OFFICIAL 2009 C-VERSE DRAFT THREAD (a continuation)

Seeing as how the last thread kind of got shuffled around. This will be the new one if your name is on the list then there is no need to sign up with your fed info as its already entered into the database. Here are the rules for the draft. If you have already signed up or after you sign up for general discussioin please visit this thread: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=681455#post681455 for discussion.

All promotions will be starting at 70 popularity in home region, 50 popularity in the rest of the promotion's home country. Promotions will also start with 50 prestige and $1,000,000 in the bank.

35 Rounds, serpentine draft. Meaning the last person to pick in the first round will pick first in the second round.

The draft will take place in the Default Cornellverse data, with the start date set to January 2009.

1. Use http://www.random.org/sform.html to assign a random order for promotions picking.

2. Once a pick is made, the next person has 2 hours to make his selection. We will use time stamps on the posts.

3. Once the two hour time period elapses, and the next in line does not draft, then whoever is next in line can jump in and select. When you make your selection you are going to be required to copy and paste the draft board in your thread while making your post bold to stand out.

4. If someone is skipped for missing a selection, they can make their selection at anytime.

5. If you have been skipped three times then you will be automatically skipped for any future picks. Furthermore, I will begin looking for a replacement for you if this happens in order to ensure that the game keeps moving forward and the replacement does not lose out on potential picks.

6. If you submit a list to me, ranking wrestlers, and you are not online to make your pick, I will take the first person from that list who has not been selected for your pick (Granted that I am online to do so). Others may be able to fill this role as needed.

7. The first 10 rounds of workers selected will be on a set to written contracts. The remaining picks will be available on non-exclusive PPA contracts, to other promotions to draft. Any promotion choosing to draft a worker to 2 PPA contracts will get that worker on an exclusive PPA deal, assuming that no-one else has drafted them yet. Drafting a worker to 3 PPA contracts with the same promotion will turn the contract into a written contract. If three different promotions select a worker then the worker can no longer be picked by any other promotions.

8. Staff will count as part of your 35 draft picks. You can choose to sign in your first ten and have them exclusively or wait to share them. It is not required to draft staff (ie Referee's, Anoucners, Managers, Road Agents, Colour Commentators, Personalities) but is encouraged to at least get the minimum so the game is playable right away.

9. Trades are allowed and actively encouraged. All workers, staff and boxes are available to be traded in any way you see fit. Trades will not be completed unless all players involved have confirmed the trade to me, and if there is any doubt then my word is final.

The best method would be via PM although the forum would be fine too. Once a trade is confirmed by both sides then it is final and cannot be undone.

10. In this draft you can pick workers from any area to join your promotion. Worker restrictions will be turned OFF.

11. Default Owners and Head Bookers from each promotion will be assigned by you from the roster of workers you have drafted.

12. Changing a worker's active roles. As we are advancing the game by 1 year with whatever ideas we have, I will be allowing each player the chance to change 1 retired wrestler OR 1 on hiatus wrestler OR 1 left the business wrestler each, back into an active worker. Their stats will not be changed however, only their preferred role and wrestling style. EDIT: This ability can be traded if you wish to do so.

13. All the contract information is being set to the following guidelines:

- Random Expiry date

- Alignment set to default, whatever the worker is better at.

- Gimmick set to databse default to match alignment.

- Gimmick rating of B

- Momentum set to random

This is pretty much what the default Cornellverse has for all it's workers too, so I can't imagine there will be any problems with that. If anyone wants (for whatever reason) to add Creative Control into any of their contracts, then you can. Though I can't imagine why you'd want to.

14. You can select anyone you have drafted to be your owner/booker when the time comes, but a person can only own one promotion in the game and book one promotion in the game (1 of each). So if you haven't drafted your owner/booker to a written deal then when you draft them to a PPA deal you should probably announce that you are making them your owner/booker in order to avoid them being stolen from under you. First come, first served is the policy here.

15. All title will begin with a default prestige level appropriate to their level. Main event titles will be set to 80 prestige, all midcard titles will be set to 50 prestige and all low level titles will be set to 20 prestige.

16. All events will be set to have a default event importance of "normal". All promotions are entitled to elevate the prestige of any 1 events by two levels (up to Highly Regarded) or any 2 events up by one level (up to Above Average). This can't be traded to other promotions.

This is the the list of promotions as well as availability. Available slots marked with a ? mark will only become available once the regions that are short are filled. The only exception to this rule is Austrailia, as it is not necessary to have a promotion here but if someone is willing to take it on then go for it. Slots marked with ?? will only be opened up once all of the single ? marked slots are filled. Again this is only in effort to make sure all regions are well represented. Here's how it looks so far:

us1- AWF - Shannonj123456789

us2- EXODUS - The Chosen One

us3- RGE - WrestlingFan#1

us4- THW - Huntman

us5- XOW - Stennick

us6-

ca1- TTWL - Jaded

ca2- Kobe - Kobe

me1- CLLM - drmacbeth

me2- - Obaton??

uk1- Clash - KucianCarter

uk2-

ja1- !C! - Jennie Bomb

ja2- FSPW - SeanMcFly

ja3- OTT Wrestle - derek b

ja4- KP - Alec Burkhardt

eu1- TNA - bak42

au?-

us?-

us??-

ca?-

me?-

uk?-

ja?-

ja??-

ja??-

eu?-

Basic Sign Up Sheet

Promotion Name: Clash Wrestling

Promotion Short Name: Clash

Promotion Home Region: South, UK

Drug Policy: Random

Regular Promotion OR Touring Promotion: Regular

IF Touring, during which months?:

IF Touring, how many shows per week?:

PRODUCT

Product-

Name:

AI for Events: 1v1= 60 , 2v2= 10 , 3v3= 5, Triagle= 15, Four Way= 0, Match Ratio= 80

AI for TV: 1v1= 80, 2v2= 10, 3v3= 0, Triangle= 10, Four Way= 0, Match Ratio= 80

Expected Match Lengths (Events): Minor= 8, Medium= 12, Major= 17

Expected Match Lengths (TV): Minor= 8, Medium= 10, Major= 15

Product Appeal:

Traditional = Very Low

Mainstream = Low

Comedy = Very Low

Cult = Medium

Risque = Low

Modern = Heavy

Realism = Low

Hyper Realism = None

Hardcore = Low

Lucha Libre = Low

Pure = None

Daredevil = Medium

Match Intensity: 70

Match Danger: 70

Womens Wrestling: None

T&A Levels: Low

Face/Heel Divide: Medium

Basic Sign Up Sheet

Promotion Name:

Promotion Short Name:

Promotion Home Region: (eg: Mid South, USA)

Drug Policy:

Regular Promotion OR Touring Promotion:

IF Touring, during which months?:

IF Touring, how many shows per week?:

PRODUCT

Product-

Name:

AI for Events: 1v1= , 2v2= , 3v3= , Triagle= , Four Way= , Match Ratio=

AI for TV: 1v1= , 2v2= , 3v3= , Triagle= , Four Way= , Match Ratio=

Expected Match Lengths (Events): Minor= , Medium= , Major=

Expected Match Lengths (TV): Minor= , Medium= , Major=

Product Appeal:

Traditional =

Mainstream =

Comedy =

Cult =

Risque =

Modern =

Realism =

Hyper Realism =

Hardcore =

Lucha Libre =

Pure =

Daredevil =

Match Intensity:

Match Danger:

Womens Wrestling:

T&A Levels:

Face/Heel Divide:

I forgot to add this in: a blank sign up sheet for your fed info

Just confirming that I am in, but will wait until we get down to the start of the draft and then go to which Area seems to be in need of another fed. Actually the way you've done the sign-ups, I guess I could just take the last non-? mark slot when we get to that.

The one drawback to your current system for sign-ups is that some people may wait to sign-up hoping that others will fill in slots and then open up the regions they want to go to. But this will get the Areas filled quicker.

One thing though, if bak42 is doing a women's fed, I'm not entirely certain that should be counted as Europe's one required fed. All drafts really need at least one female specific fed, but they are a different sort of beast and are largely drafting a different pool than the majority of the drafters. It would actually be great if there were 2 or 3 such feds (perhaps one in US/C and one in Japan) so they'd be competing with each other for talent, but I doubt we'll get that many people interested.

Is it wrong that I'm considering moving to Japan just to continue my tradition of trying to beat Derek? :D

Seriously though, I don't like Japan. Like, at ALL. :)

To each their own. Your fed is already entered into the db so all it would take is a quick adjustment. Whatever you decide to do just keep me posted.

Just confirming that I am in, but will wait until we get down to the start of the draft and then go to which Area seems to be in need of another fed. Actually the way you've done the sign-ups, I guess I could just take the last non-? mark slot when we get to that.

The one drawback to your current system for sign-ups is that some people may wait to sign-up hoping that others will fill in slots and then open up the regions they want to go to. But this will get the Areas filled quicker.

One thing though, if bak42 is doing a women's fed, I'm not entirely certain that should be counted as Europe's one required fed. All drafts really need at least one female specific fed, but they are a different sort of beast and are largely drafting a different pool than the majority of the drafters. It would actually be great if there were 2 or 3 such feds (perhaps one in US/C and one in Japan) so they'd be competing with each other for talent, but I doubt we'll get that many people interested.

I was still counting you but didn't have a name or region to put you in as you said you'd go where needed with the exception of Austrailia since thats been you're beast of burden the last few drafts.

I thought about that but like you said hopefully it will fill up the regions faster. That was the whole purpose behind doing it this way. Was that hopefully if someone really wanted to participate in the draft they could see and would (hopefully) go with what was available. I just didn't want to have everyone trying to sign up for two regions while the rest of the world was left barren.

I didn't think about that. So if someone wants Europe then I could always switch it around and use bak as the ? Europe fed. We'll cross that bridge if and when we ever get to it. Yes ideally it would be nice to have a few all women's feds like the default c-verse but interest seems to be waning.

Hopefully with the new sign up thread that will change and show people that this is still continuing and will be started.

As I'm growing tired of waiting for more people to join in order to determine where I am going to base my fed, I think I am going to claim the final open Japan slot. That leaves the USA, Mexico & UK as the currently open slots. I don't believe I've ever drafted Japan before, although I certainly took a number of guys from Japan when doing Australia, so it should be a new approach for me. I'll try to get all of the promotion info in by this weekend, although I often change my promotion settings based on who I am able to draft.

I know there was a person who expressed interest in the discussion thread a couple of days ago, but then never bothered to come and actually sign-up. Given that it has been nearly a week with no new sign-ups, I'm wondering how much longer you intend to wait before either going ahead with the small group we have or just scrapping this draft. Perhaps waiting a month or two and then trying again may result in a larger turnout.

I think its great that Wrestlingfan has taken this draft over and really tried to make a go of it. Although I think we have officially drafted ourselves out. Unless we do like a '75 verse draft I'd have to say the drafting needs to be done for a good six months or more. People are drafted out with what three maybe four drafts in the last six months? When Sab dropped his draft a good six months ago or whatever it was people were falling over themselves to get in it. I've never seen a draft have this much trouble getting guys to sign up not too mention the inevitable drop outs after it gets started hopefully this thing goes off without a hitch though.

I'm interested in getting involved but a bit worried as come the first of september I won't be available for a week + so wouldn't be able to get involved during that time. I don't really want to mess this up by signing up and then dropping out so any idea of the kind of timescales this would run over would be appreciated, doesn't have to be exact, just a rough approximation would be good enough for me.

I'm interested in getting involved but a bit worried as come the first of september I won't be available for a week + so wouldn't be able to get involved during that time. I don't really want to mess this up by signing up and then dropping out so any idea of the kind of timescales this would run over would be appreciated, doesn't have to be exact, just a rough approximation would be good enough for me.

If you won't be around then you can just leave a list of people you want to pick with one of the other players. And failing that, once you have missed a few picks you will automatically be skipped so you won't hold anything up at all. :)

As Derek said, no one actually needs to be around every time their pick comes up - in fact it would be nearly impossible to pull that off. Drafts take quite a while to complete, typically a month or so. Since everyone is given two hours to make their pick, and it's safe to assume that some aren't going to be on exactly when their pick comes up or at all during their two hour window, a round can technically last 2 hours times the number of drafters - which normally means a day and a half to two days. Now it normally won't take that long for a round, as some people will be on, others will have provided lists to someone who is on, and others will have stated that they can be skipped if their turn comes up when they know they won't be on. If you miss one of your picks, you simply go ahead and make it up the next time you are on. No one really holds up a draft - some people just get impatient.

And now the real reason for my post, the information for my fed:

Basic Sign Up Sheet

Promotion Name: Kyokujitsu Puroresu

Promotion Short Name: KP

Promotion Home Region: Hokkaido, Japan

Drug Policy: Low

Regular Promotion OR Touring Promotion: Touring

IF Touring, during which months?: February, March, April, June, July, October, November, December

IF Touring, how many shows per week?: 2

PRODUCT

Product-

Name:

AI for Events: 1v1=75, 2v2=18 , 3v3=5 , Triangle=1 , Four Way=1 , Match Ratio=100

AI for TV: 1v1=75 , 2v2=20 , 3v3=5 , Triagle=0 , Four Way=0 , Match Ratio=90

Expected Match Lengths (Events): Minor=12 , Medium=18 , Major=25

Expected Match Lengths (TV): Minor=8 , Medium=15 , Major=20

Product Appeal:

Traditional = Heavy

Mainstream = Low

Comedy = None

Cult = None

Risque = None

Modern = Medium

Realism = Heavy

Hyper Realism = Very Low

Hardcore = None

Lucha Libre = None

Pure = Heavy

Daredevil = Low

Match Intensity: 85%

Match Danger: 40%

T&A Levels: None

Face/Heel Divide: None

This may change based on how the draft goes, but at least it is a start.

As Derek said, no one actually needs to be around every time their pick comes up - in fact it would be nearly impossible to pull that off. Drafts take quite a while to complete, typically a month or so. Since everyone is given two hours to make their pick, and it's safe to assume that some aren't going to be on exactly when their pick comes up or at all during their two hour window, a round can technically last 2 hours times the number of drafters - which normally means a day and a half to two days. Now it normally won't take that long for a round, as some people will be on, others will have provided lists to someone who is on, and others will have stated that they can be skipped if their turn comes up when they know they won't be on. If you miss one of your picks, you simply go ahead and make it up the next time you are on. No one really holds up a draft - some people just get impatient.

And now the real reason for my post, the information for my fed:

Basic Sign Up Sheet

Promotion Name: Kyokujitsu Puroresu

Promotion Short Name: KP

Promotion Home Region: Hokkaido, Japan

Drug Policy: Low

Regular Promotion OR Touring Promotion: Touring

IF Touring, during which months?: February, March, April, June, July, October, November, December

IF Touring, how many shows per week?: 2

PRODUCT

Product-

Name:

AI for Events: 1v1=75, 2v2=18 , 3v3=5 , Triangle=1 , Four Way=1 , Match Ratio=100

AI for TV: 1v1=75 , 2v2=20 , 3v3=5 , Triagle=0 , Four Way=0 , Match Ratio=90

Expected Match Lengths (Events): Minor=12 , Medium=18 , Major=25

Expected Match Lengths (TV): Minor=8 , Medium=15 , Major=20

Product Appeal:

Traditional = Heavy

Mainstream = Low

Comedy = None

Cult = None

Risque = None

Modern = Medium

Realism = Heavy

Hyper Realism = Very Low

Hardcore = None

Lucha Libre = None

Pure = Heavy

Daredevil = Low

Match Intensity: 85%

Match Danger: 40%

T&A Levels: None

Face/Heel Divide: None

This may change based on how the draft goes, but at least it is a start.

ok your in the data base sorry I couldn't get to this sooner I'm not around that often on the weekends as family and work take up most of my time. I've been in the process of backing up all of my data since I just found out my laptop is in need of serious repair (Don't buy HP) so I will be sans pc and internet for about 2 business weeks. Probably monday of next week I will be shipping my pc out. I'll still check in as often as I can. The down side is it will push any possible start date back to around end of august early september. Maybe by then we'll be able to fill out the draft a little more. I can post the data and pm my list to someone incase everyone is willing or wanting to start before I can comeback.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived