Hi, im ranting for no good reason. Please excuse my rude posting behaviour :p

So im DAVE, in June 2006. Hell Monkey just became my DAVE Unified champion, no less than a week later, SWF rises to global and set their sights for him. Granted his B+ pop in all of US (and A just in Tri-State) and a fantastic brawler, but its sorta dick-ish. Of course i never managed to field a non-aggresion pact with them so he will go. Also going is Johnny Martin who i had just started a rather nice storyline with and some other person i couldnt be bothered to think of right now, but i bet its someone important.

Combined with Nemesis being in somewhat of a performance slump, Eric Tyler already coming of a large run as the Unified champion (and me not wanting to go back to him) and this is coming right after i did a brandsplit and got two TV shows because i had too many main eventers to have on just one show.

Oh yeah, and both old timers Wolverine and Vin Tanner left earlier this year in anger over me not booking them enough.

Brilliant. Now ill have to see if Kurt Laramee and Champagne Lover can wrestle well enough to be on national TV...

Ill be fine. But i do admire the way SWF took just the important guys. Johnny Martin was feuding over a midcard title (which he was going to win) i had created for my second TV show, Hell Monkey pulled off B+/A matches like they were snacks against everyone else and were part of a B+ heat unchained storyline. The third one was Eddie Peak who were holding the tag team titles with Doug. Actually im a bit worried about Nemesis once his contract goes up for grabs in 37 days...

Ill push Champagne Lover i guess, he's C- pop all across US, but he also got a momentum of E, but still, nothing that cant be fixed.

Ill be fine. But i do admire the way SWF took just the important guys.

Hate to tell you this, but that's how SWF will always operate. If you get someone over, and they want them, they'll take them.

The only choice is to crush them utterly by getting to Global and beating them in a war - and I think in '05 the only effect War has is that you can't share workers. In effect, you have to get more over than them to become a bigger company, at which point workers won't dump you for them.

Still, Champagne Lover is a god on '05, so should do a lot for you.

Yeah when I had TEW 2007 I liked using smaller promotions and everytime I got a wrestler built up and ready to be champ SWF and TCW stole them. Same problem when using ROH in real world and having WWE take Chris Hero and other guys. I'm using TCW in TEW 2005 so not sure if I'll have this problem in my upcoming diary.

<p>I started with the game playing DAVE or the small UK feds, but it was just impossible to hold onto talent or make money. </p><p> </p><p>

So I started with the SWF, I've signed Hell Monkey and Champagne Lovwer right off the bat to fill up my midcard, and I'm about to do a brand split, cause im not using half my roster and every show is A at worst.</p><p> </p><p>

Thus far, playing this game just makes me wonder why it's so hard for WWE/TNA/WCW to pe constantly compelling, and also how small promotions (ECW, RoH, whatever) manage to exist at all....</p>

<p>Something that's helpful, and for the most part realistic, is to use the 7 days you have, after they sign their written contracts, to dumps some Popularity on to some of the guys that are sticking around. If Hell Monkey's leaving, and you want to instantly create a new main eventer, have him lose cleanly to the new guy, dropping the title, and giving that new guy a big boost in Popularity. It won't be enough to completely replace the lost worker, but it should be enough to keep you afloat.</p><p> </p><p>

Just make sure you aren't giving the win to your most over worker, or you'll likely just end up pushing them into a position where they'll get poached too. Use it to elevate somebody that was on the cusp, but not quite there. Already established talent doesn't need the push.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

To change gears, whenever I play as smaller companies, I always consider it a compliment, when one of the bigger companies takes one of my workers. It's like I've graduated them. I remember one game, a couple years ago, where I built up "The Tower of London" Danny Peterson into my top guy, in MAW. He started with absolutely no Popularity in America, and had a solid C when he got picked off. He ended up working his way up to the TCW World Championship. I was so proud, I even had Rip Chord (who was Peterson's main feud) acknowledge the victory on our next show (well, in my mind, anyway), and take credit for it. This set off a feud with Peterson's old manager, Raven Nightfall, and her new client.</p><p> </p><p>

Everything can be fuel for the creative fire. Losing talent, and creating new stars in a hurry, is where your true booking mettle is tested. Enjoy!</p><p> </p><p>

Cheers!</p>

Archived