The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I'm confused that in all of this, we've got the idea that Drew McIntyre could ever be in Reigns' position. He's nothing more than a bland brawler with two types of promo - I AM STANDING UP FOR WRESTLING promo and the I AM THE BEST WRESTLER promo - both done with an incredibly unconvincing Hollywood Scotland accent despite the fact he's from the same area of the country as I am. WWE gave up on him because he failed to break out from the pack when he was there. He was just another one in a factory production line of EVIL~ heels that wore black and did evil things for most of his WWE tenure.

Blind hatred? I listed every reason for him not to be liked at all. Maybe your blind love might be what you cannot see. Reigns isnt good. He is literally being pushed for 2 reasons. Rocks Cousin, and he's attractive. Thats it. He cannot talk or wrestle. I used to really hate Cena when he was doing the same Superman BS that Reigns is doing now. But even Cena has changed his tune and has started to show he isnt a pile of crap and can wrestle hell of a match. Reigns hasnt done that yet. Reigns has had to continuously needed to use his "popping" moves to appeal to the crowd which you seem to be falling for.

I watch WWE hoping they do something right. Like maybe the Wyatts the truly unstoppable force they need to be. Yet WWE fails. Or allowing Ambrose to really show his character instead of being the sidekick to Reigns.

Or maybe give Owens, Ziggler, anyone a damn push instead of shoving the same crap down our throats. THE COMPANY SHOULD NOT BE PREDICTABLE!!

Stop with the "1 man is the top guy and will never ever ever ever lose or look weak" BS they have been doing for almost 10 years. No one wants that. The attitude era was beautiful because it didnt revolve around 1 person. HHH, Taker, Rock, Foley, Austin, ect all on top during that portion. But guess what else was beautiful... The fact that NO ONE WAS SUPERMAN!!

Reigns is the most protected pile of talentless crap this company has attempted to produce. WWE gives up on The Chosen One Drew McIntyre who actually could wrestle and cut a decent promo but refuses to stop pushing Reigns who isnt half the wrestler Drew or even most of this roster is down peoples throats? But I guess Reigns getting booed must be blind hate right? The intelligent fans must all be blind.

You act like what you say about Reigns or anyone is gospel. I'm tired of you and Warhawk running around this forum like you two know everything about wrestling. I'm all for you guys having your own opinions. But don't act like your opinion is fact. It's not, that is why it is called an opinion. You don't like Reigns, fine. Stop calling people who like him stupid, don't call women and children stupid, referencing and earlier post, just because you're young or have a uterus doesn't mean you have no brain. People like people because they do. Who cares if they like Reigns because they think he's attractive, because he looks like a star, that's the reason Rocky Golden is pushed, In my opinion I don't think he fits in TCW at the main event. Who cares if they like him because he stands up to Authority and has good intentions, I don't have a good C-Verse reference for this one. WWE isn't a performance over popularity. It's not Ring of Honor, New Japan, or TCW. It's popularity over performance. It's SWF. Again, you are allowed to have your opinion, but stop preaching it as gospel.

I'm confused that in all of this, we've got the idea that Drew McIntyre could ever be in Reigns' position. He's nothing more than a bland brawler with two types of promo - I AM STANDING UP FOR WRESTLING promo and the I AM THE BEST WRESTLER promo - both done with an incredibly unconvincing Hollywood Scotland accent despite the fact he's from the same area of the country as I am. WWE gave up on him because he failed to break out from the pack when he was there. He was just another one in a factory production line of EVIL~ heels that wore black and did evil things for most of his WWE tenure.

I didn't even know he was ICW Champion until Grado beat him to win it. That's how little he's discussed within British indie wrestling circles.

I didn't even know he was ICW Champion until Grado beat him to win it. That's how little he's discussed within British indie wrestling circles.

Precisely. The build for Fear & Loathing was centered around Grado. He's a non-factor everywhere else in the UK. Hell even in ICW, he's playing second or third fiddle in a group he set up. The same will likely happen for Barrett when/if he leaves. A quick three to four month "LOOK AT THE BIG STAR" then fading into the background of wherever he ends up.

To be fair he's been quite excellent in US indies as far as in ring work, but as far as promos MH hit it right on the head.

He overused the "I SAY PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING" trope more than everyone else combined in the last year alone and I don't follow ICW but if he doesn't come across as a star there, then that says a lot.

To be fair he's been quite excellent in US indies as far as in ring work, but as far as promos MH hit it right on the head.

He overused the "I SAY PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING" trope more than everyone else combined in the last year alone and I don't follow ICW but if he doesn't come across as a star there, then that says a lot.

The issue with Drew in ICW is that whilst he was in WWE, the scene evolved to exist without him and he's came back and is just an odd fit. He just comes off as always wrestling on a lower gear in ICW and there is no real difference on the shows where he is there as opposed to the shows where he isn't. If he was a true star, there would be a noticeable gap.

You act like what you say about Reigns or anyone is gospel. I'm tired of you and Warhawk running around this forum like you two know everything about wrestling. I'm all for you guys having your own opinions. But don't act like your opinion is fact. It's not, that is why it is called an opinion. You don't like Reigns, fine. Stop calling people who like him stupid, don't call women and children stupid, referencing and earlier post, just because you're young or have a uterus doesn't mean you have no brain. People like people because they do. Who cares if they like Reigns because they think he's attractive, because he looks like a star, that's the reason Rocky Golden is pushed, In my opinion I don't think he fits in TCW at the main event. Who cares if they like him because he stands up to Authority and has good intentions, I don't have a good C-Verse reference for this one. WWE isn't a performance over popularity. It's not Ring of Honor, New Japan, or TCW. It's popularity over performance. It's SWF. Again, you are allowed to have your opinion, but stop preaching it as gospel.

Roman Reigns sucks and that is a fact. He is carried by everyone else in the company. He is far worse than Cena ever was. I hope fans reject him completely at Wrestlemania 32. I would not be surprised if the fans chant "Triple H" or better yet "We want Ambrose". If Reigns wins, which I sadly think he will the fans should pelt the ring with garbage. Yeah, good luck WWE with RAW being in places like Brooklyn, Philadelphia and Chicago before Wrestlemania. Fans are going to boo Roman Reigns and seeing him get booed out of the building will be funny.

Roman Reigns sucks and that is a fact. He is carried by everyone else in the company. He is far worse than Cena ever was. I hope fans reject him completely at Wrestlemania 32. I would not be surprised if the fans chant "Triple H" or better yet "We want Ambrose". If Reigns wins, which I sadly think he will the fans should pelt the ring with garbage. Yeah, good luck WWE with RAW being in places like Brooklyn, Philadelphia and Chicago before Wrestlemania. Fans are going to boo Roman Reigns and seeing him get booed out of the building will be funny.

Again, you saying Roman sucks is your opinion, not fact. Just because he gets carried doesn't mean he sucks. It means he can be carried and has the potential to get better in the future. And really, Triple H chants and Ambrose chants are the best you can do? There would be more impact in a "F*** You Roman" chant or a completely silent crowd. And the last time WWE was in Philly, Roman got a very good reaction, not sure about Chicago or Brooklyn. I do not think he will be booed out of the building, and even so, just because fans are booing someone doesn't mean they suck. In this case, it's the booking that's been terrible. He made the League of Nations look completely useless days into their formation. As I said before, you're opinions aren't fact.

Again, you saying Roman sucks is your opinion, not fact. Just because he gets carried doesn't mean he sucks. It means he can be carried and has the potential to get better in the future. And really, Triple H chants and Ambrose chants are the best you can do? There would be more impact in a "F*** You Roman" chant or a completely silent crowd. And the last time WWE was in Philly, Roman got a very good reaction, not sure about Chicago or Brooklyn. I do not think he will be booed out of the building, and even so, just because fans are booing someone doesn't mean they suck. In this case, it's the booking that's been terrible. He made the League of Nations look completely useless days into their formation. As I said before, you're opinions aren't fact.

That really pissed me off, The League of Nations had potential to be awesome, they easily could have been the next Evolution but no WWE feeds them to Roman "no talent" Reigns. Roman Reigns is a crappy and boring wrestler. His matches suck and his promos suck even worse. He has quoted Loony Toons in his promos ffs. Roman Reigns should have been the one member of the Shield who became forgotten. A shame his NFL career never took off. If it had we would not be stuck with Reigns being Superman pushed just because he is The Rock's cousin. I hate Roman Reigns because he is a blight on WWE and the whole wrestling industry. He deserves nothing but contempt. Him getting booed despite being a face would send a message to WWE. I have disliked John Cena for years but if Roman Reigns was put in a feud with John Cena, I would be 100 percent behind Cena. Coming from a long time smark should tell you how much I despise Reigns.

The following is what I think WWE feels (Not necessarily me, chill):

WWE is a public traded company, they need to make as much money as possible. Here's the thing they have got us, right? Whether you like it or not for most of you a bad RAW isn't going to make you completely stop watching the product. Some how some way you will be back whether its through NXT, Mania or 3 minute clips of New Day on the internet. YOU ARE GOING TO BE WATCHING (Well the majority of you anyway). Reigns is a safe bet with the kids, kids are going to buy his merch in crazy numbers.

But heres where I think WWE are a little bit silly with that, Dean Ambrose could be just as over with the kids as Reigns is.

In the next 6 weeks Roman is going to have the toughest challenge ever, he is going to have to get over with the smarks. Good luck Roman, good luck.

That really pissed me off, The League of Nations had potential to be awesome, they easily could have been the next Evolution but no WWE feeds them to Roman "no talent" Reigns. Roman Reigns is a crappy and boring wrestler. His matches suck and his promos suck even worse. He has quoted Loony Toons in his promos ffs. Roman Reigns should have been the one member of the Shield who became forgotten. A shame his NFL career never took off. If it had we would not be stuck with Reigns being Superman pushed just because he is The Rock's cousin. I hate Roman Reigns because he is a blight on WWE and the whole wrestling industry. He deserves nothing but contempt. Him getting booed despite being a face would send a message to WWE. I have disliked John Cena for years but if Roman Reigns was put in a feud with John Cena, I would be 100 percent behind Cena. Coming from a long time smark should tell you how much I despise Reigns.

I feel like you just turned heel :D Its your opinion buddy, but I do feel bad for you though. Lets say you don't like Reigns, RAW is unwatchable. Its Reigns 100% of the show, that is a bit ridiculous.

By the way watch RAW tonight, something awesome is happening.

The following is what I think WWE feels (Not necessarily me, chill):

WWE is a public traded company, they need to make as much money as possible. Here's the thing they have got us, right? Whether you like it or not for most of you a bad RAW isn't going to make you completely stop watching the product. Some how some way you will be back whether its through NXT, Mania or 3 minute clips of New Day on the internet. YOU ARE GOING TO BE WATCHING (Well the majority of you anyway). Reigns is a safe bet with the kids, kids are going to buy his merch in crazy numbers.

But heres where I think WWE are a little bit silly with that, Dean Ambrose could be just as over with the kids as Reigns is.

In the next 6 weeks Roman is going to have the toughest challenge ever, he is going to have to get over with the smarks. Good luck Roman, good luck.

I doubt he will win the smarks over. I know for damn sure he is never winning THIS smark over. I also agree Dean Ambrose could be just as over with casuals as Roman Reigns is. Casual fans are for the most part programmable. They can be conditioned to like or dislike who WWE tells them to.

It sounds... interesting? I'm not sure how they'll write themselves out of this one though. Does Shane actually beat Taker at Mania, or does Taker squash this angle and any possible chance we have at a break from monotony?

I'm also not sure how I feel about shaking things up in a stale product with... more McMahon family drama?

Shane has to win. Just has to. If he's one-and-done in this story, it would be the dumbest thing in the history of wrestling. The babyface hero returning after years to take control back from the evil authority and failing at the biggest event of the year? That'd be ridiculous.

So yeah, he's probably going to lose. Damn it.