Hitting a wall with number of superstars

I am running a high level national company that I started from scratch. It is based out of Canada (low level regional rating in US) and the year is 2002.

Things were rolling along smoothly when I was high level regional and low level national, as I had a number of stars able to headline main events.

Now I pretty much am unable to put together a satisfactory main event, as most of my star figthers are still just hovering around low low national or mid level national.

I have been looking more actively to hire new guys, but it also seems kind of cheesy to just hire new fighters and already throw them in main events before they event fight in my promotion once.

Am I just doomed to put on bad main events for a while until either my promotion's reputation drops or my fighter's name value increases?

What is the best way around this and the best way to get some of my figthers back to the top level where they are able to headline major shows again?

Any insight or strategy would be appreciated.

What are the best ways to increase a fighter's name value?

Having him beat people with higher name value?

The simple act of him fighting in cards for promotions that have higher name value than his?

Anything else?

Absolutely best way to make fighters famous is to enter them in 8 man tournaments that you know they can win, especially if you make matches so you're pretty sure they will face guys with good reputations. This is extremely helpful in building low-level guys with good skills into viable superstars - except, of course, for the fact that you're gonna be feeding all the tournament losers to him, but if they suck anyway, it's an acceptable sacrifice.

Absolutely best way to make fighters famous is to enter them in 8 man tournaments that you know they can win, especially if you make matches so you're pretty sure they will face guys with good reputations. This is extremely helpful in building low-level guys with good skills into viable superstars - except, of course, for the fact that you're gonna be feeding all the tournament losers to him, but if they suck anyway, it's an acceptable sacrifice.

That is the best way, but I have to caution you about doing this. The one problem you may run into, after doing this, is making you fighter to popular. This happened to me with Evan Pizzarro. His contract ended the match after he was in the tournament and the dude held me up. He wanted a lot of money (I can not remember the exact amount) and I had to give it to him because he was one of the most popular fighters in his division at that time.

Archived