The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Jack Swagger is a very good wrestler

NJPW just gave Gallows nearly 700 days as tag champ in his 2 year run, I'm sure Swagger being a much better wrestler and having a legitimate background could have success there. He'd be a natural fit for ROH, better than a vast majority of Indy guys, and even could see him in Mexico (probably AAA, if they sort their stuff out)

But Swagger in Big Japan would be incredible. He might not want to do it because money and whatnot, but him against the strong guys would bring back memories of the great Rusev matches except turned to eleven.

Oh man, give me Swagger/Sekimoto & Swagger/Okabayashi now please! :D

So um, I bet Neville wins the Global Cruiserweight Series, which btw is anyone else excited about this?! http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork/new-2016-programming-global-cruiserweight-series-28703671?sf21027741=1

Should be pretty great and refreshing to watch.Hopefully they go for some talent outside of WWE as well, would just be nice to see and good opportunity for wrestlers to prove themselves and get some exposure.

So um, I bet Neville wins the Global Cruiserweight Series, which btw is anyone else excited about this?! http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork/new-2016-programming-global-cruiserweight-series-28703671?sf21027741=1

With the relationship WWE have been building with New Japan, I'm praying that we get KUSHIDA in that tournament. I hope plundering Nakamura and Styles hasn't soured things between the two companies, though.

Mix in Zack Sabre Jr, Ricochet, Matt Sydal, Jay Lethal and others... oh man... yes, you could say I'm excited!

With the relationship WWE have been building with New Japan, I'm praying that we get KUSHIDA in that tournament. I hope plundering Nakamura and Styles hasn't soured things between the two companies, though.

Mix in Zack Sabre Jr, Ricochet, Matt Sydal, Jay Lethal and others... oh man... yes, you could say I'm excited!

I highly doubt those three are even a remote possibility unless Lethal leaves ROH. Ricochet's Lucha Underground work probably works against him and Matt Sydal is signed to ROH and has also talked a lot of trash about WWE since he left the company.

I highly doubt those three are even a remote possibility unless Lethal leaves ROH. Ricochet's Lucha Underground work probably works against him and Matt Sydal is signed to ROH and has also talked a lot of trash about WWE since he left the company.

Hasn't HHH got a relationship with ROH (among others indies) now though? Although admittedly I didn't know Sydal had bathmouthed WWE.

I know this is the WWE thread, but is there a good site to watch NJPW with English commentary for free?

Can you not just watch it on New Japan World? With current exchange rates it works out at about £6 a month. It's ridiculously cheap for what you get.

Hasn't HHH got a relationship with ROH (among others indies) now though? Although admittedly I didn't know Sydal had bathmouthed WWE.

Can you not just watch it on New Japan World? With current exchange rates it works out at about £6 a month. It's ridiculously cheap for what you get.

I can't spend the money just yet. I ask my parents all the time for subscription services. One question: Do all shows on NJPW World have commentary in English or is it mostly English?

HHH does have a relationship with ROH, it's just that it's him trying to run them out of NXT's markets. :p HHH/NXT only really has a deal with EVOLVE. The rest are HHH's talent scouts going and watching indies to see guys that would be worth picking up.

So, in terms of the GCS, I'll be very surprised if any ROH contracted talent are in it and still in ROH after all is said and done.

I can't spend the money just yet. I ask my parents all the time for subscription services. One question: Do all shows on NJPW World have commentary in English or is it mostly English?

Most NJPW World shows are in Japanese. Got to remember, they're a Japanese promotion. It's only the BIG events that get English commentary. I think even the Honour Rising cards are only Japanese commentary.

I hope it has. If NJPW still wants to play buddy buddy with WWE after that roster pillaging, they're a bunch of dopes.

Most NJPW World shows are in Japanese. Got to remember, they're a Japanese promotion. It's only the BIG events that get English commentary. I think even the Honour Rising cards are only Japanese commentary.

Yeah, English commentary is still a relatively new thing on NJPW World. King of Pro Wrestling in October was the very first one, and then WK and the show the very next night. I believe Invasion Attack in April is going to have English commentary as well.

Triple H on who will be in the tournament

Possibly working with indie promotions:

Obviously, if someone is under contract with, say, New Japan Pro Wrestling, I don’t think they are going to have the opportunity to perform in this type of tournament. Though anybody that has the opportunity, freedom and availability to do something like this with us, we are looking at working with them. I’m open to working with other groups that are out there such as Progress, Evolve, Rev Pro and places like that. They have a lot of talent they work with, but those talents have that ability to do other things. It’s an opportunity to be on a platform to be seen by millions around the world and become much bigger stars in their own right. If we can use those promotions in a way that helps them as well, to me that’s great. I think helping that independent undercurrent is beneficial to everybody.”

Dammit. No KUSHIDA then.

I don't think LU or ROH use written contracts though, do they? So we could still get Ricochet / Puma. I'd expect Zack and Osprey from Progress too, which should be awesome.

ROH since being on Destination America have been locking their top guys in contracts in fear of them using the TV exposure then jumping to TNA or WWE.

I believe ROH have recently tied down some of their top talent like The Young Bucks to contracts. I think most of the Lucha Undergound guys are under contract with AAA and are loaned out to increase their reputations in the US, although some of them like Rey Mysterio are trying to get out because of AAA's financial problems. It would be beneficial for AAA and Lucha Underground to play ball with WWE for the global exposure but I doubt they would risk their best talent like Ricochet.

Apparently Taker's opponent has been decided and it's said to not be anyone currently on the active roster. Do you all think it's a returning legend? Angle, Batista? Maybe even Stone Cold!? Okay probably not Steve lol. I have a weird feeling it'll be Finn. Demon vs Deadman is a nice selling point.

Apparently Taker's opponent has been decided and it's said to not be anyone currently on the active roster. Do you all think it's a returning legend? Angle, Batista? Maybe even Stone Cold!? Okay probably not Steve lol. I have a weird feeling it'll be Finn. Demon vs Deadman is a nice selling point.

Smart money is on Orton or Cena, surely?

Smart money is on Orton or Cena, surely?

I haven't heard anything on Orton's recovery. Last I heard there was neck issues.

Even as good as Cena is about coming back, I have a hard time believing he'll be good enough to go balls out against Taker at Mania.

Goldberg is another possibility. Although he's basically said if he has another match that he's going over.

I just read Meltzer's clarification on his previous statement. He said that Taker's opponent "is not an active wrestler", so if that's true then I'm definitely wrong in saying Cena or Orton.

No idea who it could be. Sting? I find it hard to believe they'd be able to keep that one quiet though.

EDIT: He also explicitly said that it wont be someone who is injured but on the roster, and it wont be anyone from NXT.

It makes sense they're not giving him a 'competitive' match anymore and are just scheduling an appearance to keep the legend alive, though I'd say it would be better to go out with a bang and install a new face of fear.

But where the hell are they going to find someone like that? WHERE? :p