International to cult?!

There I was, casually going through a TCW game thinking I'd avoided all the talk I'd caught a glimpse of hear about falling to cult within the first few shows. After 2 PPVs pretty much every show I've put on has been a B rating so not spectacular, but I rose to international level after the second PPV and thought all was good. The B show I'd negotiated for then debuted and got a C-, which I thought was fair enough given who was on it, only to find out that as a result of this show some areas of the US that were on C+ had gone down to C, and I'd gone straight to cult? I thought B shows weren't meant to affect you in this way?

(also note to self (myself, not self himself); turn autosave off....)

B shows don't effect promotion popularity. It was probably a delayed effect from the A tv show/ppv before it as B's except if they are all very high ones are not enough to remain at a National level. And as you know if you can't maintain that it is straight to cult.

If the wrestling industry is low the B rated shows might be losing you pop in the USA. They'll be more than good enough to raise your pop in Canada for example, hence why you rose to international.

Also raising to International would mean you'd need a) a bigger roster b) more over workers. This probably cost your a bit of pop and, with TCW beginning so close to the cult border, pushed you over the edge.

international

so if you're in international you get penalised for having too small a roster?

cos i just reached national and i keep getting an e-mail after shows saying i don't have any/enough big stars. I have a handful of national stars though? but loads of young unproven talent, as i love bringing young talent through, and this was a part of the game i had to do without (and REALLY missed) when in ******* cult status!

Will this message go away if i bring a few more experienced national star workers in? Whats the number in the roster i need to reach if so?

EDIT: also, while i'm asking, this NAtional War stuff that exists in the game to stop there being an unrealistic number of BIG promotions in the game (great idea btw), does this appl only if there are 3 national companies in your country (ie: UK), or if there are 3 national companies in the entire world? I read an old int with Adam explaining how it worked, but was hazy on this one point. There are no other national companies in the UK, but in the entire game world there are at least 3-5...

You always get penalised for having too small a roster, if your roster size is below the ideal roster size for that level. Not just at International.

If you 'don't have enough big stars' it means that you don't have enough workers who are over enough to be seen as a legitimate star at you level. It's the problem TNA had in their early life. They were trying to be a National company but they had pretty much no workers any casual fan had ever heard of. It's all very well bringing up young unknowns through the ranks, but you have to have some 'knowns' there too.

National Wars take place when there are three or more companies at National level of popularity in the same country. Which is to say, when a company gains enough popularity in that country for it to be considered National if it was the promotion's home country. Really can't remember off-hand what the limit is, but your Size screen will tell you. I *think* it's B+ in two thirds of the regions, or something like that. So for the UK, it'd be B+ Importance in four regions. Sounds about right.

Anyway, so assuming that's correct, if 21CW and ROF got to B+ in four regions of the UK, then PGHW got a TV show in the UK that raised their popularity to B+ in four regions, they won't be considered 'National' because they're a Japanese company (they'd probably be International or Global by that stage), but they'd be included in the UK National War, because their popularity is at a National level there.

Hope that made sense... It's been a while since I've played a big enough company to have to worry. :p

In a default Cornellverse game, you'll normally see a National War in America between TCW, SWF and PGHW (sometimes BHOTWG too if they don't fall by the wayside), and later on one in Japan between SWF, PGHW and WLW. Sometimes in Canada between NOTBPW, SWF and TCW (that doesn't often go too well for the Americans :p). I've even seen one in Mexico between those last three, too. :p

Very rarely will you have to worry in the UK, Europe or Australia.

so if you're in international you get penalised for having too small a roster?

cos i just reached national and i keep getting an e-mail after shows saying i don't have any/enough big stars. I have a handful of national stars though? but loads of young unproven talent, as i love bringing young talent through, and this was a part of the game i had to do without (and REALLY missed) when in ******* cult status!

Will this message go away if i bring a few more experienced national star workers in? Whats the number in the roster i need to reach if so?

If you played TEW07, this should be familiar. NOTBPW started the game with like 2-3 workers less than their level required. Anyone running that promotion (and let's face it, NOTBPW was the DaVE of TEW07) had to immediately send out offers to bring people in or the promotion would fall in size. One trick folks used was to change the push of several non-wrestlers until they could get who they wanted on the roster.

If you're National, you need a minimum number of 'National Worker' or above to stop that message from occurring. I think it's 6 or 8 but I forget.

If you played TEW07, this should be familiar. NOTBPW started the game with like 2-3 workers less than their level required. Anyone running that promotion (and let's face it, NOTBPW was the DaVE of TEW07) had to immediately send out offers to bring people in or the promotion would fall in size. One trick folks used was to change the push of several non-wrestlers until they could get who they wanted on the roster.

If you're National, you need a minimum number of 'National Worker' or above to stop that message from occurring. I think it's 6 or 8 but I forget.

i have national workers who are popular in other countries, but not the UK (my home region/country). Do they count, cos they generate NO interest from fans when i book them in matches, and does this make the matches themselves suffer?

HAve unintentionally brought something similar up in two threads now so sorry about that, no bumping intended!

I'm pretty sure the "not enough stars" message can be got rid of by having 1 guy at A level overness across your home region. Since you are in the UK, Danny Patterson would be a great bet for that one as you can use his menace to get over in angles really easily AND he's pretty solid in the ring for a big man too. He was great for me when I ran USPW, up to A* in about 7 months I think...

As for getting good results (I saw your other post) you ALWAYS need people to be over. Even in a performance heavy product overness is still factored in. So your low grades will stem from low overness... so you just need to work out how to get people over in your product. And there are millions of posts around for how to get people over. Wins, working with people higher up the card, angles focussed on strengths... stuff like that. :)

Archived