The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Smasher1311" data-cite="Smasher1311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Also, watching Japanese wrestling regularly doesn't cut it for me (I do love watching it occasionally), and I'm not familiar enough to Mexican wrestling. Call me an idiot or a hypocrite or anything, but it's just my mindset, I'm not trying to hurt anybody from the forums with these words, so I'll just ask for respect if someone replies to this, because there's a history of people taking what I say too seriously or simply misunderstanding (For example, when I gave my opinion about the DOTM) my words in here and insulting me as a result of it. I won't leave the forums and will still write for them (after all, I like telling stories), and will still watch older stuff, because I will never stop loving wrestling. But current wrestling just isn't fit for me to watch. I apologize if this ''rant'' enraged any of you, I just had to say all of this.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Try Lucha Underground. The show has its own lore that starts at episode 1 and the wrestling style is Lucha under American rules. It's something easy to watch. Every episode has 1 good match and the plot moves along with very very little filler. I would put more as a TV series than a wrestling show.</p>

<p>Cody's Twitter statement pretty much confirmed what we all knew.</p><p> </p><p>

He wanted to be Cody Rhodes and not Stardust. It wasn't a case of not being pushed, it was a case of not being listened to (thanks Voices of Wrestling for that line) even though he had numerous people in his corner fighting for him. He was basically told that wrestling Apollo Crews on the C-show was "his role in the play" and that the play depended on everybody playing their role well.</p><p> </p><p>

Whilst I don't think he was immensely talented nor capable to carrying WWE in terms of being a headliner, he did his best with what was given to him. I remember The Rhodes Family rivalry with The Shield fondly, I thought he was spectacular as a babyface against The Authority and it seemed a natural suit for him going forward. I'm sad that I'll never get to see that materialize because they sorely miss personable babyfaces and Cody would have been fantastic in that role. But obviously management had other ideas... the dreaded Stardust gimmick. He tried but I think his stinker against Goldust was the nail in the coffin in terms of him ever being on an upward curve ever again. That and his heatless rivalry with Sandow that obviously didn't materialize as expected.</p><p> </p><p>

In terms of where he goes next, he says he'll wrestle. I could see him in TNA, which would be his best bet but would only further the narrative of TNA using ex-WWE guys. But where else can give him the platform he needs? ROH's taping schedule and such is so haphazard that he'll barely get the chance to cut a promo let alone appear weekly on national television. Maybe LU? But they make their own characters, is there even a spot of Cody Rhodes there? I don't know, I really don't know where he'll go now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mootinie" data-cite="Mootinie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know, I really don't know where he'll go now.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> The line I thought was most interesting was : <em>There's a whole world of film and television and the stage that I might find I have a knack for(maybe I even already got an offer)</em></p><p> </p><p> Sounds like he may want to try his hand at acting.</p>

<p>Good god Vince's BS infuriates me! All of these talented workers are being wasted and thrown to the side to be fed to Roman.....I was going to watch Extreme Rules but after hearing about Cody....I'm just not in the mood. Sandow and Cody are two very big injustices. It looks like I pulled my subscription just in time.</p><p> </p><p>

I wish there was somebody that was truly credible to stand up and compete with them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mootinie" data-cite="Mootinie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In terms of where he goes next, he says he'll wrestle. I could see him in TNA, which would be his best bet but would only further the narrative of TNA using ex-WWE guys. But where else can give him the platform he needs? ROH's taping schedule and such is so haphazard that he'll barely get the chance to cut a promo let alone appear weekly on national television. Maybe LU? But they make their own characters, is there even a spot of Cody Rhodes there? I don't know, I really don't know where he'll go now.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He could get a ROH/NJPW dual contract that a lot of people have. He could do a great gaijin babyface for NJPW simply going by his looks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rickymex" data-cite="Rickymex" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He could get a ROH/NJPW dual contract that a lot of people have. He could do a great gaijin babyface for NJPW simply going by his looks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cody in NJPW/ROH would be nice especially if he DOESN'T JOIN THE BULLET CLUB like every American who goes to NJPW. Maybe with Cody leaving Ryback essentially going home like Punk more guys on the roster will decide they're not going to just play the part they're given and leave which would in turn lead to creative changes and wait what am I thinking this is the WWE half the roster could walk out and Vince would still stay the course.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Good god Vince's BS infuriates me! All of these talented workers are being wasted and thrown to the side to be fed to Roman.....I was going to watch Extreme Rules but after hearing about Cody....I'm just not in the mood. Sandow and Cody are two very big injustices. It looks like I pulled my subscription just in time.<p> </p><p> <strong>I wish there was somebody that was truly credible to stand up and compete with them.</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well give them credit, at least they didn't get squashed by Roman.</p><p> </p><p> But seriously. I don't think that's ever going to happen, and even so; it's very unlikely to be in this life.</p><p> </p><p> A lot has to go right for a wrestling promotion; they need to have money, talent and good production values, but most importantly; they need to have star power. A promotion can have the best wrestlers in the world, but if there's no one that screams 'it' factor; then what chance do they have of being a competitor?</p><p> </p><p> In fact, bit of a complaint; but I kind of have an issue with the argument of WWE needing competition to be good, while I'll agree that it's important for a business to have a competitor in some form; it is not the final solution to making something better than it was before.</p><p> </p><p> There are other solutions to fixing the problems, like hiring new writers, pushing people that are good in the ring and connect with the audience, having quality matches, giving newer stars a chance; THAT'S what can help a promotion in the long run.</p><p> </p><p> Making a competitor is like going all in during a game of Poker, do you want to save it for an opportune time or will you go at it head first and hope for the best? The wrestling world is always changing, there are no easy answers for anything. The answer that was right yesterday could be wrong today.</p><p> </p><p> So unless if you are a benevolent billionaire who loves wrestling and wants to make a promotion just because they want to stick it to WWE and change the landscape, the chances of that ever happening are very slim. (But hey! That's why we have TEW for, am I right?)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There are other solutions to fixing the problems, like hiring new writers, pushing people that are good in the ring and connect with the audience, having quality matches, giving newer stars a chance; THAT'S what can help a promotion in the long run.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 100% agree with this right here. Another issue is that Vince is surrounded by "yes men" (Kevin Dunn) who aren't gonna risk telling him one of his ideas isn't pure gold.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smurphy1014" data-cite="smurphy1014" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>100% agree with this right here. Another issue is that Vince is surrounded by "yes men" (Kevin Dunn) who aren't gonna risk telling him one of his ideas isn't pure gold.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A sad reality, but there are always going to be "yes men" telling someone to go on while others say to stop and think.</p><p> </p><p> I think this is actually the biggest reason why having a true competitor to WWE would be difficult. What if the person running the company had friends that also loved wrestling and wanted to help, but those guys were always telling him that his ideas were amazing and that nothing he makes isn't genius?</p><p> </p><p> We've seen this happen before with WCW, TNA and even NWA. And while it happens in WWE a lot too, at least it wasn't to the level of those promotions. If your promotion has a ton of people kissing up to you, your promotion is going to be dead on arrival and be nothing less than a footprint in history</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A sad reality, but there are always going to be "yes men" telling someone to go on while others say to stop and think.<p> </p><p> I think this is actually the biggest reason why having a true competitor to WWE would be difficult. What if the person running the company had friends that also loved wrestling and wanted to help, but those guys were always telling him that his ideas were amazing and that nothing he makes isn't genius?</p><p> </p><p> I think i've made my case.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Very true. Or you have a case like WCW before Bischoff took over where you have executives who have no idea on how to run a wrestling company telling the booker what to do.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smurphy1014" data-cite="smurphy1014" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Very true. Or you have a case like WCW before Bischoff took over where you have executives who have no idea on how to run a wrestling company telling the booker who to push.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I just now realized that. XD.</p><p> </p><p> Now changing up the topic, how's the show going for everyone?</p>

I can't even pretend to care about Roman Reigns. He gets beat up, takes 10 chair shots, and wins. It's not even fun to boo him anymore. It's like they don't even care,they're doing what they want and patting themselves on the back, while the crowd is sending a clear message. I'm not going to cancel my network subscription, I like all of the stuff they have. I'm just going to start turning the shows off before the main event. I feel defeated and like I want to give up. And that really blows seeing as how I am a huge pro wrestling fan.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Findlay" data-cite="Findlay" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can't even pretend to care about Roman Reigns. He gets beat up, takes 10 chair shots, and wins. It's not even fun to boo him anymore. It's like they don't even care,they're doing what they want and patting themselves on the back, while the crowd is sending a clear message. I'm not going to cancel my network subscription, I like all of the stuff they have. I'm just going to start turning the shows off before the main event. I feel defeated and like I want to give up. And that really blows seeing as how I am a huge pro wrestling fan.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It was super disappointing to have him take 2 Styles Clashes then hit one of his weak spears and Styles was done.</p><p> </p><p> Rollins though!!!</p>

Rollins was awesome. That was epic, I agree. Roman just doesn't have that pull me in big match feel. He sucked at Mania 32, that match was dreadful, and last month was the same match as this month. I really just don't want to watch him.

<p>Does WWE even have "good guys" and "bad guys" anymore? The New Day are supposed to be heels, but all of a sudden will act like faces or wrestle other heels, and fans love them. Roman Reigns acts like a heel, is supposed to be face, and the fans boo him. Seth Rollins returns, attacks Reigns, gets a huge pop from the fans. AJ is loved by fans, but has the (heel) Club behind him. The Usos attacked AJ in that match, but aren't they babyfaces? </p><p> </p><p>

It's seriously like the WWE doesn't care anymore.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="claxton110381" data-cite="claxton110381" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does WWE even have "good guys" and "bad guys" anymore? The New Day are supposed to be heels, but all of a sudden will act like faces or wrestle other heels, and fans love them. Roman Reigns acts like a heel, is supposed to be face, and the fans boo him. Seth Rollins returns, attacks Reigns, gets a huge pop from the fans. AJ is loved by fans, but has the (heel) Club behind him. The Usos attacked AJ in that match, but aren't they babyfaces? <p> </p><p> It's seriously like the WWE doesn't care anymore.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They don't care at all. They care about doing what they want. I think the babyfaces and heels in the fans minds aren't the ones in WWE's mind. And they don't even stop for a second to think. They listened to the fans though, and made The New Day babyfaces because of their response. So about Roman's response.....?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Findlay" data-cite="Findlay" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They don't care at all. They care about doing what they want. I think the babyfaces and heels in the fans minds aren't the ones in WWE's mind. And they don't even stop for a second to think. They listened to the fans though, and made The New Day babyfaces because of their response. So about Roman's response.....?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I still think the Reigns turn is coming. Vince can't be that blind to not see Reigns needs to be a heel. But then again it is Vince so....</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smurphy1014" data-cite="smurphy1014" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I still think the Reigns turn is coming. Vince can't be that blind to not see Reigns needs to be a heel. But then again it is Vince so....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Isn't the damage done though? I mean come on. I just don't want to see the guy period. He's been booked so poorly for so long, I just don't care. If he goes heel, I won't cheer or boo him, I will just continue to not care.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smurphy1014" data-cite="smurphy1014" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I still think the Reigns turn is coming. Vince can't be that blind to not see Reigns needs to be a heel. But then again it is Vince so....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well it looks like I didn't miss a thing by not watching Extreme Rules....but all Vince sees is $$$$ from the merch Roman sells to children. Just like Cena he won't turn them heel no matter how much the majority want it at this point.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Findlay" data-cite="Findlay" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Isn't the damage done though? I mean come on. I just don't want to see the guy period. He's been booked so poorly for so long, I just don't care. If he goes heel, I won't cheer or boo him, I will just continue to not care.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Depends on how much longer they wait to be honest. With Rollins return (and you know he'll be cheered) this is the perfect time to do it. You could turn the Usos at the same time. If they wait much longer, than I agree the damage will have been done.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well it looks like I didn't miss a thing by not watching Extreme Rules....but all Vince sees is $$$$ from the merch Roman sells to children. Just like Cena he won't turn them heel no matter how much the majority want it at this point.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The tornado tag match was pretty good. And the 4 way IC match was incredible. Everything after that suffered. The main event was good, not great though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smurphy1014" data-cite="smurphy1014" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The tornado tag match was pretty good. And the 4 way IC match was incredible. Everything after that suffered. The main event was good, not great though.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, the 4 way was awesome, so much so that everything after that fell flat for me. That Jericho/Ambrose match felt like it went on forever.</p>

I thought the first 2/3 of the PPV was really good - only Charlotte/Natalya and the main event left something to be desired. Jericho/Ambrose had the unenviable task of going on after that IC Title match and I'd say it delivered. It served its purpose. Rusev/Kalisto was a great showing for Rusev (to set him up to get Super Cena'd again). The Tornado Tag match was good. And Crossfit Jesus.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Crychon" data-cite="Crychon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, the 4 way was awesome, so much so that everything after that fell flat for me. That Jericho/Ambrose match felt like it went on forever.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The IC title match and the Asylum match stole the show. Reigns winning made me sick. AJ Styles should have won. He is much more over than Reigns is.</p>