Real World Mod

Evening folks,

It's been a while since I've been on these boards and it's nice to see Adam is looking to deprive us of more of our money/time by releasing TEW 2010. :) Another thread in this section seemed to be trying to get modders together to create an up-to-date real world mod for the forthcoming game. I like it. I like it a lot. I like it because it reminds me of a time when we pulled together to create a mod called 'Fall of the One Ring Circus.'

For those too new to remember this epic undertaking, here's a link http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15372

It started as an idea by myself to create an up-to-date data at the time and it escalated into a board-wide project with help and input from over 30 members here at GDS. It took 4 months of almost non-stop work and toil, but with me trying to make sure that all stats were standardised to increase the realism whilst trying not to reduce fun.

So what I suggest is that we do it all again.

We start be creating the data in TEW 2008 and then when the editor is released for TEW 2010 we begin a conversion process.

So all that's left to say is...

Gentlemen, I aim to misbehave!

Who's with me?

http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=739282#post739282

Awesome stuff from all.

nutt2252 TV stuff will be invaluable, will you be able to do it for all nations?

SasoreGatame - I need someone to do all of Mexico if you're up to it?

Click on the link the first post and start posting there.

Phil, I didn't get a return message, what's Open Source?

Weird, I thought you took long to answer me. Must be a bug.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60530

This is the topic of the project to do an open source data set for TEW 2010. There's even something that I worked on at the end of the topic: the whole belt history of the WWWF/WWF/WWE to this day!

The idea of open source is that somebody does work and then lets anybody use it, mod it, whatever, as long as if they release something based on your work, it's also open source and credited to you. And also, people are encouraged to do smaller parts in a mod (Say, one fed) as a standalone project that people then import into their game, rather than doing a WHOLE data set.

With that said, if open source doesn't stand the test of time, I'd like pretty much to work with you again. And ya know, I can do stuff for both, it's not like it would be lost one way or the other, I just do Belt Histories for that now, and we can use those in any set.

The idea of open source is that somebody does work and then lets anybody use it, mod it, whatever, as long as if they release something based on your work, it's also open source and credited to you. And also, people are encouraged to do smaller parts in a mod (Say, one fed) as a standalone project that people then import into their game, rather than doing a WHOLE data set.

I strongly encourage the open source project to not go on a fed-by-fed basis, strictly for the fact that promotions change their rosters as often as I post crap on the TEW forums.

Which means that anyone wanting to use the open source data will have to rack their brains to figure out which pieces to DL if they wish to make a mod with RW workers that isn't set in the exact time frame that the open source bite-sized data pack was created.

I really love the idea of open source data, but fed-by-fed seems to go against the whole idea of having data that anyone can grab as they see fit.

(I really don't mean to hound you on this, but you never replied to my last response and it seems important enough that I argue my case again just on the off-chance that you never saw it)

Awesome stuff from all.

nutt2252 TV stuff will be invaluable, will you be able to do it for all nations?

Yes. When I played 08, I downloaded a great mod but the TV Stations and the Show Slots weren't all there.

I know for sure I can get all of the major Cable/Satellite Stations in North America, Australia, and UK. Send me an e-mail because I very rarely get on here to send messages or post.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived