QAW: The Land of Misfit Toys

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Solstice-1.png

Banner courtesy of The Mystery

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MelanieFlorence.jpg

The first big event for the surging Queens of American Wrestling happens in just TWO WEEKS! QAW Solstice promises to be jam-packed full of exciting women's wrestling, of all conceivable styles! Matches announced for the event include:

- An open challenge match between young technician "Double A" Amber Allen going head to head with the self-proclaimed Queen of the DDT, Steph Blake.

- Following an unprovoked attack at Showcase, Christy Higgins, Dade County's Finest, has asked for and received a match against her attacker, young Canadian superstar Melody Cuthill.

- The Angry American, April Appleseed goes back to the future as she looks to demonstrate American Justice to the alleged KGB Agent 69 in a Flag match!

- The QAW World Tag Team titles will be on the line as the Neptune Twins look to keep the party going by putting a stop to Lilly & Rose.

- QAW North American champion Fuyuko Higa, takes on the herculean challenge of stopping the rampaging Mary Beth Chase. If she fails, we'll have a new North American champion. Will the champ be 100% by bell time? Or will the monster devour another would-be competitor?

- In what can only be called a dream match, the QAW World title is up for grabs as current champion Sara Marie York defends against Lauren Easter, Stephanie Wade, and the Aussie Assassin, Golden Delicious in Fatal Four Way action. As you recall, the champion does not have to be pinned to lose her title in this match. Will SMY walk out with the same equipment she walked in with? We'll find out at Solstice!

And remember to show your allegiances with QAW merchandise! With a growing selection of items, designed by, for, and with input from each individual worker, this is the swag you just gotta have!

This week's featured item, the Heaven Sent tee. Designed to the exacting standards of Lauren Easter herself, this is one celestial shirt!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/eastershirt1.jpg

T-shirt courtesy of Phantom Stranger

This and more, available at the QAW Store!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a way of giving insight into characters as well as to keep track of things myself, I present the index of worker theme music. I'll add to it when a worker actually gets their own theme song.

April Appleseed: Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue (The Angry American) - Toby Keith

Candy Floss: Candy - Cameo

Christy Higgins: B*tch I'm from Dade County - DJ Khaled feat.Trick Daddy, Rick Ross, Trina, and Dre

Golden Delicious: So Cold - Breaking Benjamin

Lauren Easter: Heaven Sent - Keyshia Cole

Tamara McFly: What It Is (Strike A Pose) - Lil Mama feat. T-Pain

Agent 69: Butterfly Effect - Amatory

Amber Allen: Don't Sweat the Technique - Eric B & Rakim

Ashley Grover: Going Under - Evanescence

Carol Singer: Eruption - Van Halen

Christina Charisma: Cult of Personality - Living Colour

Eve Grunge: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me - U2

Lora Washington: American Woman - Lenny Kravitz

Mary Beth Chase: Pain - Three Days Grace

??? ???: Warrior's Dance - The Prodigy

Nina the Psycho Ballerina: I Think I'm Paranoid - Garbage

Susan Lee: Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel

Angel Takudome: Angel - Aerosmith

Carnival Queen Kendra: She's Fine - DJ Khaled feat. Sean Paul, Missy Elliott, and Busta Rhymes / Chat to me back - Lady Saw

Fuyuko Higa: Let's Go - Trick Daddy feat. Lil Jon

Junko Hayakawa: Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace

Karen Bilous: Zombie - The Cranberries

??? ???: Beautiful Day - U2

Militia: Freak on a leash - K0rn

Mitsu Ariwa: Wish You Were Here - Incubus

Nurse Darla Knight: 3am - Eminem

Olivia Diamond: Diamonds - Herb Alpert feat. Janet Jackson

Paige Croft: Call Me When You're Sober - Evanescence

Power Girl: I've Got The Power - Snap!

??? ???: Plush - Stone Temple Pilots

Aud D'Hoffryn: Thunderstruck - AC/DC

Chiyeko Kita: Crush - Jennifer Paige

Etsuko Arihyoshi: The Future - Guy

Gemmei Oonishi: Spice Up Your Life - The Spice Girls

Nikki Power: I've Got The Power - Snap!

Roz Larren: Storms in Africa - Enya

Sakura Sada: Phoenix - Breaking Point

Speedy Marie: Bad Reputation - Joan Jett

Tai: Come With Me - Puff Daddy & Jimmy Page

Umeko Hotta: The Celts - Enya

Rebecca Petty: Free Fallin' - Tom Petty

Sally Anne: Alive - P.O.D

Tomoko Saitoh: Lose My Breath - Destiny's Child

Yoko Ikina: Desire - U2

Yukiko Matsumara: Deja vu - Beyonce feat. Jay-Z

The Neptune Twins: Shawty Get Loose - Lil Mama feat. Chris Brown & T-Pain

The Royal Guard: God Save the Queen - Mötorhead

The Electrifiers: Old Friend - Elton John & Nik Kershaw

Cloud Nine: Higher - Creed

Cold War: Iron Head - Rob Zombie & Ozzy Osbourne

Double Dragon: Unstable - Adema

High Energy: Energy - Keri Hilson

Hollywood Gregg: Girlfriend (Remix) - Avril Lavigne feat. Lil Mama

Seekers of Destiny: Top Gun Anthem - Harold Faltermeyer

The Experience: All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

The Super Powers: I've Got The Power - Snap!

Aurora: Simply Irresistible - Robert Palmer

Remianen Valorian: Maybach Music - Rick Ross & Jay-Z

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/LFC%20Diary/EWR_net3.jpg

- After providing notice a month ago, Sensational Ogiwara has fully settled into retirement. Contrary to earlier reports, it appears the Sensational One has decided to continue helping the promotion she helped build, this time as a road agent and mentor to the promotion's young up & comers. In related news, 5SSW has announced the signing of perennial jobber Yuko Okui to a PPA deal. Unusual signing under the circumstances but with the earlier additions of Emma Bitch and Steph "Principessa" Chee, it appears the promotion is simply reloading.

- In a move that's only slightly shocking, Angel Athletic Association has released a statement indicating that longtime AAA worker Miss Mexico will not be re-signed when her current contract expires in one month. Sources at Miss Mexico's other employer, Queens of American Wrestling, seemed surprised but intimated that a new deal may be considered for the worker, whose contract with their promotion expires within the year. Miss Mexico was not reachable for comment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/QAW-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MelanieFlorence.jpg

It's the lead-in to QAW Solstice and the lines are drawn. The next QAW Showcase promises to be explosive.

- The World Tag Team champions will be competing, in singles action, as Jen Neptune takes on Debbie Rose and Kathy Neptune goes one on one with Kate Lilly.

- The QAW North American champion, Fuyuko Higa, takes on Carol Singer in non-title action.

- Double A Amber Allen locks up with Christina Charisma.

- Christy Higgins visits psychosis as she tackles the challenge of Nina the Psycho Ballerina.

- Eve Grunge faces the powerhouse named Susan Lee

- World title contenders collide in tag team action as QAW World champion Sara Marie York teams with Lauren Easter to take on The Aussie Assassin Golden Delicious and Superstar Stephanie Wade!

All this and much, much more. Join us for QAW Showcase as we roll right into QAW Solstice, the biggest show in the promotion's history!

Quick Key:

Jen Neptune vs. Debbie Rose

Kathy Neptune vs. Kate Lilly

Fuyuko Higa vs Carol Singer

Amber Allen vs Christina Charisma

Christy Higgins vs Nina the Psycho Ballerina

Eve Grunge vs Susan Lee

Sara Marie York & Lauren Easter vs Golden Delicious & Stephanie Wade

Jen Neptune vs. Debbie Rose

Kathy Neptune vs. Kate Lilly

Fuyuko Higa vs Carol Singer

Christy Higgins vs Nina the Psycho Ballerina

Eve Grunge vs Susan Lee

Sara Marie York & Lauren Easter vs Golden Delicious & Stephanie Wade

QAW Showcase

Week 4 June 2009

QAW Garage (Mid South)

Attendance: 64

Remus: Good evening everyone and welcome to this very special QAW Showcase. With Solstice just 3 days away, we may be experiencing the last time we see our current titleholders as champions.

Melanie: That might be true...

Wanda: It's fact, believe me.

Remus: Well, our first match of the night.....

Remus is cut off as 'Maybach Music' hits the speakers and, after a few seconds, Remianen comes through the curtain, accompanied by Aurora. Climbing into the ring, he takes a mic and, looking over the audience, pauses and says, "This isn't easy for me but, I was reminded that you people are the reason for our continued existence. You people will be the ones that elevate us in the wrestling world. You people, though your numbers are small, have a great deal of power in this, the Information Age. For your continued support, I'm almost forced to say..." Aurora whispers, "It's okay." He continues, "....thank you. But I'm not going to let my words be the end of things. Y'see, this Sunday, right here in the garage, at QAW Solstice...."

Greatness plus greatness equals great greatness blares through the speakers followed shortly by the QAW World Tag Team champs, the Neptune Twins as well as Hollywood Gregg. The four women dance on the stage at the top of the ramp for a minute to the fans' delight before walking down and entering the ring. Jen & Kathy grab mics as Dharma & Britney climb turnbuckles to hype the crowd.

Kathy: "I know you're probably annoyed with us for interrupting you but we have an announcement to make that's easier to do when you're not knee deep in people trying to finagle..."

Jen: "More like con..."

Kathy: "Title shots. Besides, this little announcement could make you a LOT of money."

Remi: "Well, go 'head on then..."

Jen: "We're the tag champs, which means we're the best tag team in this promotion..."

"Present company excluded, of course," Kathy says to Dharma and Britney.

Jen: "Yeah, but we've learned a lot. First off, that we've got to watch our backs at all times. Mainly because not everyone believes in earning their titles in the ring. So this Sunday, we're going to make an example out of Lilly & Rose. But right now, we'd like to introduce you to our clique. See, outside the ring, we're all about going out and having a good time with the girls. Inside the ring, it's business and we take our business as seriously as you do, boss."

Kathy: "But we want you to know who 'the girls' are. Collectively, we're known as the Suicide Dolls and you've already met Dharma and Brit but there's also...."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/CarnivalQueenKendra_alt1.jpg

The speakers come to life with a distorted voice saying, "C-Q Kendra" and

starts up and out comes Carnival Queen Kendra stopping halfway down the ramp to wind with a fan in the front row. Climbing into the ring, she thunderclaps three times and sits on the third turnbuckle.

Remi: "Well, that's all well and good but I'm not seeing..."

Jen: "Not done yet..."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MissyMasterson.jpg

Split Personality starts up and Missy Masterson does her supermodel walk down the ramp, waving to the fans before getting in the ring.

Remi: "Okay, this is interesting..."

Kathy: "And we haven't even gotten to the payoff yet. The person who got us all together a month ago. The person who literally took us all under her wing to teach us what this business is all about. What being a champion is all about. The woman who has wrestled the best in Canada, America, and Japan. Someone who has learned from legends and wants to pass on what she's learned to those of us who might not be accustomed to the "real" wrestling scene. I'm of course talking about...."

hits the speakers and through the curtain, to the astonishment of the audience.........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/TamaraMcFly_FS4.jpg

Credit: FlameSnoopy

...Tamara McFly walks out, followed by Julie Forletta. After bobbing her head to her entrance music for a few seconds, she bolts to the ring, slides in, and pops to her feet and smirks at Remianen's shocked look. Taking the proffered mic from Kathy, she says, "You were perhaps expecting someone else? I'm not going to take up any more time. I'll just say this, we're the Suicide Dolls. If you have a problem with one of us, you have a problem with all of us. I would advise people like Lilly & Rose to keep that in mind. Cold War, you've cast your lot with the wrong people and if you continue down that path, well, it'll only lead to misery. Your misery."

Remi: "I suppose this means you want a title shot."

Tamara: "Nope. When it's time for me to take the world title, you'll know it and so will every QAW fan around the world. You won't have a choice but to give me a title shot. This is not that time, but it's coming. Soon™."

Remi: "Good attitude. I like it. I'll do you one better though. With the exception of Kathy & Jen, none of you ladies are booked for Solstice. Because I believe in rewarding work ethic and that's what your, uh, leader, mentor, elder stateswoman, has shown, I'll drop a bomb on you. You have until the end of this show to present to me opponents to face at Solstice. Catch is, they cannot be already booked in matches. Now, if we're done, let's get to the actual show."

Wanda: That man's a genius.

Remus: What? How? Why would he just give them their choice of opponents?

Melanie: I think I'm coming down with something. I can almost see what Wanda means.

Wanda: That's not a sickness. It's called intelligence.

Remus: I still don't get it.

Melanie: Boss just put a huge bullseye on the Suicide Dolls.

Remus: Wha?

Wanda: Now everyone who wants a slot on the biggest show in the promotion's history thus far, is coming right...at....them.

Remus: Oh no!

Christy Higgins w/Bethany Hurst vs Nina the Psycho Ballerina

After the competitors make their entrances, "Melody Cool" plays through the sound system and Melody Cuthill comes walking down the ramp. She takes the seat vacated by Melanie (who heads backstage) and assists Remus and Wanda on commentary. After a wary glance in her direction, Christy focuses on her opponent as the bell rings.

Nina immediately goes on the offensive, until Christy crisply counters a kick attempt into a leg whip. (Melody: No way I'd make a careless mistake like that) After some back and forth, Nina scores with a thumb to the eye and begins using her power advantage. An attempted avalanche in the corner is thwarted when Christy counters with a stiff thrust kick, buying herself some time to recover. This is when Melody sheds her headset and climbs onto the apron. With Elegance warning her off and Christy coming to exchange words with her, it presents a perfect opportunity for Nina to capitalize. Hitting the ropes to get a full head of steam, she's thwarted when her quarry backflips out of the way and lands a solid kick to her head (Remus beams, "She calls that 'Made in Dade'", finally with a bit of inside info of his own. Wanda: It's a bicycle kick, Remus), sending her hurtling toward a Meeting of the Minds with Melody Cuthill. Christy signals for the end and as Nina rises to her feet, Florida Upswing for the 1.....2..........3.

Winner: Christy Higgins

As

starts up, Christy and Bethany stand in the ring as Christy invites a smarting Melody Cuthill to come into the ring. Melody declines and holds up 3 fingers mouthing, "Three days" while making her way up the ramp. Christy & Bethany dance and mug for the fans as the cameras cut to backstage.

Carnival Queen Kendra and Julie Forletta are standing in the craft service area looking at silver serving platters with placards denoting their contents as Miss Information comes walking up, grabbing an apple. Julie says, "Let me guess, you're coming here to ask for a match with Kendra at Solstice?" Miss Info looks horrified and replies, "Her? Hell no. I don't wrestle strippers, it's unseemly. Is Missy around?", before wandering off. Kendra, with a restraining hand from Julie, stared daggers at her back.

Debbie Rose w/Kate Lilly vs Jen Neptune w/Kathy Neptune

When the bell rang, Debbie lunges at Jen who snaps off a surprisingly crisp left jab, stopping her in her tracks. A simple, easy to follow match begins to break down in the 8th minute as all four women wind up brawling, inside and outside of the ring. Soon after, Jen ducks a clothesline attempt from Debbie and puts her down with the Alabama Jam.

Winner: Jen Neptune

As the women continue brawling, it's only a few moments later before Kate tosses Kathy in the ring and Elegance calls for the bell, starting the next match.

Kate Lilly w/Debbie Rose vs Kathy Neptune w/Jen Neptune

Probably tiring from the previous match's antics, this is a slower affair that tries to center on mat and chain wrestling, with poor results, given the competitors. It also devolves into a in & out brawl before Jen reverses an irish whip into the steel steps and leaves Debbie lying, giving her ample opportunity to slide into the ring and deliver an emphatic Alabama Jam to Kate while Elegance is checking Debbie Rose for movement, quickly sliding out again. This gives Kathy a chance to set Kate up beautifully for a Trident Kick that reverberates all over the garage, before pinning her for the fall.

Winner: Kathy Neptune

Melanie Florence is backstage with Tamara McFly and Julie Forletta.

Melanie: So Tamara, you've been gone for a bit and I know personally, you've been missed. What made you want to put together what amounts to a stable?

Julie: May I?

Tamara: Sure.

Julie: You see, T-Mac is a champion, through and through. But she also has a keen eye for talent, talent that may not be living up to its potential. Therefore, as any sensible young woman would do, and T-Mac is very sensible, she chose to embrace these young talents and show them how to survive, no, thrive, in this dog eat dog business. How to profit from that potential and rise to its level. She's...

Nadia Snow enters the frame. "So you're a champion, huh? Through and through? What were you champion of? Being a madame? I am the former and future USPW Women's champion. I have performed in front of millions of American fans. You? You were champion of some podunk Canadian mom & pop promotion, eh? So you recruit the biggest whores in the business and think that somehow legitimizes you? I don't think so. Carry on, little sister"

Tamara seethes as the cameras cut to the ring.

Carol Singer w/Clare South vs Fuyuko Higa

Two quality competitors going one on one garnered a positive crowd reaction. Back and forth action sprinkled with ample counters and ground as well as aerial based action was blown up when just past the 13th minute, Mary Beth Chase hit the ring, and leveled the champion with a spear, drawing the DQ.

Winner by DQ: Fuyuko Higa

Remianen comes out again and stops at the top of the ramp. Aurora hands him a card and a microphone and he says, "We have our decisions made and so I'm here to announce that at Solstice, this Sunday, we're going to have the following matches added to an already packed card. The team of Hollywood Gregg will take on the eminently talented and aptly named team of The Experience. We'll also see Miss Information go one-on-one with......Carnival Queen Kendra. Also, apparently impressed with the previous match, Missy Masterson has decided that she wants to test herself against Carol Singer. Oh, and last but certainly not least, due to some backstage drama I'm guessing, 2-time Canadian women's champion Tamara McFly has implied she wants to beat some sense into former Women's champion.........Nadia Snow. Be sure to hit the website for any future developments."

Remus: Wow, this card just keeps getting better!

Wanda: McFly-Snow is bound to be pretty fun to watch but I think Kendra might have bitten off more than she can chew.

Mostly technical affair, given the women involved, that seesawed back and forth. Seemingly evenly matched, the end revolved around one of the competitors leaving her comfort zone. After telegraphing (and missing) a moonsault attempt, Charisma found herself in a precarious situation as the Amber Alert was locked in, forcing her to tap.

Winner: Amber Allen

Susan Lee vs Eve Grunge

Power versus technique rarely goes well but this was a big surprise. Eve, smartly, attempted to take away the larger woman's base, with mixed results. Just as Eve began building some momentum, Helen Bach made her way down the ramp. As Eve noticed her, she turned to the ramp and beckoned her into the ring, to which Helen refused. But it was just enough time for Susan to shake the cobwebs and hit a Suzi Slam (throwing crucifix powerbomb) and cover for the pin. That is, it would've been a pin if referee Elegance wasn't concentrating on getting Helen Bach from ringside. During what had to have been at least a 5 count, a woman in a black hoodie slid into the ring and hit Susan with a basement dropkick and reversed the pin before sliding out of the ring and jumping into the crowd. Elegance turned around just in time to count the 1-2-3.

Winner: Eve Grunge

As the four women prepare in the ring for the bell, music they didn't expect to hear echoes through the garage as Remianen comes out with Aurora, shaking his head at something. He pulls a mic from his suit jacket and says, "No, no, this just isn't right. I don't like this match." to which the crowd begins to boo. "Oh, you've got it all wrong. We're going to have a match. I just don't like THIS match. Y'see, it seems too much like the kind of match those uncreative folks in New England would put on." which the crowd responds with 'F*CK THE MAINSTREAM' *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

"Yeah, I see you feel me. Now, we're going to have this match but we're going to shake things up a bit. So, instead of the match we told you the main event would be, what's say we jumble things a little. Right now, in that ring, we're going to see....hmmm......Lauren Easter teaming up with......"

*pregnant pause*

"...Golden Delicious...against Sara Marie and Stephanie Wade. This'll be fun to watch, won't it?" which gets the crowd on their feet. The fans closest to the stage can barely make out Remianen whisper to Aurora, "Make sure the paramedics are on standby."

Lauren Easter & Golden Delicious vs Sara Marie York & Stephanie Wade

Golden & Sara Marie start things off and go hold for hold before Sara Marie connects with a standing leg lariat. Pulling her into the corner Sara Marie makes the tag to Stephanie who begins a methodical series of stomps, before taunting Lauren Easter (who looks nonplussed). Dissension starts forming when Sara Marie calls for a tag and Stephanie pointedly ignores her, content to do as much damage as she can and hopefully pick up the fall. When she gets too close to her corner, Sara Marie blind tags herself in, giving Golden a chance to roll into her own corner and bail out after tagging in Lauren.

While the action continues as expected, several miscues seem to heat things up on both sides of the ring. Miscommunication leading to a back elbow by Sara Marie on Stephanie and Golden Delicious leaving the apron feigning injury when Lauren is desperately reaching for a tag. Finally, with Elegance (and Sara Marie, fearing a DQ) exhorting Stephanie to release a hold after Lauren reached the ropes, all hell breaks loose as a frustrated Stephanie takes it out on her partner with an elbow smash that takes her right off the apron and onto the floor. Golden Delicious, standing on the apron arguing with ringside fans, finds her hair is a perfect handle for dragging her into the ring. The brawl breaks out simply but explosively and before long, referee Elegance is forced to throw it out.

Winner: No one

After the bell rings, the four women are still going at it fiercely. Before long, all four women are back in the ring as officials flood the ring area. Superkick into a Melbourne Surprise for the reigning champion. ESS for Golden Delicious and a Superkick for Lauren before order is restored and Stephanie Wade stands tall over her opponents for Solstice.

Final Show Rating: D-

• 2 weeks later...

QAW Solstice Preview

Credit: The Mystery

On the heels of a very intense and illuminating Showcase, we come upon the biggest event in QAW's history. With several titles up for grabs as well as the pride of each competitor, it promises to be one helluva ride!

"The Definition of Technician" Amber Allen looks to establish herself as a major player when she faces "The Queen of the DDT" Steph Blake. Given the disparity in experience, has Double A set her sights too high?

In one of three request matches, "Misfit" Missy Masterson has chosen Carol Singer to test her abilities against. After very nearly beating the North American champion, Singer seems poised to make a push to the top of the card.

Veteran competitor Helen Bach looks to beat some respect into the younger generation of workers, starting with Eve Grunge. The last few weeks have seen these two women strike at each other in indirect manners. When they're given the opportunity to be direct, who will come out the victor?

Cultures clash as The Angry American, April Appleseed meets the alleged KGB Agent 69, in a flag match in a battle of global proportions.

Dade County's Finest, Christy Higgins, takes on arguably the best women's wrestler in Canada as she faces off with multi-time Canadian women's champion Melody Cuthill.

Carnival Queen Kendra, given an opportunity to choose her own opponent, used the chance to address a perceived slight from the UK's own Miss Information.

Newly returned Tamara McFly collides in a battle for respect against former USPW Women's champion Nadia Snow. Can the newly revealed leader of the Suicide Dolls shake off the ring rust and defeat the self-proclaimed 'Once and Future' champion?

"Miss Perfection" Fuyuko Higa, brutally attacked on multiple occasions, puts the QAW North American title on the line when she faces off against her would-be tormentor, Mary Beth Chase. Can the only North American champion the promotion has ever known climb the mountain and fell the beast?

The newest tag team addition to QAW, Lilly & Rose, have made it their mission to remove the QAW World Tag Team championship from current champs, the Neptune Twins....by force. At Solstice, the two teams will meet in a match of the highest importance as the victors will walk out with the gold.

And in our main event, the QAW World title is on the line as the champion Sara Marie York defends against USPW Women's champion Superstar Stephanie Wade and 'Heaven Sent' Lauren Easter and the Aussie Assassin, Golden Delicious in a Femme Fatale Four Way match. Knowing that she doesn't have to be pinned to lose the title, how will the Fans Choice escape with her gold?

Join us this Sunday for QAW Solstice!

Quick Key

QAW World title

Stephanie Wade vs. Sara Marie York © vs Golden Delicious vs Lauren Easter

QAW North American title

Mary Beth Chase vs Fuyuko Higa ©

QAW World Tag Team title

Lilly & Rose vs The Neptune Twins ©

Helen Bach vs Eve Grunge

Agent 69 vs April Appleseed

Amber Allen vs Steph Blake

Christy Higgins vs Melody Cuthill

Miss Information vs Carnival Queen Kendra

Tamara McFly vs Nadia Snow

Missy Masterson vs Carol Singer

Hollywood Gregg vs The Experience (bonus match)

Very cool. Solstice. I can't wait!

Quick Key

QAW World title

Stephanie Wade vs. Sara Marie York © vs Golden Delicious vs Lauren Easter

Sara effectively just got the title. Can't take it away from her so fast, now, can we...?

QAW North American title

Mary Beth Chase vs Fuyuko Higa ©

I'm a sucker for the Champ.

QAW World Tag Team title

Lilly & Rose vs The Neptune Twins ©

Got to go with my favs here.

Helen Bach vs Eve Grunge - No real reason for my pick, other than Rock Chicks make me hawt.

Agent 69 vs April Appleseed - 69's one of my faves!

Amber Allen vs Steph Blake - Blake deserves some Heel momentum/love.

Christy Higgins vs Melody Cuthill - No real reason for this pick...

Miss Information vs Carnival Queen Kendra - The Suicide Dolls need some legitimacy, and what better way than with one of their members winning?!

Tamara McFly vs Nadia Snow - Gotta give it to one of Remy's faves here. ;)Besides, she's the vet leader of a new stable. You can't let her loose...!

Missy Masterson vs Carol Singer - I know, I know. Everyone hates Masterson because she's been done to death. So that makes her the underdog, and I love me some underdog.

Hollywood Gregg vs The Experience (bonus match) - If this were me, I'd take two great characters and give them a reason to be angry, and pull out all the stops to climb to the top, rather then hand it to them. But of course, I'm not running this...

OOC: *&$(*&)(%)%#$+!_)@$*(+!@($. Ahem. Had the show written up and formatted and everything and lost it all to a 'program has stopped responding' issue. Will get it re-done within the next couple days. In the meantime, someone sparked an idea....

Twas the day before Solstice

and all through the garage,

Every creature was excited,

or was it a mirage?

I'm sitting in my office, going over receipts and balance sheets and profit-loss statements when Reese comes in, complete with concerned look.

"Okay, what's up?", I asked.

"The garage is crawling with technicians," Reese replied with concern. "What's going on?"

Giving my most reassuring smile, I told her, "Oh, prep work for tomorrow night. Big event has to look the part, after all."

Swing and a miss, strike one!

"Big event for WHO?", Reese asked. "That was one thing I wanted to talk to you about."

Uh oh.

"I'll be honest with you, I'm kinda concerned," she continued. "I know it's none of my business but I hope you won't mind me asking. How much money are you making off the promotion?"

In a measured tone, I said, "Well, it depends on what the meaning of 'making' is."

Swing and a miss, strike two~!

Not to be dissuaded, Reese looked me dead in the eye and said, "Tell me the truth."

So I did...and regretted it the instant the words left my mouth.

"How can you.....why don't you....I can't believe this!", she sputtered.

Sighing, I hit a button on my phone and said, "Aurora, do me a favor. Grab Mel and Crusher and come in here, please?"

After a few minutes, everyone's seated and Reese has calmed down a little. She's still having trouble piecing together complete sentences, which Mel is quick to joke about, but at least she's breathing normally. As I've often had to do in the past, I lay it all out for them.

"Okay," I started, "Here's the deal. When I started this venture, there were a handful of people I felt I had to have in order for it to succeed. You four were among those people. Now, some of you required more in the way of assurances than others. I made those assurances since, being honest here, I was going to do those things anyway."

Smirking at the astonished faces, I continued, "By conventional industry wisdom, each of you is grossly overpaid. Let's be real about it. So is pretty much every founding member of the roster. But I agreed to your contract terms because I felt, in this instance, conventional industry wisdom was wrong. I knew what that meant in the short term and I prepared for it."

The nods I got told the story but, as usual, I couldn't leave well enough alone. "So, since you all had questions and Reese was just the first to ask, you now have your answer. QAW is here for the long haul. Oh, and one more thing. Don't get too comfortable in your offices. First of the year, we're moving. QAW is killing the performance of T&J Customs and I can't have that. Besides, a new opportunity presented itself."

Finally able to vocalize, Reese asked, "New opportunity?"

"Yeah," I replied. "Remember that development over by Corporate Woods people have been talking about? What with the economy being so bad and new builds being 'boondoggles' yadda yadda yadda? Might wanna keep an eye on the news tomorrow."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/LFC%20Diary/EWR_net3.jpg

Given the horrific state of the American economy and its effect on wrestling, it seems newest person to the biz is bullish on the industry's future prospects.

From the Johnson County Sun:

QAW headlocks new home

By Emmanuelle Hill

Johnson County Sun

Pendulum Development Corp was in a bind. With six months to go until completion on its multimillion dollar mixed use development on the outskirts of Overland Park, its biggest prospective tenant actually paid $2.1 million to escape from its planned deal to occupy two-thirds of the 2,980,000 square foot complex. The future, given the economy, looked bleak for the developer.

Enter the most unlikely and unusual savior: Queens of American Wrestling.

QAW, a female-only wrestling promotion founded just six months ago by owner Remianen Valorian, has signed a letter of intent to purchase a 50% stake in the development, with plans to expand it into its own branded entertainment destination. What makes this deal most unlikely and unusual is the fact that Valorian, as you may recall, presides as chairman & CEO of The Shrike Group, parent company of Pendulum Development. What seems to set this deal apart from the typical corporate nepotist theme is the fact that QAW is wholly owned and funded by Valorian himself, as a personal venture.

To translate the corporate speak for our less inclined readers, here's the skinny: Remianen Valorian is handing over what must be tens of millions of dollars of his own money to create what will amount to a women's wrestling themed destination located minutes away from the 39th largest city (and 26th largest metro area) in the US. But the question becomes, on the eve of their biggest show to date, is this a visionary move? Or is it a J.K. Stallings-esque boondoggle?

Sunday Week 4 June 2009

QAW Garage (Mid South)

Attendance: 94

The show opens with copious amounts of pyro before clearing to show QAW owner Remianen Valorian standing in the ring with a mic. He says, "Welcome QAW fans around the world, to Solstice. Now, before we get to the festivities, I'm going to gloat for a minute. I told you at our first show that this promotion will feature the very best workers in the world. To that end, myself and the backstage staff sift through literally hundreds of tapes and DVDs from promotions the world over. We also attend the shows of many other promotions. It was during a recent trip to the Northwest that we noticed one particular worker. Saddled with a ridiculous gimmick and unable to showcase her full skillset, she still stole the show with her performance. So we brought her in and had her audition and show us what she could do. I'm not exaggerating when I say she was very impressive. While still very young, none other than the legendary Crusher Ichihara has said that she could very well become a wrestling machine. But you know what they say, a picture's worth a thousand words. Take a look at this, and while you're watching it, remember this: QAW is all about talent, desire, and drive. QAW is where the most beautiful, the most talented, the most driven women in the world, reside. Roll the tape, Danny."

The QueenVision screen lights up with a scene of a young blonde woman sparring. She twists her opponent into very unique and painful looking holds. The video is punctuated by the woman taking a hip toss, kipping up while still holding her sparring partner's arm, twisting it into an armbar, taking her down to the mat and locking on an arm trap crossface. Almost immediately, her opponent can be seen tapping out. The video closes with the woman sitting, soaked in sweat with her head down, towel around her neck. Slowly as the camera pans around, she raises her head, looks straight into the camera and gives an impish grin.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/LFC%20Diary/MichelleCox.jpg

Michelle Cox....is coming....to QAW.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/EveGrunge.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/HelenBach.jpg

Eve Grunge vs Helen Bach

Surprisingly even match as Helen looked to exploit her experience advantage by brawling her younger opponent but lost control of the match when she erred and took Eve to the mat. Eventually, her power advantage and willingness to use every shortcut available, allowed her enough of a cushion to signal for the Bronx Buster. That is, before the same girl from the last Showcase, this time in a grey hoodie, came walking down the ramp. Helen, warily watching her approach, momentarily lost sight of her opponent and paid dearly for it as Eve shook off the cobwebs and hit the Evenflow for the pinfall victory.

Winner: Eve Grunge

After the match, as an irate Helen Bach fumed in the ring, berating referre Elegance, Eve hugged the girl and pointed to her, at which time the hoodie came off to reveal:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/RoxyKitten.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/LionessMushashibo.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/SaekoHiroyuki.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/GeriSmith.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/BritneyHollywood.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/DharmaGregg_alt03.jpg

The Experience vs Hollywood Gregg

Good match where the Lioness & Saeko led Brit and Dharma through a very even, watchable match. Though the crowd rode Dharma every time she botched the simplest of moves, the veterans helped the match recover with their selling. Geri Smith proved the difference maker, distracting Elegance on several occasions, allowing her clients to isolate Britney and really put the boots to her. She finally managed to make the hot tag to Dharma, who cleared the ring but was caught in a veteran's ruse as she signaled that it was closing time and thus time for One for the Road (second rope splash) and went up top, playing to the crowd. That gave Saeko more than enough time to stop her and land a thunderous Hiroyuki Bomb. With help from the ropes (which was obvious overkill), she made the pin for the victory.

Winners: The Experience

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/QWATag.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/DebbieRose_alt1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/KateLilly_alt1.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/TaraGreen.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/JenNeptune.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/KathyNeptune.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/JulieForletta.jpg

Lilly & Rose vs The Neptune Twins

Hard fought match that was dominated by the challengers. Perhaps upset over their friends' earlier loss, the twins looked listless and flat. At the 8 minute mark, Elegance is counting as Kathy lay almost motionless on the outside. Tara exhorts Kate, who's playing to the crowd, to get her back into the ring ("You can't win the titles on a countout!") before waving to the announce table where Wanda quickly sheds her headset ("Good grief!") and heads down to the ring, picking Kathy up and rolling her back into the ring ("Pin her. NOW!", she shouts to Kate). The crowd roars as Wanda turns to head back to the announce table and finds herself nose to nose with...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/TamaraMcFly_FS4.jpg

...who lights her up with a series of McFly chops, before flooring her with a standing clothesline. Meanwhile, back in the ring, Kate heads to the top rope and launches into a Lilly Launch Pad.....only to hit canvas as Kathy somehow rolls out of the way. With the crowd trying to power Kathy to make a tag and both women crawling desperately to their corners, it's Kate who gets the tag in to Debbie first. As she sprints across the ring to try to stop Kathy, she finds herself face to face with a very angry....and very blonde Neptune.

The two women go at each other like trained pitbulls, throwing bombs. Debbie whips Jen to the ropes and, trying for the Thorn Cutter, gets twisted and dropped by the Alabama Jam. The pinfall is academic.

Winners & still champions: The Neptune Twins

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Remianen.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/ChristinaCharisma.jpg

The camera cuts backstage as Christina Charisma bursts into Remianen's office, slams her hands on the desk and says, "I want the new girl.."

"I beg your pardon?"

"I want the new girl, in the ring."

"Michelle..."

"Whatever her name is. I don't care. If she's supposed to be so good, she shouldn't have much trouble beating me, right?"

"Okay..."

"I knew you'd..."

"...I'll think about it."

"What? There sh...."

"I said, I'll think about it. Now, if you'll excuse yourself, I have work to do."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/StephBlake.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/AmberAllen.jpg

Steph Blake vs Amber Allen

Excellent match that swung back and forth like the proverbial pendulum. The finish came after a cat and mouse chase outside the ring leading to a double leg takedown by Amber, who looked to be trying to lock on a Texas Cloverleaf before Steph pulled her into a small package and, with a healthy handful of tights, secured the victory before quickly vacating the ring.

Winner: Steph Blake

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/CarnivalQueenKendra_alt1.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/JulieForletta.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MissInformation_alt01.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/SimonaCox.jpg

Carnival Queen Kendra w/Julie Forletta vs Miss Information w/Simona Cox

Simple match that Miss Info seemed destined to lose. Kendra came out like a house afire, basically street fighting for much of the match. This led to an out of control, unorthodox approach that Miss Info managed to finally capitalize on, with several unique counters. The match came to an end after an Excalibur.

Winner: Miss Information

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/GenericNorthAmerican.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MaryBethChase.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Monique.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/FuyukoHiga.jpg

Mary Beth Chase w/Monique vs Fuyuko Higa

Big surprise, though it shouldn't have been. The monstrously powerful MBC came at the champion relentlessly. Battering her from post to post, tossing her around like a ragdoll, with every rallying attempt snuffed by a power move. Though the crowd gave the monster heel hell, she kept her eye on the prize: the QAW North American title. The match seemed ready to come to its conclusion when the champion found herself hoisted high into the air and dropped on the receiving end of the MBC Bomb. Elegance made the call...1....2......, no! The champion gets a shoulder up. Seemingly unfazed, Mary Beth picks the champion up and hits another MBC Bomb, with even more force (if that was even conceivable). Making the cover, Elegance again makes the count, 1.....2..........again the champion gets a shoulder up. Now starting to come unhinged, Chase picks up the champion and tries for another MBC Bomb, but this time Higa manages to wiggle free and hit a desperation neckbreaker.

With both women staring at the lights, Elegance begins to count. At 5, with the crowd firmly behind her, Higa begins to slap the mat as she rolls over. Mary Beth is up first and goes for a thrust kick before finding herself back on her back, after having her plant foot taken out by a legsweep. Seemingly possessed by an adrenaline rush, the champion lets out a primal scream and signals for the end. As MBC rises to her feet, she finds a small arm wrapped around her neck as she's taken for a ride, courtesy of the Higa Green Driver. The crowd counts along as Elegance makes the pin count.

Winner & still champion: Fuyuko Higa

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Remianen.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/QueenEmily.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/AudDHoffryn.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Tai.jpg

The camera cuts backstage to Remianen's office as Queen Emily barges in with the rest of her Court.

"None of my girls are booked to wrestle tonight."

"Yeah, and?"

"And, I'm not leaving this office until they are scheduled to wrestle. Tonight."

"Sweetheart, do you know who I am? I'm the boss 'round these parts."

"And I, as you well know, am the Queen. Now, you're going to book my girls here tonight or we'll keep you company doing....whatever it is you....do."

"No, because I'm going to call secu...hmmm. You know what? You all head down to the ring right now. I'll give the Royal Guard a match, tonight."

"Don't patronize me!"

"You want the match or not? Going once, going twice..."

"Okay. We'll head down to the ring. But if you're lying, we're not LEAVING the ring. Let's go, girls."

Remianen leans back in his chair with a cheshire cat grin, before abruptly walking out.

God Save the Queen blares through the garage as Queen Emily and her court make their way to the ring. As they stand in the ring, facing the ramp, synthesized strings begin to play before being accented by a saxophone and bursting into an unfamiliar song. The Queen and her court look at each other and shrug. After about a minute, Remianen comes through the curtain, mic in hand. Still with that knowing smile on his face, he says, "So, you think you're big and important enough to threaten me for a match. But, as is usually the case, I'm three steps ahead of you. Yup, I'll give you a match. You'll be facing....well, I'll let them tell you." Stepping to the side of the stage, he stands and waits.

Beautiful Day lights up the garage's sound system and, after a terse half minute, two women practically bounce through the curtain:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MegumiNakajima.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/KitHatoyama.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MegumiNakajima.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/KitHatoyama.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/AudDHoffryn.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Tai.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/QueenEmily.jpg

Meg & Kit vs The Royal Guard w/Queen Emily

Quick match to debut Megumi and Kit, as they put on a clinic and took their opponents to school. End came with all four women brawling in the ring, Kit took out Tai with a dropkicksault, allowing Meg to hit the Nakajima Straight Jacket on Aud for the pinfall victory.

Winners: Meg & Kit

With Nadia Snow in the ring, an excited hush comes over the crowd before the speakers blare:

She's fine (she's fine), she's sexy, cool

And don't n'ar dude know what to do with her (know what to do with her)

{I'm WHAT IT IS!}

All these chicks can keep hatin'

But they know that they can't fool with her (they can't fool with her)

{I'm WHAT IT IS!}

She hit the spot and shut it DOWN! (DOWN!)

No messin around, strike a pose, girl

(Aw yeah)

Strike a pose, girl!

... Now get off, GET OFF!

The ramp explodes in multicolored pyro as the QueenVision fills with an image...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/SuicideDollsLogo.jpg

Credit: NordVolf

..and Tamara McFly walks out, accompanied by Julie Forletta. As her theme plays, she stares daggers at her opponent as she walks down the ramp, slapping hands with the fans, stopping momentarily to do the bump with one woman at ringside, which garners a pop from the rest of the crowd. Stopping to place her sunglasses on a little girl at ringside, she climbs into the ring.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/NadiaSnow.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/TamaraMcFly_FS4.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/JulieForletta.jpg

Nadia Snow vs Tamara McFly w/Julie Forletta

Nadia came out with something to prove. T-Mac came out looking to set an example for her girls. From the beginning, the difference in experience was easily apparent. As Nadia charged trying to establish offense, Tamara countered and frustrated her. Just past the ten minute mark, while trying to fight her way out of a powerbomb attempt, Nadia found herself on the receiving end of the McFly Driver.

Winner: Tamara McFly

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MissyMasterson.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/CarolSinger.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/ClareSouth.jpg

Missy Masterson vs Carol Singer w/Clare South

Simple match as the first meeting between these two. Singer led Missy through a good match before using a distraction by Clare to remove the padding from a turnbuckle, playing possum in the corner to hide it, and hitting a drop toe hold on an onrushing Missy, right into the exposed turnbuckle. Shooting a woozy Missy against the ropes, she hits the Stinger and makes the cover.

Winner: Carol Singer

A hush falls over the crowd as Melody Cuthill paces in the ring. After a minute, the speakers and the QueenVision blare....

. The video screen cycles the phrase with an image in the background

http://whiskeyfire.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/29/miami_hurricanes_logo.jpg

and the ramp alights in green and orange pyro, as Christy Higgins walks through the curtain with Bethany Hurst. Pointing at Bethany's sweatshirt:

http://rlv.zcache.com/bitch_im_from_dade_county_tshirt-p235389278790347998trgy_400.jpg

Christy races down the ramp and slides into the ring, immediately tearing into Melody.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/ChristyHiggins.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/BethanyHurst_alt1.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MelodyCuthill.jpg

Christy Higgins w/Bethany Hurst vs Melody Cuthill

Taking the fight right to Melody from the beginning, Christy was fury personified. With her anger clearly visible on her face, Melody found it best to bail out of the ring and take a breather. As Christy gave chase, Melody ran around the ring before sliding back in and taking the opportunity to lay the boots to Christy. Finish came when Elegance tried to force a break, allowing Melody to land an obviously assisted right hook that took Christy on a drive down Dream Street. One Melody Maker and the ride was over.

Winner: Melody Cuthill

Flag Match

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Agent69.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/AprilAppleseed.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Buttercup.jpg

Agent 69 vs April Appleseed w/Buttercup

Very good match between two very good competitors. With back and forth action and some neat spots, the crowd was firmly behind April as, in the end, a Victoria Driver bought her sufficient time to grab the Russian flag from her opponent's corner and, still atop the turnbuckle, snap the flagpole over her thigh before jumping to the mat.

Winner: April Appleseed

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/QWAWorld2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/GoldenDelicious.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/CatJemson.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/LaurenEaster.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/SaraMarieYork.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/StephanieWade.jpg

Golden Delicious w/Cat Jemson vs Lauren Easter vs Sara Marie York © vs Stephanie Wade

Wow. Very fast paced, at times chaotic match that always seemed to come together when it needed to. With a dozen near falls, it seemed to be anyone's match to win. Ending sequence saw Sara Marie hit Golden Delicious with the Energy Burst, Stephanie hit the Star Turn (Superkick) on the champion, only to turn around and find herself on the receiving end of the Easter Suplex Special. Elegance drops down and makes the count...1.....2........3!

Winner & NEW QAW World champion: Lauren Easter

Show rating: D+

The Afterparty

After the show, through a prior arrangement, we had somewhat of an afterparty over at Phylicia's. It was good to finally see all the girls in a social setting. The show came off a bit better than expected and everyone was in a good mood. Of course, for most of the girls, waking up tomorrow will bring that old familiar soreness (and possibly a few hangovers, judging by how active Jenna is behind the bar), but right now, the mood is very...festive.

Going against type, I left my usual booth in the back to the Dolls and set up at the banquet table in the center of the dining room. One of the things that makes Phylicia's unique (and popular) is its status as the only nightclub with a 4-star restaurant. It was a feature I felt would be a major selling point, though my mentor, the Sage of Overland Park himself, was dubious. It's worked out well and the place has become 'the' place to see and be seen.

By design, this, along with my desire to get my own damn drinks, led to me being more accessible to everyone, which is always good. It seemed I bumped into everyone on the roster on my various trips to the bar. First, my new World champion pulled me to the side.

"Hi boss"

Feigning ignorance, I look around as if trying to see who she's talking to. "You talkin' to me?"

"Um, yeah, you're...", she said, looking confused.

"My name's Remi and you're Lauren Easter, right? QAW World champion?"

That brings a wide smile to her face. "Yeah, I am. Sorry, I'm still kinda getting used to that. But that's why I came over. I just wanted to say thank you."

It was my turn to flash the confused look as I said, "Um, for what?"

"Well, from talking with some of the other girls, it seems it's uncommon for a promoter to put their top title on an unknown."

"First of all, you're not unknown. These fans love you to death. Second, I'm a man of my word. What did I tell you in that meeting six months ago? Those other girls have worked for promotions who don't value their top performers (unless they're related to the owner) or promotions that are so staunchly against progress, they put their top title on a vampire gimmick while their true talents languish in the midcard."

"From what I've heard, it's also uncommon for promoters to keep their word..."

"That's why I'm not a promoter. I'm a businessman. And it's good business to promote from within. From day one I told you, this promotion..."

"...will be built on the backs and hard work of the believers. Yeah, I always liked the way that sounded."

"And you're a believer, yes?"

"Have been from day one," she beamed proudly, as she walked away. As she crossed the room, someone (from the accent, I'd pin it on a Brit) shouted, "The champ is here!" which turned Lauren's face all manner of colors as she blushed.

==================

As I got back to the table, I noticed my seat currently occupied by an esteemed guest who had the table held in rapt attention to the story he was telling. "So I tell him, Stone, no one's going to buy that without some juice and he nodded. Diff'rent times, I tell ya. Diff'rent times. Oh hey, kid." The Crippler himself, Ray Kingman, stands up and, leaning heavily on his cane, detours me back into the direction of the bar.

"I can't tell you how honored I am to have you here," I said. "To be honest, I didn't think you'd come."

"Yeah well, I been around the block a few times. I've seen the starry eyed guys raised on TV wrestling lose their shirts trying to be the next Richard Eisen. That Stallings kid's a good example."

"I'm not J.K Stallings."

"I realize that. You've put together a first class operation here. That's what I wanted to talk to you about. I want in."

"I beg your pardon?"

"I said, I want in. Six months ago, you made me an offer. I declined. But if the offer's still available..."

"It's not."

"Huh?"

"The offer's no longer available, sir. As I said then, it had a shelf life of 24 hours. I'm afraid that at the current time, we don't have room for any more backstage staff. Besides, Crusher is doing an awesome job putting together our matches."

"I see."

"Perhaps once we get a bit bigger and maybe land a TV deal, we can do something. But right now, we're full on producers."

"Heh, you're definitely not Stallings. You actually have a plan. I can respect that. I'll keep an eye on you all and when you get that TV deal, you call me."

"Count on it, sir."

• 2 weeks later...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/QAW.jpg

Excuse me QAW fans, I need to catch my breath! Even days after Solstice, I'm still coming down from the thrilling ending of that main event. With the crowning of a new World champion, I can't wait to settle into my chair in the broadcast area for the next edition of Showcase. By order of The Boss himself, every champion will be in action. Some high octane matches have been signed:

"Joshi Spice" Gemmei Oonishi defends the QAW Generation title against Umeko Hotta. Can the veteran Hotta overcome the sheer unbridled energy of the champion?

"The Cult of Personality" Christina Charisma has been granted a match against newest arrival, Michelle Cox. Given the technical acumen of both of these women, who will come out the victor?

Irate over the constant interference in her conflict with Eve Grunge, Helen Bach has demanded and been granted a match with Eve's mysterious friend.

Queen Emily's Royal Guard takes on the high-flying team of High Energy!

Miss Mexico promises to make a statement in her match against an as yet unnamed competitor.

QAW World Tag Team champions the Neptune Twins, square off against The Experience in non-title action.

QAW North American champion Fuyuko Higa teams with Meg & Kit to take on Mary Beth Chase and the Super Powers!

The new QAW World champion Lauren Easter has been told to choose two partners to take on Golden Delicious, Agent 69, and Melody Cuthill! Who will she choose? And will it be enough to even the odds?

All this and plenty of surprises at the next QAW Showcase! Tickets are still available! If you're unable to attend, catch the webcast LIVE at QAW.com!

Quick key:

Generation title

Gemmei Oonishi © vs Umeko Hotta

Christina Charisma vs Michelle Cox

Helen Bach vs ???

The Royal Guard vs High Energy

Miss Mexico vs ???

The Neptune Twins vs The Experience (non title)

Fuyuko Higa/Meg & Kit vs Mary Beth Chase & The Super Powers

Lauren Easter, ???, ??? vs Golden Delicious, Agent 69, Melody Cuthill

• 2 weeks later...

QAW Showcase

Thursday Week 4 July 2009

QAW Garage (Mid South)

Attendance: 98

Announcers:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/RemmingtonRemus_alt1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MelanieFlorence.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/WandaFish.jpg

Remmington Remus - Melanie Florence - Wanda Fish

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Remianen.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Aurora.jpg

The show opens with Remianen & Aurora in the ring. Remi raises his mic and says, "Welcome QAW fans! I'm sure you know that a new champion was crowned at Solstice and I'd like to congratulate Lauren Easter on her victory. But, it has come to my attention that, in light of the current economy, some fans are experiencing hardships in attending our shows. So, what I plan to do is scale back a bit on the number of shows we run in order to give folks less of a financial burden. To that end, I'm also lowering ticket prices as well."

Remus: Wow, that is awfully generous of the Boss to do.

Melanie: I think there's more to it than that.

Wanda: I can't believe it but I agree with Melanie!

"Now, on to the business at hand...."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/DharmaGregg.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/BritneyHollywood.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MissyMasterson.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/SuicideDollsLogo.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/JenNeptune.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/KathyNeptune.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/TamaraMcFly_FS4.jpg

The Boss is interrupted by the speakers blaring

, followed shortly thereafter by the entrance of the Suicide Dolls. Kathy Neptune grabs a mic and says, "Again, I have to apologize for interrupting but there are things that need to be addressed. Things didn't go too well at Solstice for the Dolls, I admit. And it was probably only due to T-Mac's intervention that my sister and I managed to retain the QAW World Tag Team titles, despite the efforts of a particular retired "legend"." As she says that, she fixes a withering glare in the direction of the broadcast table. Tamara McFly grabs the mic from Kathy and says, "Boss, tonight, in this ring, I'd like to meet Wanda, one on one."

Wanda stands up at the desk and says, "I'm retired, I don't wrestle anymore. A year ago, I'd jump in that ring and slap the taste out of all of your mouths. Besides, who cares what you'd like? You're not in my league, McFly."

Tamara says, "The last person who said to me that wound up staring up at the lights at Solstice. You remember Solstice, don't you, you old bag? Or has the Alzheimer's set in already?"

"Enough already!" Everyone turns to Remi as he continues, "I did want to address that......" before a cell phone goes off with

. Everyone turns to Aurora who sheepishly fishes the phone from her cleavage and answers it before leaning in and whispering something which elicits an emphatic "Sh*t!" from Remi. He hands his mic to Aurora and bolts to the back. Aurora says, "Unfortunately, the Boss has an urgent appointment...in Japan. But I do know he wasn't happy with Wanda's...intervention at Solstice. I'll consider your request, Tamara. That's all I can promise right now."

Remus: Looks like the Dolls...

Wanda: Shut up, Remus.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/LionessMushashibo.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/SaekoHiroyuki.jpg w/ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/GeriSmith.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/JenNeptune.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/KathyNeptune.jpg

The Experience w/Geri Smith vs The Neptune Twins

The more seasoned veteran team had the misfortune of running into one fired up set of twins. With the Lioness putting on an aerial clinic, the match's result was determined by the appearance of Lilly & Rose who drew the attention of the twins...and found themselves fallen upon like rabbits in a den of wolves. Their opponents forgotten, the twins took the fight to Debbie & Kate and didn't notice Elegance counting. Wanda stood to perhaps step in until Melanie stopped her ("I wouldn't do that if I were you. That is, if you want to remain 'retired'. Aurora?") and she flopped back down in her chair. In the meantime, Elegance reached ten as Jen & Kate and Kathy & Debbie found the walls on the opposite far sides of the garage before disappearing out the doors.

Winners: The Experience (countout)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/GoldenDelicious.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Agent69.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MelodyCuthill.jpg

The camera cuts backstage to a locker room where Golden Delicious, Agent 69, and Melody Cuthill are talking strategy until they notice the camera. Golden Delicious says, "Let me explain something very simple. It does not matter who that paper champion chooses as her partners. Standing before you are two of the most dominant women in this promotion, along with a comrade who is just a few months away from joining that exclusive group. Be sure to pay attention as we show you just how tenuous Lauren Easter's hold on the World title is."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/QAWGeneration.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/UmekoHotta.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/GemmeiOonishi.jpg

Umeko Hotta vs Gemmei Oonishi

Veterans are awesome to have around. Even though Hotta manhandled the champion and outclassed her in skill, she gave the champ a chance to fight her way back into the match and finally to score a flying clothesline which set up the Flying Dagger Legdrop and the successful defense.

Winner: Gemmei Oonishi

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MissMexico.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/PaigeCroft.jpg

Miss Mexico vs Paige Croft

Quick squash that didn't quite work out that way. Paige harried Mexi a few times before the Redhead Press put an end to her.

Winner: Miss Mexico

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/FuyukoHiga.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MegumiNakajima.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/KitHatoyama.jpg

The camera cuts to an interview area where QAW North American champion Fuyuko Higa is standing with Megumi Nakajima and Kit Hatoyama. They express how confident they are that they can be victorious despite the assembled power of their opponents.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/AudDHoffryn.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Tai.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/QueenEmily.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/KunikoMatsura.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/TomokoSaitoh.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Vita.jpg

The Royal Guard w/Queen Emily vs High Energy w/Vita

Note to self: WAY too high on the card for this match. Two young teams still starving for experience entered the ring and for four minutes, the match was pretty even. And then Tai got the tag. After an inside-out clothesline and gorilla press slam put both of her opponents down, she grabbed Tomoko (the legal person) and lifted her for an emphatic Taiphoon, for the pinfall victory.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/RoxyKitten.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/HelenBach.jpg

Roxy Rocket vs Helen Bach

As the speakers explode with her theme's refrain (

), Roxy comes out accompanied by Eve Grunge. At the top of the ramp, she says something to Eve which seems to deflate her and she nods and heads to the back. Once in the ring, Roxy's strategy was sound (avoid the bigger, stronger woman and take her down with hit & run attacks). That is, until Helen caught her. It was all downhill from there. Though there was one bright spot where Roxy wriggled out of a Bronx Buster attempt and tried to hit a lungblower, it failed when her much larger opponent didn't fall backward into it, simply scooping her up and finally hitting the Bronx Buster for the pinfall.

Winner: Helen Bach

After the bell rings, Helen goes to leave the ring then stops and looks into the crowd with an evil look on her face. Lifting Roxy up, she hits another Bronx Buster and starts laughing. She lifts her again before her legs are chopped from under her by Eve Grunge. Rolling from the ring, she backed up the ramp smiling as Eve yelled at her "This isn't over!" while checking on her fallen friend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/FuyukoHiga.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MegumiNakajima.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/KitHatoyama.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MaryBethChase.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/NikkiPower.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/PowerGirl.jpg

Fuyuko Higa & Meg & Kit vs Mary Beth Chase & The Super Powers

Huge surprise here as Higa, Nakajima, and Hatoyama really elevated this match (and their opponents) with their talent. After a back and forth match that saw every competitor face off at some point with everyone on the opposite side, Fuyuko hits the Higa Green Driver on Power Girl and tags in Megumi while she heads straight for the heel corner. Duly distracted, it allows Megumi to score the pinfall with the Nakajima Straight Jacket.

Winners: Fuyuko Higa & Meg & Kit

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/ChristinaCharisma.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/LFC%20Diary/MichelleCox.jpg

Christina Charisma vs Michelle Cox

Match of the night simply stole the show. These two women laid it all on the line, though they started slowly. Both wary of the other's technical prowess, they worked a match that built on the hold-counter story with several near falls and near submissions. Finally, Christina suffered for not scouting her opponent sufficiently as she ran in for clothesline and found herself ridden to the ground in a hammerlock before the Cox Crossface was cinched in. She had no choice but to tap.

Winner: Michelle Cox

After the team of Golden Delicious, Agent 69, and Melody Cuthill have made their entrances, there is a pause and then Heaven Sent hits the speakers sending the assembled fans to their feet. Soon after, the new QAW World champion Lauren Easter comes out and walks slowly and deliberately down the ramp, waving and slapping hands with the fans. She stops halfway down the ramp and produces a mic.

"I'm guessing you guys are wondering who I chose for partners," she says. "Well, I asked around and I swear, these two were so enthusiastic, I had to choose them."

The Angry American blasts through the speakers and their namesake, one April Appleseed, comes out fired up. As she walks down the ramp, the garage vibrates to a gravelly voice proclaiming, "B*tch I'm from Dade County" as Christy Higgins walks through the curtain, Bethany Hurst close behind. After a short meeting between the three competitors, they charge the ring and the match gets underway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/AprilAppleseed.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/LaurenEaster.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/ChristyHiggins.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/BethanyHurst.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MelodyCuthill.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/Agent69.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/GoldenDelicious.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/CatJemson.jpg

April Appleseed, Lauren Easter & Christy Higgins w/Bethany Hurst vs Melody Cuthill, Agent 69 & Golden Delicious w/Cat Jemson

A match that started out very well, with quick tags and all competitors showing their skill levels (or potential skill levels), quickly devolved into an all-out brawl. Each set of prior opponents paired off and took the match inside the ring, outside the ring, and into the crowd. In the end, Elegance threw it out as a double countout.

Winners: Draw (double countout)

Show Rating: D-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/HotTopic.jpg

Welcome QAW fans to the debut installment of Hot Topic! I'm Melanie Florence and today, what's hot is the next Showcase!

QAW Generation champion Gemmei Oonishi, fresh off a successful title defense, puts the gold on the line once again when she goes head to head with Roz Larren.

QAW North American champion Fuyuko Higa defends her title against "The Future" Etsuko Arihyoshi. Riding a huge wave of momentum, can the self-proclaimed Future of Women's Wrestling overcome a champion whose immense talent is only surpassed by her will to compete and win?

Due to the result of the non-title match on the last Showcase, a match has been signed for this edition with the Neptune Twins facing the team of Lioness Mushashibo and Saeko Hiroyuki, collectively known as The Experience. This time, it's for all the marbles as the QAW World Tag Team titles are on the line!

Eve Grunge & Roxy Rocket team up to face Helen Bach and a partner of her choice. Who will Helen choose to go into battle with?

Missy Masterson, still looking for her first win in QAW, takes on the stiff challenge of Nadia Snow.

Michelle Cox, following a strong debut match, looks to take her winning streak to two as she faces off against Wendy Anderson.

AND: Former champion Sara Marie York has made it known she has a major announcement to make. What could it be and what effect will it have?

All this and much more at the next QAW Showcase! Join us live or via webcast this Thursday at 8pm!

Quick key:

Roz Larren vs Gemmei Oonishi © - QAW Generation title match

Etsuko Arihyoshi vs Fuyuko Higa © - QAW North American title match

The Experience vs The Neptune Twins © - QAW World Tag Team title match

Eve Grunge & Roxy Rocket vs Helen Bach & ???

Missy Masterson vs Nadia Snow

Wendy Anderson vs Michelle Cox

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/QAW-Showcase.jpg

Thursday Week 3 August 2009

QAW Garage (Mid South)

Attendance: 122

Announcers

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/RemmingtonRemus_alt1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MelanieFlorence.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/WandaFish.jpg

Remmington Remus - Melanie Florence - Wanda Fish

The show opens with a tape of QAW owner Remianen in his office with Aurora, looking over some paperwork before a curvaceous woman in a tight fitting grey business suit steps into the frame.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/EmmaEvans.jpg

"The contracts just came in," she says, handing a manilla folder to him.

"I guess that does it," he sighs. "Time to go out and drop a bomb on these fans." As Maybach Music's strings start up, the fans sit in nervous anticipation of what type of announcement he has to make. Walking slowly through the curtain and down the ramp, Aurora and the unidentified woman in tow, he walks up the ring steps and pauses before holding the ropes open for the ladies and stepping in, mic in hand.

"I'm not going to waste any of your time. This isn't my announcement to make so let's just bring our former champion, Sara Marie York on out here."

As a techno track starts up, the former QAW World champion bounds out, streaking to the ring and sliding in before waving energetically to all the fans. Handed a microphone, she says, "Thanks, um, boss, I just wanted to say a couple things. But I'd like to say them directly to......Lauren Easter.". Just then, Heaven Sent hits the speakers, heralding the arrival of the QAW World champion herself. As she walks down the ramp, slapping hands with the fans, a troubled look crosses her face as she steps between the ropes. "Sara, I know what this is about..." "Do you really?" Sara replies, "Do you really know what it's like to lose your title and not get pinned? Look, I'll admit that I was tres bummed after that match. But later on that night, I got really pissed, if you'll excuse my french." This draws scattered laughter from the crowd. "None of these fans knows for sure if you can actually beat me, with everything on the line. I don't know for sure that I can beat you. So, since I have a rematch due to me, I've decided to cash it in..."

Lauren says, "I've got no problem with th-"

"....TONIGHT!"

Lauren whistles before taking a step back and, after a deep breath, "Sara, I've said from the moment I won this title that I plan to be a fighting champion. I'm saying it again right here, right now. I plan to reside in the main event so if you or anyone in that locker room thinks you're ready to face me and be the highlight of the night, all you have to do is say so. You want a rematch tonight....." she pauses to get as close to Sara Marie as she can before raising the mic and saying...

"....YOU GOT IT!"

That said, she drops the mic and slides out of the ring, backing up the ramp with her eyes fixed on Sara Marie. Halfway up the ramp, she takes the title off her shoulder and raises it high for all to see, before turning around and walking through the curtain.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/GenericNorthAmerican.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/EtsukoArihyoshi.jpg w/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/RachelDearheart.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/FuyukoHiga.jpg

Etsuko Arihyoshi w/Rachel Dearheart vs Fuyuko Higa

Main event quality match to start the show was a huge (pleasant) surprise. These two young women put on a technical clinic that belied their ages. In the earlygoing, after an exchange led to the champion being in prime position, Arihyoshi went for her finisher only to have to countered halfway in by a cradle for a one count. From there, it went back and forth until the champion mounted a sustained stretch of momentum.....and was promptly speared by Mary Beth Chase, drawing the DQ.

Winner: Fuyuko Higa (D)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/QAWGeneration.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/RozLarren.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/GemmeiOonishi.jpg

Roz Larren vs Gemmei Oonishi

The two young stars both came into this match looking to prove themselves. Unfortunately for Joshi Spice, Roz chose this day to display her superior skillset, pinning the champion after a Lionsault.

Winner & new champion: Roz Larren (E)

After Eve & Roxy enter the ring, a classic rock riff hits the speakers and Helen Bach proceeds down the ramp, alone. She's handed a mic and says, "You know, I was thinking about who I should choose as my partner and one of the other veterans was also lamenting the lack of respect shown by you heifers. So I decided that she'd be perfect to teach you little crotch crabs a lesson. Allow me to introduce you to the aptly named Queen of Pain!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/RoxyKitten.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/EveGrunge.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/HelenBach.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/JunkoHayakawa.jpg

Roxy Rocket & Eve Grunge vs Helen Bach & Junko Hayakawa

Slow burning match that came down to three of the women. With the two veterans isolating Eve in their corner, they still had trouble as she managed to score several near falls off of counters. But she could never get to the other side of the ring to make the tag....until she did. Roxy hit the ring and immediately quickened the pace, even with the fans all over her for her less than adequate skill level. In the end, with Eve and Helen brawling on the outside, Roxy picked up the win after a Crotch Rocket (Seated Senton).

Winners: Roxy Rocket & Eve Grunge (E-)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/QWATag.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/SaekoHiroyuki.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/LionessMushashibo.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/JenNeptune.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/KathyNeptune.jpg

The Experience vs The Neptune Twins

Back and forth match that seemed open for either team to win. Jen made the mistake of trying to keep up with the Lioness as she took to the air repeatedly. With several near falls in the book, it seemed anyone's match to win. That is, until Wanda Fish left her announcing position to berate Elegance for alleged slow counts. While Elegance dealt with Wanda on the apron, two women emerged from the crowd.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/KateLilly.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/DebbieRose_alt1.jpg

As Kate Lilly yanks Jen off the apron and whips her into the ring steps, Debbie slides into the ring and gives a Thorn Cutter to Kathy, before sliding out and ducking under the apron as Wanda makes a conciliatory hand gesture and backs up the ramp.

[The camera cuts to a locker room where Dharma Gregg and Britney Hollywood look ready to run out, before a restraining hand stops them. The camera zooms out to show Tamara McFly on the end of that arm as she says, "No, stay here. Let's let this play out."]

As Elegance turns to find Saeko Hiroyuki splayed across a stunned Kathy Neptune, she falls and begins the count....1.......2......(Remus: NO NO, not like this! COME ON!)...........3!

Winners & new champions: The Experience (E+)

After the match, as the twins come around and realize what just happened, they immediately go after Debbie and Kate and a brawl breaks out. The twins show quite a vicious streak as they tear into the women who cost them their titles. Security floods the ringside area and manages to separate the two teams, which Debbie & Kate take as their cue to skedaddle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MissyMasterson.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/NadiaSnow.jpg

Missy Masterson vs Nadia Snow

Missy came out unusually reserved but once the bell rang, she seemed to channel her stablemates' fury and took the fight right to her more accomplished opponent. While Nadia had serious trouble dealing with such uncorked rage, she managed to turn the tables in her favor after a thumb to the eye and a bulldog. But she couldn't match the uncharacteristic intensity of Missy and finally fell to the Identity Crisis.

Winner: Missy Masterson (E+)

After the match, What It Is hits the speakers and Tamara McFly walked the aisle with a determined look on her face. Grabbing a mic, she said "I'm not going to waste any time here. Aurora, you said a decision had to be made and I'd like to hear what that is." After a moment, a theme song hits the speakers but isn't the one that was expected as Remianen parts the curtain with Aurora and the new woman in tow. "Yes Tamara, a decision has been made. And I'm sorry....", at which point an annoyed look screws Tamara's face, "....Wanda. But you'll have to face Tamara McFly, one on one."

"WHAT? I'm retired, you know that! I don't wrestle anymore. It's in my contract!"

"Funny thing about contracts, most people who cite them, apparently haven't actually read them. Emma, if you will?" The woman, now known as Emma, reaches into her suit jacket and pulls out a sheaf of papers and hands them to Remianen.

Remus: How does she fit anyth...

Melanie: Don't finish that sentence, Remus.

"Remember when you first gave notice of your retirement, Wanda? You specifically asked for a clause to be added that prevented me from using you in matches, didn't you? Well, that clause, subsection 17, cuts both ways. It says that not only can you not be involved in any physicality, but you cannot cause or threaten physicality or the entire clause is void. Not even an hour ago, you threatened physicality on my ref."

The QueenVision lights up with Wanda on the ring apron shouting at Elegance. At one point, she raises her hand as if threatening to backhand the referee. The crowd pops at the revelation as a wide smile cracks Tamara McFly's face as Wanda's face is completely drained of color.

"But let it never be said that I'm not a fair person. You haven't wrestled in months. So I'll groove one for you and see if you can handle it. At the next Showcase, it's going to be Lilly & Rose and Wanda Fish....versus The Neptune Twins and Tamara McFly. You've got just under a month to get back into ring shape. I think that's fair, no? Oh and one more thing. Should you decide to no show or get out of this somehow, hehehe, you are so fired. Then I'll sue you for breach, just to add insult to injury."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/WendyAnderson.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/MichelleCox.jpg

Wendy Anderson vs Michelle Cox

Better than expected match as Wendy tried the hit & run approach and Michelle just flowed with her, waiting for an opportunity to strike. One particularly telling sequence involved a springboard leg drop by Wendy on a bent over Michelle, which she followed with a basement dropkick and pin attempt, only getting two. After berating referee Elegance for counting slow, she turned in time to take an enzugiri square in the head, dropping both women. Michelle was the first one up and she locked her hands together and raised them in the air, signaling the end. As Wendy got to her feet, she hit the ropes and tried a clothesline that Michelle ducked under and the on the way back, Wendy hit the second rope with the idea of hitting a springboard elbow smash (with the pretty 180 spin included) but found her arm trapped as Michelle locked in the Cox Crossface on the fly. Wendy struggled for almost a minute but found it more prudent to tap.

Winner: Michelle Cox (D+)

With Sara Marie in the ring, it looks as if we're ready for our main event. A short pause is followed by the plaintive acoustic guitar strain and 'Sent from heaven' as the champion's music starts up. The QueenVision lights up showing the champion backstage walking to the Crusher position, shadowboxing on the way. As she gets to the stairs leading to the curtain, she pauses for a moment, head bowed, then bursts up the stairs and through the curtain, to a thunderous reaction from the crowd.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/QWAWorld2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/SaraMarieYork.jpg vs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/LaurenEaster.jpg

Sara Marie York vs Lauren Easter

For twenty minutes, these two women put on a back and forth match that belied their all-round skill levels. On several occasions, it seemed as though Sara Marie was close to winning back the title she lost at Solstice. But then the new champion asserted herself and turned into a countering machine. The ending sequence had the champion down and Sara Marie climbing to the top rope where she turned around, seemingly planning a split-legged moonsault. But that moment with her back turned to her opponent was a huge error, given the quality of said opponent as the champ scaled the turnbuckles and, after a series of punches, went for and hit the Victory Star Drop.

Winner: Lauren Easter (D)

Overall rating: D

Next: Who hates America?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/QAW%20diary/HotTopic.jpg

Hello QAW fans! This is Hot Topic and of course, I am Melanie Florence. In the aftermath of the stunning developments from last month's Showcase, we have several matches signed, sealed, and ready to be delivered!

First, by decree of the Boss, for her meddlesome behavior that was apparently in breach of the very contract clause she demanded, Wanda Fish is being forced out of retirement to team with her protegés Lilly & Rose, against a very upset Tamara McFly and former World Tag champs the Neptune Twins.

New QAW Generation champion Roz Larren gets no time to savor her title victory as she's set to team with Geena the Warrior Princess to take on former champion Gemmei Oonishi and Mitsu Ariwa!

Exciting tag team action in the first edition of a new feature we're calling 'On the Rise' as Osiris showcases her new clients in Rebecca Petty and Sally Anne as they take on joshi veterans Umeko Hotta and Yoko Ikina!

Dizzying action is in the forecast as The Suicide Dolls' own Missy Masterson, looking to build on her recent win, teams with fellow Doll Carnival Queen Kendra to take on Miss Information and Carol Singer!

Ashley Grover has been called out for her 'wickedness' and stands to face her accuser in the ring, one on one! Who could possibly think Ashley is wicked? She's a sweetheart!

AND! A four team elimination match to determine the #1 contender for the World Tag Team titles will pit the Super Powers versus The Electrifiers versus Cold War versus Cloud Nine!

PLUS! QAW World champion Lauren Easter will be appearing, which is always a treat!

Join us on the last Thursday in September for QAW Showcase!

Quick key:

Gemmei Oonishi & Mitsu Ariwa vs Roz Larren & Geena the Warrior Princess

Rebecca Petty & Sally Anne vs Umeko Hotta & Yoko Ikina

Missy Masterson & Carnival Queen Kendra vs Miss Information & Carol Singer

The Super Powers vs The Electrifiers vs Cold War vs Cloud Nine

Ashley Grover vs ???

Fuyuko Higa & ??? vs Mary Beth Chase & ???

??? vs Lauren Easter

Remianen,

I have to say I love how you show video of the moves! I don't know why but I just find that to be cool!:cool:

Keep up the good work and I shall go back to lurking.

hehe thanks. I do that because I think it helps with visualization. Plus, it's no secret that I often give my favorite moves...to my favorite workers (though my favoritism isn't as obvious...yet). :)

Archived