What do you guys do with workers in the Time Decline section? I have a pretty big roster and all of those currently in my Time Decline, such as Joe Sexy, are over 40 and are 10+ years past their prime. I'm currently playing in 2014.

Should I let them leave when their contract is up or does everyone do something else?

It's really up to you, but at 40 and 10+ years past their prime they could retire at any moment... or they could keep working. I believe Doctor Insane was 10 years past his prime when I signed him at the start of the game, and over three years later he's still an active wrestler.

So, as I said, the choice is yours. You could gamble that they'll stay useful (or perhaps you plan to keep them post-retirement), or you could start moving them down the card so younger guys can move up, and after that you could either allow them to continue working in the midcard or release them. It'll probably come down to an individual basis for every case. Sean McFly 10 years past his prime is still going to be a fantastic worker, so maybe you'd keep him at the top and let him end his career there. Runaway Train, however, will start to lose his Menace (easily his most useful stat), so it seems unlikely he'll be justifiable to keep at the top. Unless you're a giant Runaway Train mark like I am, but sadly in my SWF game he retired after only a few months of gameplay.

Depends on what your needs are. Guys can have plenty of value after they retire. Someone with good Entertainment skills could be a manager, commentator, etc. Someone with very good in-ring skills might do well as a Road Agent or as a trainer in development.

If they don't have any use to you anymore, then I would say let the contracts expire. But if they have some value and money isn't an issue, keep them around.

Archived