The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Wyatt family vs Brothers of destruction/

That would make a lot of sense now Kane is supposedly 'fired'. It just wouldn't make sense to me as a traditional SS match. The Wyatts do have a team, but Taker is supposedly a loner. Would it be 4 on 2? Or will we see a Edge and Christian get back for a reunion (wishful thinking :p)?

'Biker' Taker was in the SS2001 match, but I don't recall seeing him in any other (though I missed quite a few years of WWE).

That would make a lot of sense now Kane is supposedly 'fired'. It just wouldn't make sense to me as a traditional SS match. The Wyatts do have a team, but Taker is supposedly a loner. Would it be 4 on 2? Or will we see a Edge and Christian get back for a reunion (wishful thinking :p)?

'Biker' Taker was in the SS2001 match, but I don't recall seeing him in any other (though I missed quite a few years of WWE).

My first thought was Reigns / Ambrose / Kane / Taker vs The Wyatt Family.

It was the best HIAC match I can remember seeing since I started watching 8 years ago. It also wasn't a typical PG era match, just 2 legends beating the bloody crap out of each other, which was refreshing.

Alright that's fair enough. I didn't think it was a bad match or anything, just a little flat and uneventful at times. I don't think it was anywhere near MOTY level either.

Alright that's fair enough. I didn't think it was a bad match or anything, just a little flat and uneventful at times. I don't think it was anywhere near MOTY level either.

To me it was one of those rare matches (like Cena vs Rock 1 and Beast vs Streak) that are technically weak matches but the storyline, hype and crowd reaction make them memorable. The blood and headshots (as much I cringed at seeing them) also really helped with this match as did Brock pounding Taker in Hulk mode, hitting the revenge low-blow and ripping up the mat.

For the record, I do prefer the more technical matches involving the likes of Zayn, Sasha, Cesaro and Owens but occasionally I enjoy the typical sports entertainment style matches or brutal slugfests when WWE nails them.

He debuted in a SS match back in... hmmm... 1992, was it?

To me it was one of those rare matches (like Cena vs Rock 1 and Beast vs Streak) that are technically weak matches but the storyline, hype and crowd reaction make them memorable.

The first Cena vs. The Rock was great, but the Lesnar vs. Undertaker WrestleMania match was horrible. Really, really poor. I'm shocked to see you list it as something special. A shocking finish alone does not make a match.

The first Cena vs. The Rock was great, but the Lesnar vs. Undertaker WrestleMania match was horrible. Really, really poor. I'm shocked to see you list it as something special. A shocking finish alone does not make a match.

Yea that match was absolutely terrible. Undertaker apparently got a concussion after the first F5 and it went from Taker calling the match in the ring to Brock trying to call it. Taker was barely coherent for the rest of the match so it almost looked like an ugly mauling rather than a competitive wrestling match.

Undertaker debuted at Survivor Series 1990.

He won his first world title at Survivor Series 1991.

Yes, but we're talking about the specialty match, not the event. But you're absolutely right: apparently he was in the Million Dollar Team back then, winning from the Dream Team (featuring, obviously, Dusty Rhodes).

Yea that match was absolutely terrible. Undertaker apparently got a concussion after the first F5 and it went from Taker calling the match in the ring to Brock trying to call it. Taker was barely coherent for the rest of the match so it almost looked like an ugly mauling rather than a competitive wrestling match.

Yeah, a shame about that concussion ruining what should have been a great and defining match for both.

I was unsure if it was '92 or '91, didn't think it was as far back as '90. How time flies... but those sure were the days, back when he was purple/grey. :D

Apart from The Undertaker and The Rock, has WWF/E debuted any other big players at SS?

Yes, but we're talking about the specialty match, not the event. But you're absolutely right: apparently he was in the Million Dollar Team back then, winning from the Dream Team (featuring, obviously, Dusty Rhodes).

Taker was part of the all americans team in 1993 had his own team in 95 and was on team WWF in 01 so 4 matches all together

Apart from The Undertaker and The Rock, has WWF/E debuted any other big players at SS?

Kurt Angle was one I remember

My memory's not the best but If I recall, Cena and Rock both hit their 5 moves of doom and did a few rest holds. Hardly better than an average Raw main event but the hype elevated the match.

With Brock & Taker I wasn't expecting anything but an ugly match anyway and I was super excited because I felt like for the first time Taker's streak was actually in jeopardy.

The 25th Anniversary of the Undertaker is definitely something they should highlight heading into SS.

Gable & Jordan vs. Gargano & Ciampa on NXT this week was a really solid tag match, especially for a non-event match.

I loved it. Gargano & Ciampa are the best enhancement talent in NXT now that Breeze has been promoted. Gable is insanely good but I'm really digging JJ as well.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/e667851dff32a1c7492b383bc9d2bc71/tumblr_nwysbaLZfz1sbzhteo1_400.gif

The latest Madusa shoot:

I know you're a smart girl, @realpaigewwe and you can wrestle however your little manipulation in the locker rooms lately from what I have heard shows your intelligence of your shoe size. You don't think that I don't know what you did to @natbynature ? You see you hated the bond that transpired between Nattie and I during my WWE Hall of Fame induction because you know as well as everyone my belt is the legit women's championship belt and you want it. Just think of the notoriety and all the publicity that you would get if you finally held this title. Wake the hell up Paige are you kidding me? I know you have your eye on the real women's championship. I still hold this title and I have never been beat. How do you know what I've been doing lately.... training maybe ? With a little bit of boxing maybe ? Perhaps I've been warming up my German Suplex so I can drill your happy ass once and for all into the mat so you can learn a valuable lesson. You're not fooling anybody with that backwards British accent, untrusting pinky shaking, freaky FAKE laugh saying you're everyone's friend again. I've seen many of your kind in this business and they all have come and gone..... Watch your back Paige when you hear some loud rumbling you better be looking over your shoulder and constantly✌️

Anything that breaks the monotony of divas tag matches is fine by me, as well as replacing the butterfly belt.