What's your best storyline?

What do you feel was your biggest/best/ most influential storyline either in a diary or private game? The one you feel most proud of or had the biggest payoff for you?

For me , without doubt it has to be the "Who Kidnapped Hotstuff Marie?" storyline from my CGC diary. Not only did the segments get strong ratings for months, but it built big momentum for the main stars and catapulted both Larry Wood and Hotstuff Marie from D pop to B pop in a matter of a few months.

Aside from the obvious there were hidden payoffs that showed up later in that game. It was a talent trade that got Joey Minnesota and Tyson Baine available for that storyline, and the people used to trade were Trent Shaffer and Steve DeColt. That talent trade and working agreement led to both of them eventually getting contracts with TCW and both becoming a TCW World Champion within the next two years.

Ahh funny things. If what I would've continued my WWF diary then, I simmed through the end of 1996 and suddenly got Sting to sign to the WWF and feud with HBK in a face vs. face match. Tension built up with these two. Bret Hart comes in after his feud with both Diesel & Ramon and since his hatred of HBK starts to grow, match was settled at Survivor Series where HBK faced Sting & Bret for HBK's WWF Championship and it seemed that Michaels retained after Diesel and Ramon intervened in that match and at the fall out of Survivor Series 1996, The Kliq was not just a backstage group anymore, it became a national powerful stable that took over the WWF.

Moving back to C-verse, FCW where Gonzalez and Puerto Rican Power completely dominated the main event for the year of 2008 and at the start of 2009, Shawn Gonzalez ends his feud with the Kings of Street and Carl Batch but at that same event, he turns on the Power and joins the King of Streets, making himself the leader of the group. Got that main event some big money and putting the belt on Gonzalez got me almost to regional and half way to cult after putting the belt on Davis Wayne Newton at year 2012 when he rose to main event in three years.

My biggest one ever was in USPW and unfolded over the course of about a year. James Justice had just won the World Title off of Peter Valentine. Over the course of the next year, Nicky Champion and Des Davids were both elevated to Main Event status, and Elmo Benson (as Benny Crane) and Enygma (as Ryddle) debuted, creating an all new main event in USPW. James Justice emerged as the face of USPW and welcomed the new workers in with open arms, expressing a desire to rid USPW of the scourge that is Shane Sneer's SneerCorp. However, over the next few months, he stopped dressing so hippie, and began to develop a darker, more biker inspired image, and cut some tweenerish promos on how much he hated that Nicky Champion felt it necessary to march around in Native American garb, Benny Crane promoted illicit activities, and Ryddle lurked in the shadows. Still he, remained a face. The former face Shawn Gonzalez turned heel by aligning himself with Shane Sneer's SneerCorp (featuring Peter Valentine and Jumbo Jackson), and after 5 months of stable warfare vs. the super-face James Justice and his allies Nicky Champion and Benny Crane, Shawn Gonzalez was able to win the USPW championship off of Justice at my first B rated show.

The next week on TV, the main event featured Shawn Gonzalez v. Nicky Champion, and all hell broke loose when Avalanche, Peter Valentine, and Rudy Velasquez hit the ring to attack Nicky...Ryddle and Benny hit the ring to try and make the save, but they were stopped by mega-heel Darryl Devine, who had a ton of bad blood with Benny Crane and Ryddle for pushing him out of the limelight. The beatdown of Nicky continued, until James Justice hit the ring holding a steel chair. Shockingly, he clobbered Nicky with it, and hit him with the liberation slam, the the chagrin of the audience. James and Shawn then celebrated together.

James explained his actions by claiming he has grown tired of standing up for "Liberty and Justice" when it's gotten him no where...and that Shawn Gonzalez inspired him, and showed him that you have to step on some toes to get anywhere in the wrestling industry, and he has decided to rid USPW of any competition to he and Shawn, the two marquee talents in USPW...

I have had a few but the most recent one was with Bruce the Giant and James Justice. James didn't want to wrestle Bruce because they were friends and as a result James was defending the title against people beneath Bruce who had only one lost on his record. Well after Joss Thompson received a title shot over him Bruce began to cut a series of promos each a little bit more heelish then the other.

Bruce was scheduled to tag with James Justice for a TV Main Event against Joss Thompson and Primus Allen but Bruce never showed up. So the next week Bruce comes out to cut a promo but this time it was focused on the World Title. James comes out to confront him and Bruce asks him again why does everyone gets a title shot but him.

James said he wants to get rid of the MAFIA stable and then he will battle Bruce. Bruce then replies coldly "But what about me?" and then he proceeds to destroy James Justice. Bruce then demands a shot at the title to which Sam Strong says he has to defeat Jumbo Jackson in the TV Main Event.

Bruce destroys Jumbo and earns his shot at the World Title. Bruce would go on to win the title at the PPV. The storyline was rated A* eventually James Justice would win the title back but Bruce is going to be rebuilt once more before his contract runs out so he can job to Joss Thompson.

My Best Storyline is an "unofficial" one...but it greatly affects the heat leval of all the actual storylines I run.

it's early 2011 in my TNA game. Several months into my "Split TNA in half" storyline, which features Eric Bischoff leading a heel Stable against Paul Heyman's face stable. Bischoff's group basically think they are bigger than the business, and Heyman's group is all about the Business and the sport. It has led to all my sub-storylines getting great heat, mostly in the B* to A* range. It still ongoing and will be for awhile, eventually including even more of the roster. right now it's main eventers and uppermidcard talent only. It consists of:

Bischoff Group:

Eric Bischoff: The leader and mouthpiece. A great hire and choice to lead the heel group due to his extremely high entertainment skills.

Brock Lesner: Current TNA World Heavyweight Champion, Defeated "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles @ Victory Road 2010. It's the Main Guy of the group, and has 12 sucessful defenses thus far.

Bobby Lashley: Was is limbo prior to the start of this storyline, just had him beating jobbers and midcarders for 2 months prior to the Stable War. Is the "Enforcer" of the group.

Booker T: Was seriously on the way out prior to the storyline starting. His contract was coming to an end and I was gonna let it expire, but once this angle started he became a valuable addition to the group. Good entertaiment skills and star presence make him easy to keep over.

Abyss: I like the guy, but he's really the resident jobber of the group. I'm completely lost as to how to use him right now, a face turn may be in the future.

Mick Foley: A New addition to the group, was quietly showing up sporadically to book matches and be the "authority guy". Decided to add him into the mix, the angle being he knows he's near the end of his carear and wants to go out ontop.

"Big Money" Robert Roode: Current TNA Legends Champion, joined the group after turning his back on partner James Storm for a more lucrative position in Bischoff's Alliance. Although a solid upper midcard fixture, has proven he can hang with the main eventers in the ring and on the stick.

Matt Hardy: My first big "steal", having sucessfully attempting to swipe him from WWE when his contract was expiring. A great addition, works well with Bischoff managing him, has made his goal to take AJ Styles out of wrestling, cause he sees him as nothing more than a "Wannabe Hardy".

Jeff Hardy: Was a free agent the entire time in my game, but once I successfully stole Matt from WWE, I snatched up Jeff too. Currently enjoying the benefits of a Hardy Boyz -vs- Styles & Daniels fued. Also has Excellent chemistry with Bischoff.

Heyman's Army:

Paul Heyman: You know him, you love him...or you love to hate him, either way love is there. Excellent leader and promo guy, believes you should be in this business to put on the best show and be the best, not make the most.

Kurt Angle: Has made his money and carved his niche in history, now wants to make sure the wrestling scene is in a good place when he leaves. Is the current #1 Contender, and a secondary leader behind Heyman.

Samoa Joe: Just finished up a program with Brock, which saw him repeatadly get screwed out of the title. Also saw the two of them put on some great matches. Foley has decreed that if he expects to get another title shot he will have to work his way back into contention. Although several months away, is one of my early favorites to finally dethrone Brock.

Kevin Nash: The "big surprise" addition, was lobbied after by Bischoff, until shockingly joining the other side. Had developed an odd friendship with Abyss, until Abyss turned on him to join Bischoff. Wants to "give back", in attempts to better his image when people look back at his carear, so doing the ring thing, but ultimately for self serving reasons. Currently chasing after Roode to try and get "his" Legends title back.

AJ Styles: Held the TNA World Title for nearly a year before losing it to Brock. Was screwed in his only rematch, and with another title shot in sight was gearing up for it, until Matt Hardy made it his goal in life to eliminate AJ. Still seen as the "Future" of the business, and along with Joe & Daniels was the first to join Heyman's Cause.

Daniels: Spent 3 months on the shelf after Matt Hardy took him out in an attempt to further anger and derail AJ. Has rejoined up with Styles and currently fueding with the Hardyz.

James Storm: After being turned on and assaulted by Roode, was kept off TV for two months, has returned with a new found fire and has made it his goal to not only repay Roode for his backstabbing, but also take Roode's Legends title. Is currently in a program with Nash and himself both trying to dethrone Roode.

Mr. (Ken) Anderson: Much like Booker,I had nothing for this man and he was floating in obscurity, mainly winning matches on my B show main events until Foley joined the fray. is in the midst of a surprisingly good fued with Foley, where the two really work well as opponents.

Jeff Jarrett: Returned to company he helped found when he saw Bischoff's power and influence growing. Although friction remains between him and Angle, to have agreed to put that on the back burner until they rid TNA of Bischoff.

Rob Van Dam: A natural choice to join with Heyman, and was at the forfront of the X Division until just recently being dethroned by "The Future" Frankie Kazerian. Will now be slowly removed from the X Division and brought into the main story. Served his purpose tho, his 4 month reign saw the X Title move from a C prestige to a C*.

Wild Cards!

These are guys who aren't currently involved, but will be shortly as the divide in the roster expands.

Bill Goldberg: Just recently arrived and spent a month just "being there", with no known stance on the matter. The last Impact! saw him attack Lesner, Lashley and the Hardyz, who where in the midst of a 4 on 2 beatdown of AJ and Daniels. Weather he has joined up with Heyman or just decided he wants a shot a Lesner's Gold remains to be seen. Has yet to wrestle, and it will probably be a couple more weeks, or even months before he officially steps into the ring.

Bryan Danielson: His allegence is unknown, has very recently taken both Kurt Angle and Booker T to the limit, before ultimately making one mistake which cost him the match. Has reason to want another shot at both men.

Frankie Kazerian: Aside from being the man to finally dethrone RVD as King of the X Division, is the midst of a big push after a long absense due to dropping the Suicide moniker and a gimmick overall. Is also currently managed by, and involved with (on screen anyways) Karen Angle. A Program with Angle and Jarrett could easily stem from that.

In mY ROH 2006 Game, i have a major storyline going, I'v build it up since the start, kinda.

After Samoa Joe Defeated Bryan Danielson for the World Tittle, he has been unstopable, defending the tittle on every show he was on. then in august 2006(game starts in march 2006) Cm punk got left behine by the Devopmental program for wwe, and ROH signed him, his debute match was with World Champion Samoa joe that ended in a 60-minute draw in New England, after this the two parted ways, and Cm punk captured the Puro Tittle, while Joe keept a hold of his world tittle, fast forward to April 2007, Cm Punk loses his Puro tittle to Bryan Danielson, who gave a Speach on how he dident need it, and gave it to his traine, Davey Richards.

Cm Punk Aimed his Sights in on the World Tittle, deafeting names such as Christopher Daniels, Aj Styles, Joey Ryan, his Friend and Partner Colt Cabana, He was then given a new shot at ROH's first show since getting a Tv deal(In the Mod i'm playig all ROH shows where yearly once, about 40 of them, used about 40 minutes to re-schedual evryting)

the match went onto another 60-minute draw, after the match Punk gave Joe a Beatdown with his Saints(Ace Steel, Colt Cabana and Daffney)

at this point joe kneew he was having punk after him.

At this Point Joe have held the tittle for about 1 year 1 month, ROH have a TV deal in all of USa, Cannada and mexico. Punk have challanged Joe for the lattest 2 episoded, and talked on how he is better, how he is streight edge and joe is not. ROH officals then booked a Tag match with Punk and Joe vs former ROH tag champs, Roderick Stong and Austin Aries. Joe attacked Punk, cousing him punk to be rolled up by strong.

For 2 more weeks punk challenges Joe for a 1 on 1 match, saying how he can deafeat him if he was given time, After Attacking joe during his matches, joe agrees and says that if punk can win a nr.1 contendership he will get an oppertunety and Joey Esman(Color Commentator since prazack left and Jim Fannin was signed by the WWE) makes a nr1 contender match for ROH's First PPV, "Dead Weight 2007" will se Chris hero vs Cm punk.

Samoa joe is set to face Jay LEathal.

This is where i am at this point, but i have most of it planned already:

At "Dead Weight 2007" Punk Deafeats Chris Hero, and gets his 1 on 1 No time limit match at ROH's Second PPV(if i dont loose my PPV deal or something) entittled: "Instant Clasic"

for the 4 episodes going upto "Instant Clasic" Joe starts talking on how he IS ROH, and everything it stands for. Punk Continues to Talk on how he wil beat Joe, Pining him 1....2....3, they continue interfering in eachother matches, and Joe attacks Cabana backstage on one episode.

the Tv before the PPV, Cm punk and Colt cabana vs Samoa Joe and Jay Leathal, where Cabana turns on punk, costing him the match, when the match ends, joe dosent stop and hits a muscle buster onto a chair before leaving him in the ring.

PPV Time, at the start Punk gives a promo, on how Cabana turned on him, and how he was going to pay for it. Cabana Also gives a promo on why he did it, saying that he was living in the darkness of him, and that by turning on him, he was promised a Tag team Tittle shot, with a partner of his chosing.

Later in the PPV Cabana's Music hits, only to stop for a brief moment, then the Second City Saints Theme Starts out(Thunderkiss '65 , at least in my world) and Cm Punk Emerges, followed by Cabana And Ace Steel, Ace and Cabana wins the tittles, and Punk says how he tricked Joe, and now the entire Second City Saints will wear gold(exept daffney, even thugh she is one of my best women preformer, but i have no female tittle....YET)

Main Event time, and after 70 minutes(Both have EXELENT stamina levels), Punk hits Joe with the Pepsi Plunge and wins the world tittle,

The Second City Saints Emerge with their gold, and celebrate in the ring with Punk.

-After this i might continue it, since i can run one more match between the 2 without getting the message about how many times it have been shown, and even after that i can continue with Gimick matches, but i'm not sure.

What do you think of my storyline?, its the first storyline i sat down and planned and did real, i usaly just have guys speak on eachother, and tag matches, no turns or anything. When i se now, its alot of text.. :p:p

-Nico

<p>I've mentioned it before but the thread keeps coming back so I'll mention it again.</p><p> </p><p>

My best storyline was Nicky Champion and Alicia Strong falling in love with Sam Strong constantly trying to stop it happening. They'd be about to kiss backstage and Sam would appear and stop it, one way or anohter. Or, Nicky would win a match (by this point, Alicia was coming to the ring with him) and they'd be about to embrace when Sam Strong would come out and stop it.</p><p> </p><p>

Eventually, Nicky and Alicia get fed up and demand to know why Sam is so against them being together. Sam reveals that Nicky and Alicia can't be together because Nicky Champion is infact...Nicky Strong!!!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UkWrestleFan" data-cite="UkWrestleFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25077" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've mentioned it before but the thread keeps coming back so I'll mention it again.<p> </p><p> My best storyline was Nicky Champion and Alicia Strong falling in love with Sam Strong constantly trying to stop it happening. They'd be about to kiss backstage and Sam would appear and stop it, one way or anohter. Or, Nicky would win a match (by this point, Alicia was coming to the ring with him) and they'd be about to embrace when Sam Strong would come out and stop it.</p><p> </p><p> Eventually, Nicky and Alicia get fed up and demand to know why Sam is so against them being together. Sam reveals that Nicky and Alicia can't be together because Nicky Champion is infact...Nicky Strong!!!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is literally right out of a daytime Soap, lol.</p>

<p>You know, the Nicky / Alicia love angle is quite often used so I decided to change it up a bit... (I have no idea how this would have gone down with the typical USPW crowd)</p><p> </p><p>

Basically I had Joanne Rodriguez in the role of Alicia's love interest. Alicia became the victim of several attacks from a jealous women's division, J-Ro had been brought in early on as part of a stable with Champagne Lover and Mario Heroic (specifically as Heroic's sister). Champagne Lover hitting on J-Ro had been a recurring theme. </p><p> </p><p>

Eventually Sam, unable to stand Alicia being constantly attacked offers J-Ro a deal, she helps his daughter and Lover / Heroic get a tag title shot. She agrees, Lover / Heroic win the tag titles. J-Ro and Alicia continue to battle the other females and get closer as they are united in a war with the other female wrestlers. They celebrate a hard earned victory with a spontaneous kiss.</p><p> </p><p>

Sam gets upset and eventually "fires" J-Ro (leading to Heroic & Lover falling out of his favour and ending up with a price on their heads - this was an excuse to put them over other established tag teams being brought in on one shot deals). Alicia and Sam argue over this with Alicia pushing Sam to turning full on heel and attacking her. This became the start of a big push for Alicia, where she started to face a couple of male wrestlers to legitimise herself. The big plan was for Alicia to eventually win the World Title and then face her dad at the biggest event of the year, going over in the process. They then reconcile when Sam realises the independent woman that Alicia is, gets proud, blah blah blah, a new top heel destroys Sam to establish themselves and then takes the title off of Alicia soon after. Alicia goes back, reinvigorates the women's title as the monster heel dominates.</p><p> </p><p>

Truth be told I got bored after Alicia's first victory over a male competitor at a PPV but it would have been one hell of a storyline to play out.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

There were a couple of subtexts as well,</p><p>

Sam tries to push Champion and Alicia together, they only become friends but form a loose alliance throughout the rest of their time in USPW</p><p>

J-Ro returns at a later date, Alicia and her stay close but never explicitly show anything else. She becomes part of the loose alliance with Champion and Alicia</p><p>

Lover eventually turns on Heroic for his sister's actions causing them so much difficulty. Heroic joins the loose alliance.</p><p>

Throughout the next 2 years, Heroic, Champion, Alicia and J-Ro remain loyal to each other. They don't really form any tag teams, just help each other out every now and then.</p>

<p>Seen a lot of USPW storylines, I've played a hectic game of USPW, considering of two years or so and here I've played for the storyline.</p><p> </p><p>

I can't believe how the Alicia and Nicky love angles get so popular these days huh. Well here, so within the year of 2008, Sam Strong kept giving advice to his protege Nicky Champion and as well Alicia and Nicky were starting to become friends but they haven't developed a relationship yet. So by October I had Nicky lose the title to T-Rex after Alicia accidentally cost Nicky the title after she distracted the ref. Of course, Nicky and T-Rex have been feuding and this went on till January 09 where Nicky had a rematch and had Sam Strong as manager and Nicky lost again he was too distracted to protect his protege after T-Rex gave Strong a Jurrassic Crush. As months go by, Nicky rises up to the main event and Strong was impressed to get him into the main event and competing for the USPW championship. Nicky loses his chance though so he goes outrage on Strong. Then Alicia tries to calm him down.</p><p> </p><p>

Nicky had one more chance on the USPW World title against the then champion James Justice since James realized that he wanted one more chance to fight him.</p><p> </p><p>

Nicky loses and he goes *snap* crazy and started beating down Sam Strong. Alicia tries to stop him but he went nuts. Next pay per view, I had Nicky and Sam fight each other and then Alicia comes into the match and costs his daddy the match, aligning himself with Nicky.</p><p> </p><p>

Champion, beats then James Justice for the title and by August 09, he was one of my main eventers having a B+ pop all over US.</p>

I'm closing out my first year with TNA with a stable of former ROH talent invading my second brand (Empire). ROH has been hitting economic hard times in my game, so the angle is that these guys blame the bloated and spoiled TNA for their home being destroyed.

Samoa Joe is the Empire World Champion, and has been undefeated since I took the book. The other main event face is AJ Styles, and the top heel on the show is Christian Cage. Lethal and Kaz are the up and coming guys.

Guys dressed as ninjas start showing up on Empire and attack Joe and the other top faces. Joe blames Cage, as they have a PPV match coming up and Cage has had flunkies in the past. Then Cage is found laid out, and eventually the first ninja suit guy is revealed as CM Punk, who says he's the first, but not the last. Eventually Austin Aries is revealed to be the second, and tensions are high as the everyone suspects someone in TNA is the third guy.

CM Punk cuts a promo that he's a big fan of tradition, so in the tradition of a stable killing an organization, he challenges Samoa Joe to a 6 man tag match- bring your best and we'll be there, plus the man that brought us in.

Cage forces his way into Joe's team and the two are forced to call a truce. AJ Styles joins the team as well. At the PPV, the match is a handicap match against Punk and Aries, until AJ Styles hits the Styles Clash on Christian Cage, turning on TNA and costing Joe his first defeat. AJ cuts a promo that Joe has turned into a fat Hulk Hogan, while AJ, a real wrestler, keeps getting cast aside. He introduces the world to his new family, The Honorbound: AJ Styles, CM Punk, Austin Aries, and Jimmy Rave.

At the next PPV, Alex Shelly turns on Chris Sabin, breaking up the Motor City Machine Guns and joining The Honorbound. AJ Styles faces Joe in the main event, defeating him for the world title and costing him his first singles defeat.

This culminates in a War Games style Lethal Lockdown between The Honorbound (Styles/Punk/Aries/Rave/Shelly) and Empire (Joe/Cage/Lethal/Kaz/Sabin).

It's really done wonders for the show, especially because this brand has no midcard title and was lacking some storyline depth.

Guest KingOfKings

Current day WWE. Shawn Michaels just won a number one contenders match against Randy Orton due to Kofi Kingston costing Orton the match.

Leading up to the PPV his buddy, HHH shows nothing but support for HBK in his upcoming title match while HBK and John Cena have a deep mutual respect for eachother.

The week before the PPV title match, HHH is shown injured backstage, he tells HBK that John Cena attacked him and left him down and out. This leads HBK to find John Cena and confront him about the situation, John Cena of course, denies the whole thing.

Later in the night John Cena is having a non-title match against Ted Dibiase, whch Dibiase wins thanks to a Sweet Chin Music interference from HBK.

At the PPV match, Survivor Series, HBK and John Cena go a grueling 30 some odd minutes. But the shocker is, the match is ruled a no contest due to HHH turning on HBK and giving him a pedigree, then also pedigreeing John Cena.

This leads to a match between HBK and HHH the next night on RAW, in which John Cena takes down both men with the attitude adjustment.

Newly appointed GM Rowdy Roddy Piper makes a match for TLC, a 3 Way TLC match for the WWE heavyweight title. John Cena Vs. HHH Vs. HBK

Archived