Forced changes

OH dear. I am playing a new game with the 2003 mod with WWE and I am getting really into it. Kurt Angle is still my SD! champion and I have just planned out a program which culminates in Kurt vs Brock Lesnar at 'Mania. Brock is in a stable with Big Show and A-Train, so the plan was to have Big Show weaken Kurt and to have a mini-feud between them leading into the Brock feud.

So, I got done with all the planning and put on a show in which Kurt and Big Show had their first match (No DQ) and it all goes well and gets pretty good ratings. Next day though I get a message saying that Big Show is injured, so I check the medical section and he will be out for 5months and 3weeks and can not be operated on.

I now have to drastically rethink my plans and it may result in Brock not getting the Mania match as I am struggling to think of a way to slow build the feud. On the plus side, this could result in a Matt Hardy Mania main event which isn't a bad thing.

Also, I can't use A-Train in the Big Show role because he just doesn't have the qualities or pop needed.

So, that is me being forced to make changes - which I am actually quite enjoying, gives more of a challenge - what are your experiences of forced changes?

Kane is already involved in an ongoing feud and wouldn't work in the time period. He is face at the moment so would need a turn. Also, Big Show's involvement was purely for the fact that he was already aligned with Brock. Building to that point of the story would take too much.

I did consider this, but the only story I could think of to make it work would rely too much on Brock's personality and he doesn't have the right gimmick or comedy skills to pull it off.

I just had a nice storyline going where Hulk Hogan left the nWo and was fueding with former members AJ Styles and Shelton Benjamin for the Intercontential Champoinship (Hogan brought in Bulldozer Brandon to help). For the fifth week in a row, Hogan had backstage problems, causing a fight with Vince this time. I had already given him his final warning so I fired the cancerous bastard. It pained me to do it, but it made the locker room a much better place. And I took a hit at the Summer Slam PPV as the triple threat match didn't take place between Hogan, AJ, and Shelton and I had to put the strap on Bulldozer to make a decent match. But in the end it was worth it... no more locker room cancers.

You could have Big Show take the role of GM (like the role that Kurt took on). Show and Angle keep interacting with Show throwing a number of obstacles in Kurt's direction. Maybe get in a few of his old pals for one off appearances.

I think the trick is that you need to find a reason why Lesnar wouldn't want to go after Kurt and his title. If you do that then holding off on the dream Wrestlemania event shouldn't be too hard.

Maybe Brock gets a shot early on but it's not a singles match, more a 4 way. One of the participants costs Brock the win. Brock gets angry and sets about trying to destroy that individual. Once this is accomplished he regains his focus on Angle. It only has to be a brief feud so it doesn't need a lot of depth.

I think I have figured out my next move so that I can keep the dream match at Mania.

Brock is pissed that Kurt injured Big Show so he goes for all out revenge, attacking at every opportunity, interrupting matches, etc. At to this the fact that Brock takes on the attitude that with or without the belt he is better than everyone else so Kurt has to earn the right to fight him and it gets to the point where the roles are reversed and rather than the contender chasing the champ, the champ is chasing the contender and he has to jump through hoops to get the match.

This way I can bring in a number of people for Brock to put in the way, thus extending the feud without it getting stale before they meet at Mania.

Bare in mind that I am WWE in 2003 so can pretty much bring in anyone I want, can you give a few ideas of who I could bring in as hurdles.

In the mean time I will try and build A-Train so that he will be the last hurdle.

So, so far I have (not necessarily in this order):

1. Worlds Greatest Tag Team (Are heels and Kurt is face so can easily get a story out of this with their history as well as Brock and Shelton's history)

2. Finlay (this will be his return to the ring)

3. Mark Henry (Brock strikes a deal with Mark Henry that he will get the first title shot when he gets the title)

4. La Resistance (Sylvain, Rene and Rob Conway - USA vs France type thing for a short story)

5. A-Train

P.S. Can't use Big Show in GM role as injury won't allow any participation (inc. angles)

Archived