Turned off antivirus, still can't install BBCF

Hi guys

I had to reformat my hard drive recently, and today decided to reinstall BBCF. The installation freezes at 81% at some font or another. I have Win XP.

I reluctantly turned off my antivirus software and a 'Compaq connection' program that was running, but the BBCF installation still freezes at 81%.

My computer has quite a few 'processes' that are running, and I'm afraid to turn them off because I don't know what they are and don't know what will happen if I turn them off.

I hope future versions of this game will not require workarounds just to be installed. I enjoyed BBCF in the past and I wish I could play it again.

<p>Hi Scott</p><p> </p><p>

No, I don't even have Microsoft Office installed, and I don't have any kind of IM software running as far as I know. </p><p> </p><p>

I was able to install and play the game before on this computer. The only differences between then and now are 1] that I had to reformat the hard drive, and also, 2] my ISP has changed the antivirus software they supply from Norton to McAfee. </p><p> </p><p>

But yesterday I disabled all of the McAfee protections [and received dire warnings for doing so] and even then the installation hung at 81%, during the installation of one of the fonts. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm sad because I enjoyed the game. It's that time of year again and I really want to play out my college football fantasies on my computer. </p><p> </p><p>

It's disappointing to have no PC football management sim at all with which to satisfy my craving. I don't play FoF because it's just too darned ugly. </p><p> </p><p>

It's disappointing also because so far this is the only sports management game I've had this problem with. I reinstalled two versions of OOTP Baseball with no trouble. There's a college basketball management sim I play but have not yet reinstalled. I hope that will be OK. I hope FM will reinstall.</p>

Archived