if i have a match that is 3 minutes long, will it have any penalty?

and also, what if i have a match for 10 minutes, then i have an angle which an authority figure restarts the match, and I put the same match again for another 7 minutes. will it have any penalty?

I regularly have squash matches that have a segment run time of three minutes, meaning the match is only 1 minute long itself. To my knowledge there is no penalty for having too short of a match. If the match ends up good, it won't be factored into the show rating because segments must be 6 minutes to be calculated in. I've done the whole one match, re-start, same match thing before and gotten a better grade on the second than I did the first. It really depends on how the segment performs. If the first match is a C for example then the promo gets a C+, the crowd won't lose much if any momentum going into the second match.

If the match ends up good, it won't be factored into the show rating because segments must be 6 minutes to be calculated in.

Incorrect. You're assuming matches are treated the same as angles. They're not. Matches count regardless of their length.

Incorrect. You're assuming matches are treated the same as angles. They're not. Matches count regardless of their length.

Just as I said in response to your answer in the other thread, I learn new things daily. I apologize for my wrong answer and thank Remianen for correcting me.

product type methinks?

if i have a match that is 3 minutes long, will it have any penalty?

and also, what if i have a match for 10 minutes, then i have an angle which an authority figure restarts the match, and I put the same match again for another 7 minutes. will it have any penalty?

I think it may also depend on what you set the match lengths to in the product type screen? I THINK!? :) Also, if I set my main events for shows to be 35 mins long, and one week my main event falls well short of that, or runs longer as its an iron man match or whatever, will this affect the matchs / shows overall grade? Will there be penalties?

I think it may also depend on what you set the match lengths to in the product type screen? I THINK!? :) Also, if I set my main events for shows to be 35 mins long, and one week my main event falls well short of that, or runs longer as its an iron man match or whatever, will this affect the matchs / shows overall grade? Will there be penalties?

if i remember correctly the match lengths in the product screen are strictly for the computer, and not the user. Thats IF i remember correctly.;)

as for your question i have never noticed a penalty of any kind when i book one main event to be 10 minutes and another 60 minutes, other than if a worker cant work a long match, due to low stamina or if two workers cant carry a long match, due to low psychology, and their other performance stats. their roster position also determines how long they can be in a match before the fans get mad.

basically, the workers in the match factors in more that the match length itself.

Archived