Accidentily Rescheduled TV Program

Alright guys, got a bit of an issue. I have been building towards a WWE diary, planning and stuff for a few days and started playing the game. However, not wanting to have a show Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday then nothing until the next Monday, I reschduled Smackdown for Friday's just to space it out. Of course, I had a brain fart and did this on the Thursday, not thinking that I had just booked Smackodwn the day before, and essentially there would be two Smackdown's that week. I went forward still not having noticed it until I'm at the PM screen on Friday.

My question is really what are my options? Does it matter if you hold two in a week, then carry on one a week from then on, so basically there is an additional one? And what kind of a hit do you take for cancelling a show during PM except for prestige? Is it worth it? Frankly, I don't want to have to go back and rebook Raw, ECW & Smackdown as well as do all the hirings and firings all over.

I would just go with 2 that week.

Run it as a Special Edition or "Best Of..." show - obviously you'd have to run actual matches and such, but you'd be able to find a plausible explanation. Not sure what the hit is for canceling, but I would think it'd be preferable to not.

I would just go with 2 that week.

Run it as a Special Edition or "Best Of..." show - obviously you'd have to run actual matches and such, but you'd be able to find a plausible explanation. Not sure what the hit is for canceling, but I would think it'd be preferable to not.

Cheers for getting back to me.

But how would this work logistically on the game? It's a taped show, the only airing is on Fridays. If I record 2 shows in one week then 1 after that, when would the other one air? Would it air? Which one would? Would it make a difference to ratings? Get what I mean?

Upon a second reading, now I see what you mean. It is odd that it's even allowing you tape the second show. Unless the second one is airing next Friday (which would make sense to me...but is probably not what the game would do).

Its always been my understanding that the shows dont "run" as they do in real life. The ratings for the show are just a equation taking into account the popularity of the promotion and the final rating of the show. The overness the workers gain is also just a mathmatical equation, becuase even if the show is taped the workers gain the overness on the night the show is taped, not on the night the show is shown on TV. You could tape a show every night of the week and if you only have 1 TV slot I would assume if would take the average of all the shows, or the best show and figure out the ratings of the show from that.

As a side note I could be very wrong here, im just making assumptions but they seem logical to me.

Its always been my understanding that the shows dont "run" as they do in real life. The ratings for the show are just a equation taking into account the popularity of the promotion and the final rating of the show. The overness the workers gain is also just a mathmatical equation, becuase even if the show is taped the workers gain the overness on the night the show is taped, not on the night the show is shown on TV. You could tape a show every night of the week and if you only have 1 TV slot I would assume if would take the average of all the shows, or the best show and figure out the ratings of the show from that.

As a side note I could be very wrong here, im just making assumptions but they seem logical to me.

I wouldn't assume anything.

The only effect I've seen on ratings is whether the show is taped or "live" If you run the show the same day it airs, the ratings will be higher than if you run the show before it airs.

Whenever I play a WWE game, I always set the shows to run the day they air, partly due to the ratings and partly to spread the schedule out like the OP did.

The only shows I have canceled were B shows, and I didn't notice any drop in prestige.

Running on the same day and running "live" are not the same thing.

Also cancelling the contract for a show as you did is not what he meant because that does not effect prestige he means cancelling the show in booking mode aka cancelling the event.

I would think the second taped event would play out as just being an event and the first taped on would count as the televised one.

Personally I would just cancel the show and the edit my prestige back to where it was before doing this just to make sure. Tha way you can still reverse your mistake or eisier if you have autosave of you can reschedule it back to a day you have already played. wait for the show to air and then reschedule.

Archived