimmick........the whole i'm better then you stuff was great if wwe would play up the straight edge thing more.........

Applying actual logic to WWE booking at this point is a losing end game. Seriously, it just makes your head hurt.

And as for Orton being the new primary heel, they sure do work hard to make him seem weak at times. Whether its getting his ass kicked by a non-wrestler or by a retired 60-something year old man, they seemed determined to keep him from really looking strong. I don't get it...

First sentence is correct. Trying to figure out WWE booking is like trying to figure out TNA booking (but for far different reasons).

You can't have a really strong heel nowadays, at least not with WWE's audience. Remember, these are the same people who loved the "invincible Cena" as champ (and I'm sorry, if you think the smarks booing him are anything but an insignificant minority, you're not looking at the merch/gate receipts). If Orton was booked similarly strongly, you'd get the opposite effect. They have to make him look fallible. Everyone loves it when the heel gets his/her comeuppance, after all.

First sentence is correct. Trying to figure out WWE booking is like trying to figure out TNA booking (but for far different reasons).

You can't have a really strong heel nowadays, at least not with WWE's audience. Remember, these are the same people who loved the "invincible Cena" as champ (and I'm sorry, if you think the smarks booing him are anything but an insignificant minority, you're not looking at the merch/gate receipts). If Orton was booked similarly strongly, you'd get the opposite effect. They have to make him look fallible. Everyone loves it when the heel gets his/her comeuppance, after all.

Fans have always loved to see the heel get what they deserved. But it used to happen every once in awhile, after a patient build, so it felt like it really meant something. Now it happens every second week.

I don't see why you can't have a heel that looks like something of a legitimate threat. Its not that the heel has to be made to be unbeatable, but simply that he doesn't have to be made to take a severe beating a couple times a month.

Fans have always loved to see the heel get what they deserved. But it used to happen every once in awhile, after a patient build, so it felt like it really meant something. Now it happens every second week.

I don't see why you can't have a heel that looks like something of a legitimate threat. Its not that the heel has to be made to be unbeatable, but simply that he doesn't have to be made to take a severe beating a couple times a month.

Different times, you know that. This is the "I WANT IT NAO" generation. Slow build is "boring" so they have to give them "the money shot" once a month (if not more). WWE is short attention span theater, remember?

Well I would love to see Punk be played up as a heel and I've also heard the Hardy's is going to stay with WWE. So a feud with those two would be crazy

CM Punk-Straight Edge Heel thinks he is better then everybody

Jeff Hardy-Face has had his share of problems with drugs and this makes Punk enraged and the two battle through a nasty feud.

I'm glad Punk won (face or heel)...I can't stand Hardy. Makes my eyes bleed.

And I thought Triple H was going to stay face for a while now that he was raising a family, so I'm guessing if he's coming back soon that he'd still be face. Not sure on Michaels' status, but I heard he might be extending his stay on the sidelines to recover. We'll see what happens there, but at least other people are shining now.

To me Hardy is just blah (probably in the minority on this). I don't find him entertaining at all (on the mic, in the ring). Looks like a he walked through some paint...and for what? Of all the gimmicks both Hardy's have gone through, Matt's Version 1 was by far the best (and I think that coincided with Jeff's paint bucket gimmick).

On the Punk win-

Could it have really been a true heel turn though? I didn't think they had really built that up. What I could see is the new breed of heel (and better ones I think)...the ones that think they are good and right, the ones that justify their actions. As long as Edge didn't win, I'm fine.

I'm personally very 50/50 on Jeff Hardy. His matches are icky and formulaic but he puts on a good show for the casual fans(unlike bumbling fools like Batista) and being a great merchandise seller, he could be the guy to rely on instead of having Cena hold the world title for 4+ years.

I think this was a great way to send him off, for when Jeff leaves in the summer. Kinda like "well hey, because you're a big draw and whatnot, we'll hand you a second World title! it'll just last a few seconds but it's still a World title win" :D

I just don't get why Jeff Hardy is popular, personally.

The constant comparisons to Shawn Michaels have always irked me. Jeff Hardy has very little ring psychology. I don't think he has a particularly compelling look about him, his mic skills are weak...he's just a spotfest to me.

I'm personally very 50/50 on Jeff Hardy. His matches are icky and formulaic but he puts on a good show for the casual fans(unlike bumbling fools like Batista) and being a great merchandise seller, he could be the guy to rely on instead of having Cena hold the world title for 4+ years.

I think this was a great way to send him off, for when Jeff leaves in the summer. Kinda like "well hey, because you're a big draw and whatnot, we'll hand you a second World title! it'll just last a few seconds but it's still a World title win" :D

From what I heard Jeff's going to resign with WWE.

What if Ric Flair wins the title from Batista tonight and become a 17th time world champion.

HAHAHA. I was talking with a casual wrestling fan while getting some coffee. He says to me: "Did you watch Raw last week? Ric Flair was there. I saw 5 minutes and changed the channel. He just needs to go away."

Couldn't agree more.

I just don't get why Jeff Hardy is popular, personally.

The constant comparisons to Shawn Michaels have always irked me. Jeff Hardy has very little ring psychology. I don't think he has a particularly compelling look about him, his mic skills are weak...he's just a spotfest to me.

I think you're really judging current Jeff Hardy through 2002 goggles if you really think that. Trashing Hardy's psychology is a little like trashing Hogan's psychology. Yes, he doesn't always "sell" his injuries, but he tells a story in the ring that generally involves him getting the crap beaten out of him. Hardy has a natural charisma and a connection with the fans that is among the best out there. I remember Foley in his book talking about how face Cactus Jack couldn't really connect to the fans in WCW because the fans thought he couldn't be hurt and so didn't rally around him: Jeff Hardy is pretty much the exact opposite of that. The guy's got a unique look and he connects with fans, and anybody can see it. I had an argument ten years ago where my friend insisted Matt Hardy would be more successful because he was a better "all rounder" but even then it was obvious Jeff was the one the crowd's rallied behind.

I get that everybody loves the heels, but it's not hard to at least recognize why a guy like Hardy is a big deal.

Also, it's not that hard to understand the Batista booking: the guy sucks in the ring and on the mic, but he's BIG. If he doesn't win the occasional big match, he won't stay over: he doesn't go around having memorable feuds with... anyone, really. A guy like that has to be booked to win the occasional big match just to make sure everyone knows he's a main eventer (and not Kane V.2).

Archived