The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lazorbeak" data-cite="lazorbeak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did you just not watch Wrestlemania or the Raw after?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Meaning? He didn't turn heel. All is the same, except that now he's going for Lesnar.</p>

<p>Though for a post-Mania RAW it was quite average, Emma will surely make RAW great again in the coming weeks. Let the Emmalution begin!</p><p> </p><p>

The Reigns promo cracked me up. The fans kept on booing/taunting him, only to retort with a sole statement. That was masterfully done. I honestly expected them to come up with some other lame speech about 'Mania, so this was a surprise. Maybe there'll be a heel turn in the distant future.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Though for a post-Mania RAW it was quite average, Emma will surely make RAW great again in the coming weeks. Let the Emmalution begin!<p> </p><p> The Reigns promo cracked me up. The fans kept on booing/taunting him, only to retort with a sole statement. That was masterfully done. I honestly expected them to come up with some other lame speech about 'Mania, so this was a surprise. Maybe there'll be a heel turn in the distant future.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I loved the Reigns "promo", absolutely perfect for the crowd last night. I did mark out when The Revival showed up. #topguys</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> The Reigns promo cracked me up. The fans kept on booing/taunting him, only to retort with a sole statement. That was masterfully done. I honestly expected them to come up with some other lame speech about 'Mania, so this was a surprise. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What I think is that if they would have kept Reigns character like that from the start, he would have gotten over huge. The guy has badass look, he should behave like one. Brooding all the way, running in, giving spears or SP's to his opponents who are dissing him; making his actions do the talking and when he get the mic, he only speaks one or two lines.</p><p> </p><p> Nakamura had great debut. Hoping for great things from revival Vs Hardys.</p>

Oh....wait Matt didn't own the gimmick he came up with? That is kinda of @#$%ed

Anthem is claiming they own it even though Matt's wife is saying she not only created it (and has video proof) and patented it weeks before they left Impact. She's gone on a couple of epic twitter rants against them and that d@mn owl.

Nice to see Dillinger debut, but they screwed up a good teaser by not letting Hawkins do the actual 10-count. A pity. The debut of Nakamura could've done without the violin. Not that it's not a special occasion, but I assume it felt kinda awkward for non-NXT viewers. A pity, but I guess it's great they got to score with some good debuts.

I did like the Dean Ambrose Vs Baron Corbin match from Smackdown, why couldn't have they had a match that good at Wrestlemania? Anyway, the only way to salvage Reigns is to turn him heel and just make him the top heel. He is never going to be over as a face a this point.

He is basically a heel at this point. He was the heel against 'Taker and he'll be the heel against Lesnar. Ridiculous btw how the stupid announcers remarked that the fans would cheer who they normally wouldn't cheer for, only because they expected Randy to get some heat for sucking the momentum out of the Wyatts... even more.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smurphy1014" data-cite="smurphy1014" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anthem is claiming they own it even though Matt's wife is saying she not only created it (and has video proof) and patented it weeks before they left Impact. She's gone on a couple of epic twitter rants against them and that d@mn owl.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Business practices like this will make sure that they never become relevant. This is one of the reasons that ROH is starting to pass them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Business practices like this will make sure that they never become relevant. This is one of the reasons that ROH is starting to pass them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> TNA has put on great shows though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Business practices like this will make sure that they never become relevant. This is one of the reasons that ROH is starting to pass them.</div></blockquote><p> Even though ROH just set their all-time attendance record, I'm worried about their long-time health. They are hemorrhaging talent at a rate I can't ever remember seeing.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ok kinda questioning why the Hardys aren't broken? That is the gimmick that re got them over. Is WWE afraid of trying to explain it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smurphy1014" data-cite="smurphy1014" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anthem is claiming they own it even though Matt's wife is saying she not only created it (and has video proof) and patented it weeks before they left Impact. She's gone on a couple of epic twitter rants against them and that d@mn owl.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why would WWE introduce the Hardyz as broken, when all it does is send their fans out looking for this content they can't monetize? Better to re-introduce them to fans that haven't seen them in six-seven years and the generation that is too young to have seen any of their 1999-2001 run, sell a DVD in Best Buy that collects their stuff in six dvds or whatever, then in a few months, do your own version. It's like asking why WWE didn't mention that CM Punk had already done the Summer of Punk before, years earlier, for another company.</p><p> </p><p> They'll work out whatever legal issues there are and do the same or similar shtick within the year. And you trademark a character, you don't patent it. I don't really think Impact has much of a leg to stand on, considering he owns the trademark, and Matt Hardy is his real name, not a gimmicked one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Simon Gotch was released (mutual agreement). Waste of a decent tag team. Vince pretty much made sure Vaudeveillians and Ascension were DOA on the main roster. The "got his kicked by Sin Cara" burial was the final nail in Gotch's coffin.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am guessing Aiden English is next to go, or he will be repackaged.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Warhawk8492" data-cite="Warhawk8492" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am guessing Aiden English is next to go, or he will be repackaged.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Considering Gotch had backstage issues and English is bigger, younger, and married to a Guerrero, I'll bet he just disappears for a few weeks and comes back with a new gimmick, possibly on NXT.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lazorbeak" data-cite="lazorbeak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Considering Gotch had backstage issues and English is bigger, younger, and married to a Guerrero, I'll bet he just disappears for a few weeks and comes back with a new gimmick, possibly on NXT.</div></blockquote><p> I agree. English is still, what? 29, 30? Still have enough time ahead. A year of establishing his new character at NXT before returning to the main roster will be nice, methinks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="evileddie10" data-cite="evileddie10" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I liked his singing gimmick. I hope he brings it back.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah that should get plenty of mainstream heat! I loved that gimmick and thought he was a great heel because of it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rone Rivendale" data-cite="Rone Rivendale" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Gotch tweeted saying the rumors are false and he's still with WWE.</div></blockquote><p> He didn't, he denied scrupulous individual details but he's put out his booking info and said that one day he'll clear up details regarding his departure.</p>