Ok so I was just messing on with real world data and put Raven - who I believe to be on of the best speakers in the world in a promo. Its the KYR data and his stats are:

Mic work - 95

Charisma - 85

Acting - 85

I dont know his popularity of hand but it is quite high, certainly one of the biggest in my cult roster. So my question is this - HOW THE HELL DID IT GET a D-

Well, first of all you might want to check his popularity to make sure (particularly in the region the show was held in). Assuming it is 'quite high' then there's a number of possible explanations:

a) His momentum. Momentum seems to play a part in angle ratings.

b) Product. If the fans attracted by your product don't really care about angles then it's not going to go down well no matter how good he is.

c) The angle itself. Was the guy set to be rated on mic work? Entertainment? Overness? Menace? Also, was there other people involved in the angle? What are their stats like? Etc.

There's probably another couple of things that can factor in, but these are off the top of my head.

This happens to me all time time when playing historical mods. I could never figure out why HBK and Scott Hall were over and uber-charismatic, but I always got the notes that they look horrible in every single angle they are in.

I figured it had something to do with their attitude, but alcohol/drug abuse makes sense, too. Although it never had an effect on their matches...I'd usually get "looked great" not for matches. I'd think it would be the other way around...someone could pull off an angle, but being under the influence would screw up match ratings.

Ok so I was just messing on with real world data and put Raven - who I believe to be on of the best speakers in the world in a promo. Its the KYR data and his stats are:

Mic work - 95

Charisma - 85

Acting - 85

I dont know his popularity of hand but it is quite high, certainly one of the biggest in my cult roster. So my question is this - HOW THE HELL DID IT GET a D-

D- from a promo? Bad gimmick.

Archived