DOTM: June Nominations, 13 months and counting

RULES please read I have made a small change

1. You have 3 votes to either nominate or 2nd, 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

2. you may not nominate or 2nd yourself

3. All nominations need to be seconded to make the voting round

4. All nominations must include a reason

5. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

6. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month -May 1st- the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month. (none diary threads are no longer eligible)

7. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (Marcell Fromage's "XWA: American Wrestling Just Got Serious")

8. You can NOT nominate self's "Cverse Draft 2009: Frontier Combat Kingdom" or Bigpapa42's "SWF: Generation Supreme "

9. You can NOT nominate Nevermore's "ECW: World Wide"

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* Togg's "TNA - No Limitations "Goodbye Russo""
  • 2nd* Dse81's "The New NWA"
  • 2nd* FinalCountdown's "Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002)"
  • 2nd* iMac's "WWE: The Next Generation"
  • 2nd* Tristram's "WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW""
  • ya_its_me's "WCW: Phoenix From the Ashes"

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* NoNeck's "Secrets of the Ring Volume Two: Peter Michaels and SWF 2011"
  • 2nd* James Casey's "MAW 10 simple rules"
  • 2nd* Phantom Stranger's "Philly Power Pro Wrestling: Dangerous Dreams [C-Verse '97]"
  • 2nd* Marcel Fromage's "XWA: American Wrestling Just Got Serious"
  • 2nd* Tiger Kinney's "Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0"
  • 2nd* J-Silver's " USPW: Where Ages 65 and Older Get in For Free"

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* Eisen-verse's "PSW: The Evolution of Greed"
  • 2nd* SeanMcfly's "NOTBPW : Set in Stone"
  • 2nd* Genadi's ""Moolah McMahon" a WWF Story"
  • 2nd* Finisher's GCG - "Global Honored Crown"
  • 2nd* Justxyank's "The Curious Case of WCW"
  • 2nd* MrOnu's "SWF 70s : The birth of an empire"
  • 2nd* Oldschool's WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T)
  • Astil's "Jobber to the Gods: DaVE in the Real World"
  • Texasrangers13's "USWF: A New Breed of Wrestling"

Nominations will be open until June 30th (12 pm Eastern)

This is my one year anniversary at the helm, 13 months I hope I have not pissed to many people off and that it is a service that adds something to the sight! Here is to another great year!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rookie Eisenverse PSW evolution of Greed why because its great stuff and since McShamrock left we haven't had a PSW diary really going , Real world Togg TNA no limitations goodbye russo great graphics and a serious TNA attempt and apart from Brock Lesnar nothing ridiculous going on, Cornellverse James Casey MAW 10 simple rules because its as intresting as ever again.

ps Special consideration for justy and the curious case of wcw would be advised sadly not enough shows to go for RL and was toss up between im and Eisen.

Tough call this month. This was a good month for some good diaries. I'm very tempted to give nominations to James Casey, TigerKinney, or iMac, as the all had great quality this month. But I'll have to ask those three to forgive me, as I'm going to 2nd NoNeck's SWF and nominate Phantom Stranger's Philly Power Pro.

As for the rookie, I'll hang onto it to see who gets 2nd of the noms so far.

Diary of the Month: "XWA: American Wrestling Just Got Serious"

Why?- He continues to deliver a very unique diary set-up. Extremely interactive for its devout readers and overall, a great write-up and theory behind it all. Deserves to be in this spot.

Real World DOTM: "TNA - No Limitations Goodbye Russo" (Second).

Why? - I agree with Hyde Hill, A pretty strong run on what TNA could look like. Especially with real world diaries, There is a pull to really keep things realistic. He's done quite well.

As for Rookie... I've got to look things over before I leave my nomination behind.

I'll 2nd "PSW: The Evolution of Greed" for Rookie DOTM, it's Eisen once again showing the same great booking style that made the XWA what it was, and even though I hated Greed commentating on the first show, he's not a bad writer either :p

should be up to date,

and here are my noms:

Real World: Dse81's "The New NWA"

month after month of solid work has lead up to this month's Halloween Havoc where everything is breaking loose. Keeny and Slaughter, Chris & Brock and TAG TEAM TURMOIL!!!

Cornellverse: J-Silver's " USPW: Where Ages 65 and Older Get in For Free"

If you have never read this diary, stop what you are doing, call in sick and prepare to bust a gut reading one of the top diaries of all time!!! and the master is back, he deserves as much as ever to be up for diary of the month.

Rookie: Justxyank's "The Curious Case of WCW"

What can I say, this guy could compete in the Real World category, but he is only 15 day's into his diary. hopefully he keeps going strong wins the rookie this month and wins DOTM next month, if your one of the five people on the boards who has not taken a look at this diary, please do so now.

I'm gonna give a battle in the Rookie division because for Rookie I'll nominate McFly's NOTBPW diary, because it's different, and NOTBPW is not really a promotion that is showcased on these boards, and he's done a great job with it, so McFly and Eisen both deserved this, and it should be a good poll.

C-Verse gets NoNeck's SWF diary, because it's got consistently awesome shows.

Real World I'll ponder over

Might as well do this now.

Let's 2nd James Casey's "MAW 10 simple rules" and Marcel Fromage's "XWA: American Wrestling Just Got Serious" for MAW's continued awesomeness and XWA's impressive layout and style.

As for the rookie, I'll nominate MrOnu's SWF 70s : The birth of an empire. Haven't posted in it yet :o, but he's take on SWF in the 70s is fun to read.

For real-world, I'll second dse's The New NWA, and nominate ya_its_me's WCW: Phoenix From the Ashes. Only 2 shows in PftA so far this month, but one of them was Bash at the Beach, which I greatly enjoyed.

I had a very tough time narrowing my rookie nomination down, because there are several rookie diaries that I'm really enjoying. I ultimately decided to nominate Texasrangers13's USWF: A New Breed of Wrestling. But honestly, the rookie pool is so strong this month that, if one of the other diaries that I debated nominating happens to get in, I could very well turn around and vote for it once the actual poll opens.

I'll use my rookie nom for Finisher's GCG - Global Honored Crown.

Most of the stuff I would have nominated has already been seconded, but I'll throw in a second here for FINisher in the rookie category. In my opinion this has the potential to be his best diary since his excellent BBW diary. In my opinion Japan brings the best out of our the alt-making wizard from Finland.

Archived