C-Verse draft Official Sign Up

TEW 2008: THE LAST DRAFT

A few months back I attempted to join one that fell a part and general consensus was that everyone was just burnt out and to give it a go in a few months. So here we are some time later and I figure I'll give it a go again. The draft will take place in 2009 which means anybody on Hiatus or set to debut in 2008 will be available for selection. Now for the rules:

All promotions will be starting at 70 popularity in home region, 50 popularity in the rest of the promotion's home country.

Promotions will also start with 50 prestige and $1,000,000 in the bank.

35 Rounds, serpentine draft. Meaning the last person to pick in the first round will pick first in the second round.

1. Use http://www.random.org/sform.html to assign a random order for promotions picking.

2. Once a pick is made, the next person has 2 hours to make his selection. We will use time stamps on the posts.

3. Once the two hour time period elapses, and the next in line does not draft, then whoever is next in line can jump in and select. When you make your selection you are going to be required to copy and paste the draft board in your thread while making your post bold to stand out.

4. If someone is skipped for missing a selection, they can make their selection at anytime.

5. If you have been skipped three times then you will be automatically skipped for any future picks. Furthermore, I will begin looking for a replacement for you if this happens in order to ensure that the game keeps moving forward and the replacement does not lose out on potential picks.

6. If you submit a list to me or anyone else who is participating, ranking wrestlers, and you are not online to make your pick, I will take the first person from that list who has not been selected for your pick (Granted that I am online to do so). Others may be able to fill this role as needed.

7. The first 10 rounds of workers selected will be on a set to written contracts. The remaining picks will be available on non-exclusive PPA contracts, to other promotions to draft. Any promotion choosing to draft a worker to 2 PPA contracts will get that worker on an exclusive PPA deal, assuming that no-one else has drafted them yet. Drafting a worker to 3 PPA contracts with the same promotion will turn the contract into a written contract. If three different promotions select a worker then the worker can no longer be picked by any other promotions.

8. Staff will count as part of your 35 draft picks. You can choose to sign in your first ten and have them exclusively or wait to share them. It is not required to draft staff (ie Referee's, Anoucners, Managers, Road Agents, Colour Commentators, Personalities) but is encouraged to at least get the minimum so the game is playable right away.

9. Trades are allowed and actively encouraged. All workers, staff and boxes are available to be traded in any way you see fit. Trades will not be completed unless all players involved have confirmed the trade to me, and if there is any doubt then my word is final.

The best method would be via PM although the forum would be fine too. Once a trade is confirmed by both sides then it is final and cannot be undone.

10. In this draft you can pick workers from any area to join your promotion. Worker restrictions will be turned OFF.

11. Default Owners and Head Bookers from each promotion will be assigned by you from the roster of workers you have drafted.

12. Changing a worker's active roles. As we are advancing the game by 1 year with whatever ideas we have, I will be allowing each player the chance to change 1 retired wrestler OR 1 on hiatus wrestler OR 1 left the business wrestler each, back into an active worker. Their stats will not be changed however, only their preferred role and wrestling style. EDIT: This ability can be traded if you wish to do so.

13. All the contract information is being set to the following guidelines:

- Random Expiry date

- Alignment set to default, whatever the worker is better at.

- Gimmick set to databse default to match alignment.

- Gimmick rating of B

- Momentum set to random

This is pretty much what the default Cornellverse has for all it's workers too, so I can't imagine there will be any problems with that. If anyone wants (for whatever reason) to add Creative Control into any of their contracts, then you can. Though I can't imagine why you'd want to.

14. You can select anyone you have drafted to be your owner/booker when the time comes, but a person can only own one promotion in the game and book one promotion in the game (1 of each). So if you haven't drafted your owner/booker to a written deal then when you draft them to a PPA deal you should probably announce that you are making them your owner/booker in order to avoid them being stolen from under you. First come, first served is the policy here.

15. All title will begin with a default prestige level appropriate to their level. Main event titles will be set to 80 prestige, all midcard titles will be set to 50 prestige and all low level titles will be set to 20 prestige.

16. All events will be set to have a default event importance of "normal". All promotions are entitled to elevate the prestige of any 1 events by two levels (up to Highly Regarded) or any 2 events up by one level (up to Above Average). This can't be traded to other promotions.

As I've stated before I have no clue what mystery boxes are or how to run them. I welcome them into the draft as long as someone is willing to run them.

Almost forgot the region limits:

US: RGE - wrestlingfan#1

US: - Kobe1724

US: WILD - Sean McFly

US: CWA - Supershot

US:

CA: TTWL - Jaded

CA: - Stennick

ME:

ME:

ME:

UK: Super UK - The Masked Orange

UK:

JA: DCW - Alec Burkhardt

JA: JPEW - Huntman

JA:

JA:

JA:

EU:

AU:

Basic Sign Up Sheet

Promotion Name:

Promotion Short Name:

Promotion Home Region: (eg: Mid South, USA)

Drug Policy:

Regular Promotion OR Touring Promotion:

IF Touring, during which months?:

IF Touring, how many shows per week?:

PRODUCT

Product-

Name:

AI for Events: 1v1= , 2v2= , 3v3= , Triagle= , Four Way= , Match Ratio=

AI for TV: 1v1= , 2v2= , 3v3= , Triagle= , Four Way= , Match Ratio=

Expected Match Lengths (Events): Minor= , Medium= , Major=

Expected Match Lengths (TV): Minor= , Medium= , Major=

Product Appeal:

Traditional =

Mainstream =

Comedy =

Cult =

Risque =

Modern =

Realism =

Hyper Realism =

Hardcore =

Lucha Libre =

Pure =

Daredevil =

Match Intensity:

Match Danger:

Womens Wrestling:

T&A Levels:

Face/Heel Divide:

A blank sign up sheet for your fed info.

Promotion Name: Return to the Golden Era

Promotion Short Name: RGE

Promotion Home Region: (eg: Mid South, USA) Northwest, USA

Drug Policy: Low

Regular Promotion OR Touring Promotion: Regular

IF Touring, during which months?:

IF Touring, how many shows per week?:

PRODUCT

Product-

Name: Traditions Never Die

AI for Events: 1v1= 50% , 2v2= 45% , 3v3= 1% , Triagle= 2% , Four Way= 2% , Match Ratio= 90%

AI for TV: 1v1= 50% , 2v2= 45%, 3v3= 1%, Triagle= 2%, Four Way= 2%, Match Ratio= 90%

Expected Match Lengths (Events): Minor= 10, Medium= 14, Major= 20

Expected Match Lengths (TV): Minor= 7, Medium= 11, Major= 18

Product Appeal:

Traditional = Heavy

Mainstream = Low

Comedy = None

Cult = Medium

Risque = None

Modern = None

Realism = None

Hyper Realism = None

Hardcore = Medium

Lucha Libre = Low

Pure = Key Feature

Daredevil = None

Match Intensity: 80%

Match Danger: 50%

Womens Wrestling: None

T&A Levels: None

Face/Heel Divide: Strong

I'm in, and this time I'm not volunteering to go where ever there are holes at the end. :D

For now, just pencil me in for a Japanese fed. I'll fill in the details over the weekend.

EDIT:

Promotion Name: Dragon Cage Wrestling

Promotion Short Name: DCW

Promotion Home Region: Kinki, Japan

Drug Policy: Low

Regular Promotion OR Touring Promotion: Touring

IF Touring, during which months?: February, March, April, June, July, October, November, December

IF Touring, how many shows per week?: 2

PRODUCT

Product-

Name: Dragon

AI for Events: 1v1= 75% , 2v2= 18% , 3v3= 5% , Triagle= 1% , Four Way= 1% , Match Ratio= 100%

AI for TV: 1v1= 75% , 2v2= 20%, 3v3= 5%, Triagle= 0%, Four Way= 0%, Match Ratio= 90%

Expected Match Lengths (Events): Minor= 12, Medium= 18, Major= 25

Expected Match Lengths (TV): Minor= 8, Medium= 15, Major= 20

Product Appeal:

Traditional = Heavy

Mainstream = Low

Comedy = None

Cult = None

Risque = None

Modern = Medium

Realism = Heavy

Hyper Realism = Very Low

Hardcore = None

Lucha Libre = None

Pure = Heavy

Daredevil = Low

Match Intensity: 85%

Match Danger: 30%

Face/Heel Divide: None

I likely will make some adjustments based on how the draft goes, but that's the starting point.

Basic Sign Up Sheet

Promotion Name: Japan Professional Extreme Wrestling

Promotion Short Name: JPEW

Promotion Home Region: Kanto, Japan

Drug Policy: None

Regular Promotion OR Touring Promotion: Touring

IF Touring, during which months?: March, April, May, July, August, December.

IF Touring, how many shows per week?: 1

PRODUCT

Product-

Name: Pure Extreme

AI for Events: 1v1= 70%, 2v2= 20%, 3v3= 5%, Triagle= 2%, Four Way= 3%, Match Ratio= 90%

AI for TV: 1v1= 70%, 2v2= 20%, 3v3= 5%, Triagle= 2%, Four Way= 3%, Match Ratio= 80%

Expected Match Lengths (Events): Minor= 6, Medium= 13, Major= 20

Expected Match Lengths (TV): Minor= 5, Medium= 10, Major= 19

Product Appeal:

Traditional = None

Mainstream = None

Comedy = None

Cult = Medium

Risque = High

Modern = Very Low

Realism = Low

Hyper Realism = None

Hardcore = Key Feature

Lucha Libre = Heavy

Pure = Medium

Daredevil = Heavy

Match Intensity: 75%

Match Danger: 60%

Face/Heel Divide: Strong

Perhaps. I would normally be in but I've got 2010 stuff to do and a really busy schedule coming for work as we head towards Xmas. Just seems like I wouldn't be able to dedicate time to this ahead of other things I want to do so I've avoided signing up. It's a shame no-one else seems to want to though, drafts are always fun.

Perhaps. I would normally be in but I've got 2010 stuff to do and a really busy schedule coming for work as we head towards Xmas. Just seems like I wouldn't be able to dedicate time to this ahead of other things I want to do so I've avoided signing up. It's a shame no-one else seems to want to though, drafts are always fun.

so i've heard...:(

I'm up for it.

Why not, I'm crazy aren't I?

Give me some time to make a company, just know this, it'll be in the UK.

Also, suggestion, if you want this thing to move along faster, cut down some of the spaces, if we need to fill all of them up, people go "I'll have to wait ages for the game to come around" if there are 5 spaces left "OMG I don't have enough time, now now now!"

I'd cut down spaces in Europe, Ozstralia and UK to 1, and only have them expanded upon request, drop Canada to 2 and reduce USA and Japan to 4/5.

Ideas though...

OK, for me this is one last hoorah to the 2008 C-Verse, and should be treated accordingly.

I'm going full bananas on this one, time to get chunky!

Promotion Name: Super UK (props to Sean McFly for the logo, it's ace!) http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr12/TheMaskedOrange/SUPERUK.jpghttp://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr12/TheMaskedOrange/SUPERUK-1.jpg

Promotion Short Name: Super UK

Promotion Home Region: South, England

Drug Policy: Low Level

PRODUCT

Product-

Name: Super Style!

AI for Events: 1v1=80% , 2v2=0 , 3v3=0 , Triagle=15% , Four Way=5% , Match Ratio=80%

AI for TV: same as above

Expected Match Lengths (Events): Minor=10 , Medium=15 , Major=22

Expected Match Lengths (TV): Minor=8 , Medium=13 , Major=22

Product Appeal:

Traditional =Key

Mainstream =Heavy

Comedy =Low

Cult =Very Low

Risque =none

Modern =heavy

Realism =heavy

Hyper Realism =very low

Hardcore =low

Lucha Libre =none

Pure =low

Daredevil =none

Match Intensity:40

Match Danger:60

Womens Wrestling:none

T&A Levels:low

Face/Heel Divide:none

Maybe we should rename the draft "TEW2008:The Final Draft"

While I expect the announcement of TEW10 may put some off of doing a draft now, and I hope sign-ups will pick up, if sign-ups do stay at a low number, there are a couple of ways to still do a draft. Back in '04 I did a draft where each person drafted a Major (I think Cult) and Minor (Small?) company, which was a little more complicated, but worked out alright with only 12 people drafting. Another option would be to limit the number of times a worker can be selected to a PPA contract to either 2 or 1; this would ensure that more workers are drafted. I'm sure other ideas could be discussed as well.

I'm Down sign me up

Any idea where you want to sign up, at least as a place holder if nothing else?

While I expect the announcement of TEW10 may put some off of doing a draft now, and I hope sign-ups will pick up, if sign-ups do stay at a low number, there are a couple of ways to still do a draft. Back in '04 I did a draft where each person drafted a Major (I think Cult) and Minor (Small?) company, which was a little more complicated, but worked out alright with only 12 people drafting. Another option would be to limit the number of times a worker can be selected to a PPA contract to either 2 or 1; this would ensure that more workers are drafted. I'm sure other ideas could be discussed as well.

that sounds like a good idea if we get a decent amount of people to sign up then i'll go with two if not then it'll be one.

I'll do boxes if Kobe reminds me how to randomise them.

But I'm not doing the spreadsheet, sorry dawg but that was effort and a half, maybe if we each were forced to put down the listings for our own companies (or face the consequences!) then it's be workable.

And with boxes, there'd be far less, making them more of a commodity, but with less effect, I'll think of something to make them desireable but not entirely game changing...

I'll do boxes if Kobe reminds me how to randomise them.

But I'm not doing the database, sorry dawg but that was effort and a half, maybe if we each were forced to put down the listings for our own companies (or face the consequences!) then it's be workable.

And with boxes, there'd be far less, making them more of a commodity, but with less effect, I'll think of something to make them desireable but not entirely game changing...

I'll be handling the database so that part is covered. I'm fine with however the mystery boxes are ran by whomever takes them on.

Good to have some rivalry, Stennick. :)

Promotion Name: Tag Team Wrestling League

Promotion Short Name: TTWL

Promotion Home Region: (eg: Mid South, USA) British Columbia, Canada

Drug Policy: None

PRODUCT

Product-

Name: Tag Team Wrestling

AI for Events: 1v1= 10 , 2v2= 70 , 3v3= 20 , Triagle= 0 , Four Way= 0, Match Ratio= 80

AI for TV: 1v1= 10 , 2v2= 70 , 3v3= 20 , Triagle= 0 , Four Way= 0, Match Ratio= 80

Expected Match Lengths (Events): Minor=12 , Medium=20 , Major=30

Expected Match Lengths (TV): Minor=9 , Medium= 15 , Major= 24

Product Appeal:

Traditional = Key

Mainstream = Medium

Comedy = Very Low

Cult = None

Risque = None

Modern = Medium

Realism = Medium

Hyper Realism = None

Hardcore = None