TNA Impact 10-22-09 (spoiler alert)

Johnny Fenoli

I loved the Desmond Wolfe "debut". It was the little things I enjoyed with the thing with his sunglasses and than later with folding his sport jacket before continuing his beat down on Angle. I find myself really excited for his character and where things go from here with him.

Yeah, I like the character too. Kind of got a Jason Statham in Transporter vibe to him; or a cool calm assassin type. Hope he gets the rub he needs and turns to a big time player soon.

One thing that kinda bothers me with TNA, is the constant turns. Is it just me, or are there too many face/heel turns on this show?

And that cage match. I know it's common to stick those on mainline TV these days. But man oh man that's always annoyed me. You're throwing your heritage away for no good reason when you do that. If it's not at least Saturday Night's Main Event or The Clash of The Champions you shouldn't be doing a cage match.

I don't have a problem with a cage match on a regular show...provided you actually take the time to build it up. Which, from all accounts, didn't happen here.

Haven't watched Impact in months, but saw the Nigel/Desmond debut on Youtube. Extremely well done. I may actually start tuning into the show again, because I am very intrigued to see where they go with this.

I enjoyed the show alot.....but don't know if it was a full on face turn for angle or not........I mean, why would they do that? He is the top heel in the company right now. Who is going to take his place? Joe.......nash......steiner? no thank you........if wolfe *yes i will call him that no matter how much it pains me* is going to come in as the top heel it would surprise the hell out of me.

I thought the x match was very good......it had the length it needed and while it was not the best one it was still good. I think having red loose *even a "dirty* losse* was tarible booking.......the underdog champion gimmick never turns out well and just makes the person look weak.

I don't even get why he has the title at all. Sure he gets a good crowd reaction and can do some cool moves but I never saw him as more then as a sympathy jobber. But that is just my personal taste. I would rather Homicide have it and then feud with Suicide and "The Pope".

As far as main event heels go we will see how things pan out. Still Wolfe, Daniels and Joe would make a good threesome with Angle and Morgan as tweeners and Lashley, AJ and Hernandez as faces.

BTW good promo by Rhino dude is much better as a heel.

I don't even get why he has the title at all sure he gets a good crowd reaction and can do some cool moves but I never saw him more then as a sympathy jobber. But that is just my personal taste. I would rather Homicide have it and then feud with Suicide and "The Pope".

As far as main event heels go we will see how things pan out. Still Wolfe, Daniels and Joe would make a good threesome with Angle and Morgan as tweeners and Lashley, AJ and Hernandez as faces.

BTW good promo by Rhino dude is much better as a heel.

I totally agree with Rhino being better as a heel. He has the wrong look to be a good guy imo. Plus his intensity on his promos seem to work better when he's a bad guy.

Oh, and I'm a big fan of Red and I'm happy he's champ. But I agree the booking on Impact with him losing does make him look a bit weak. It was a solid match however between the two. Given some more time on a PPV maybe they could potenially have a show stealing match.

O don't get me wrong.....for a spot monkey red is actully pretty good. I am just not a spot monkey fan my self. It is the same reason i don't tolly get behind the x devision.........they have some good workers *mcmg when they want to be* are great examples of two guys that can work but also can get good spots in. But look at a guy like suicide......all he is about is the next o my god moment......yah, it is cool to watch but it is also a little much at times. Look at every x match...there is always one point where all the guys climb the ropes....they all take forever setting up the move and it really brings down the pacing......i think if it takes thrity seconds to get a spot in it is to long

I just remembered something from tna history.........Bear money acording to tna rules should have been awarded the championship. In tna *as far as i know they never anounced a rule change* the titles can change on a dq victory.........case in point abyss becoming world champion over sting when he won via dq.....

Looking at TNA World Heavyweight Title history.

Kurt Angle wins it on May 13, 2007 in a three-way involving the last NWA World Heavyweight Champion on TNA, Christian Cage and Sting. However, the match ended in controversy. On May 14, 2007, the belt was vacated. On June 17, 2007, Kurt Angle wins the King of the Mountain match and will hold onto the belt with a respectful title reign. Sting would regain it at BFG and lose it two days after to Kurt Angle.

Finally watched the tag team Ultimate X (having trouble finding the full show, not that I'm trying too hard) and... It was alright. I like big wacky spots, but nowadays whenever I watch these X-Division guys do stuff I just start thinking they could get so much more reaction out of so much less. They do really, really cool moves that look like the victim gets destroyed, but 10 seconds later the victim is up, doing moves, and winning. It takes away a huge piece of "will he get up in time?" drama. There were no painstaking crawls towards the X like you get in the closing stages of a ladder match. There wasn't even a satisfying finish. It was just a case of taking it in turns to do moves, or climb, or pull someone down, and eventually someone will get the X.

Don't get me wrong, that's pretty fun, and I'll give MCMG and Lethal Consequences credit for not taking any ridiculous bumps for a little TV match, but these matches feel a little hollow to me now. Maybe it was the face vs face thing. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Archived