The West

i effin rule

I mentioned this in the SW Combine thread, but I thought I would make a post for it.

I've been playing this old west style game for a couple of months now and really enjoy it. I have my own town, called Effingham, in World 8. I'd be happy to accept people into the town as long as I have the space. We currently can only have 10 residents, and I think we have 9. I'll be in the process of upping the residences soon though to allow for more people.

http://www.the-west.net/

what do you need in your town?

It looks neat. I signed up. I was planning on becoming a gun slinger but is there anything in particular the town needs?

Nothing in particular. I run a pretty laid back town, you can be whatever you want. Certainly having people in construction helps a lot because they are the backbone of building the town up, but you can be whatever you want.

anyone want to explain why it say do 10 minutes of work, and it takes 2 minutes to get there why it takes 39 minutes to do it all?

That is what kind of turned me off from the game the first time. Stuff takes way to long to do in this game.

That is actually why I like this game (so far) I hate the games where it takes 1 minute to reach level one, then two minutes to level three, etc. b/c eventually it takes 19 hours to level up and i completely lose track. atleast with this it seems i can consistently set my guy to do something for an hour or two then check in after that.

Dont know why your thing is saying 39 minutes either as I am not looking at your screen but took me a few times before I realized the travel times.

At the bottom of the page you'll see a globe icon that is a mini map. It doesn't have labels or anything, so I just went with the old standby we used in school.

The columns are letters, starting with A and mover right, and the rows are numbers, starting with 1 and moving down.

Hope that helps. If not, 2nd column, 4th row.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived