PSW tip thread

Well, since there are a few others........I have been trying psw and am bombing big time. I was thinking book them like ecw......hardcore matches all the time with a few brawl and high spot matches but i keep getting bad grades. Is it because they are rated more on popularity? Any tips on how to get them over?

It depends on your play style. If you don't mind somewhat stacking the deck in your favor, then the first thing you must do is to sign a non agressive pact with SWF to keep Steven Parker. Also a working agreement with TCW can help out nicely in the beginning stages, but you have to be careful not to overuse this as it will be difficult to afford most of their roster.

Run a 2 hour ppv and a 1 hour weekly show everymonth, if you use internet coverage or whatever its called rather than the dvd option you should be able to work in a new region by month 2, with the first all being held in the Tri-State region. Sign on a few people to help flesh out your roster.

You should add in a few entertainment based angles, even if its something as simple as a match hyping interview. Johnny Martin is usually good for this.

More to follow

a ppv deal and a tv deal for psw? It would seam that the cost would kill me. I am running one show a month and only making a little bit of money. I could not see any ppv company giving me any of the money at first same with a tv company.

a ppv deal and a tv deal for psw? It would seam that the cost would kill me. I am running one show a month and only making a little bit of money. I could not see any ppv company giving me any of the money at first same with a tv company.

let me explain my meaning by PPV I mean 1 "big event" a PPV without the bonus of being shown on tv. and a weekly show doesn't have to be aired on tv either, thats why you would want to use the internet exposure. *

also before starting this process raise all ticket prices by $4, i believe that is the maximum amount before attendance drops.

try and mix up the hardcore matches. for example don't use just hardcore. there are plenty of options to use. also make sure they don't have the same order every show. ex: table, hardcore, first blood; table, hardcore first blood; etc.

since you're home region is Tri State search for worker that have a decent enough popularity in that region to help possibly boost ratings/attendance while not costing you an arm and a leg to get that boost.

try to avoid travel expenses at all costs with new workers also, as this has killed my company many times.

when putting on a show outside the tri state region read what type of fans are there. In other words just because you're a hardcore fed, not everyplace you visit will be so receptive to the hardcore matches, don't be afraid to mix in some standard matches when in these regions.

pay attention to road agent notes: off the top of my head brimstone and tank bradley are hated a lot by the fans. Either dump them or use sparingly against people that have potential to increase their stats.

*: this will increase wrestlers popularity across the board even instead of just the region you hold the show in. that way when you are ready to branch out to the other regions your wrestlers are slightly more popular there already and will slightly increase attendance.

EDIT: Some prefer to use the dvd exposure for increase in income but I always used the internet option. As it seemed to help in the long run with PSW. Also if you would rather stick to one show a month as that has worked in the past for me as well, not as well as the 4 weekly shows and 1 big event I mentioned above but instead of the following month around month 4 or 5 you should be able to hold a show in a new region and get numbers similar to your first or second show.

Archived