The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I think WWE figured Charlotte could take the loss through cash-in better than Asuka. Losing 'the Streak' is way better in a 4 star match with Charlotte, than a 10 second cash-in from 'Mella.

I happen to agree.

If Carmella took the streak via cash in she would've had instant heat with the crowd that could have been drug out for months. She could have easily dangled that over her head for months (especially them being on different shows).

If Carmella took the streak via cash in she would've had instant heat with the crowd that could have been drug out for months. She could have easily dangled that over her head for months (especially them being on different shows).

I think they let Charlotte win partially because they wanted to swerve us, and partially to give Charlotte another convincing accolade to build her up for the eventual Ronda Rousey match that may happen at next years Mania.

I think they let Charlotte win partially because they wanted to swerve us, and partially to give Charlotte another convincing accolade to build her up for the eventual Ronda Rousey match that may happen at next years Mania.

Yeah but if neither the announcers nor the person themselves mentions they took a 2 year old streak it makes the whole thing meaningless. It makes as much sense as giving the IC title to Ryder at Mania just to take it away from him the RAW after. WWE got one whole Snickers promo out of that before moving on lol.

I would have preferred Carmella cashing in on Nia after she won since it seems like they're moving Alexa over to the blue brand. Nia has become a great babyface with the crowd firmly behind her. Carmella cashing in would have gotten so much heat just by ruining a feel good moment.

I love Carmella and am happy they realize she's a great heel. She's not the best in ring worker, but her character work is great. I just think Asuka's streak shouldn't have been broken by an established worker.

I just think Asuka's streak shouldn't have been broken by an established worker.

Well it has its pro's and con's. Charlotte's more than willing to take a loss sometimes to rub other workers. In a way the essence of the streak is absorbed by her and rubs along. It's best that they keep Asuka's aura of undefeatedness for a while instead or giving her the 50-50 treatment now. Then the wins over her will be almost as meaningful as the streak-ending one.

I would have preferred Carmella cashing in on Nia after she won since it seems like they're moving Alexa over to the blue brand. Nia has become a great babyface with the crowd firmly behind her. Carmella cashing in would have gotten so much heat just by ruining a feel good moment.

I love Carmella and am happy they realize she's a great heel. She's not the best in ring worker, but her character work is great. I just think Asuka's streak shouldn't have been broken by an established worker.

But Carmella won the briefcase on Smackdown therefore could only cash it in ON SMACKDOWN. Seriously why are people not grasping this fact?

But Carmella won the briefcase on Smackdown therefore could only cash it in ON SMACKDOWN. Seriously why are people not grasping this fact?

Because WWE rarely does what they say they're going to do? They said Nakamura was going to main event Wrestlemania countless times, yet where was the match on the card?

All it would have taken is one of the GM's say something in a promo about how she can cash in on any women's champ.

Because WWE rarely does what they say they're going to do? They said Nakamura was going to main event Wrestlemania countless times, yet where was the match on the card?

All it would have taken is one of the GM's say something in a promo about how she can cash in on any women's champ.

The third to last match on the card, also the last match offered by SD. By technicality, this would count as SD's main event for the show.

Something tells me last year was a test run for the concept and that this year their going to expand the concept for RAW as well.

The third to last match on the card, also the last match offered by SD. By technicality, this would count as SD's main event for the show.

Something tells me last year was a test run for the concept and that this year their going to expand the concept for RAW as well.

MITB is, like the rest, a dual branded event now. So I'm sure there's gonna be 2 briefcases again, one per brand. Well, 4 now, including the women's cases.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>MITB is, like the rest, a dual branded event now. So I'm sure there's gonna be 2 briefcases again, one per brand. Well, 4 now, including the women's cases.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's sort of what I meant by expanding to RAW. For the best really, more opportunities for more stars.</p>

What they should do is have one case - 3 women from Raw, 3 from Smackdown (or 4 and 4 if you can do it in a match). And whenever the person cashes in they're on that show (e.g. Carmella cashes in on Nia Jax, she's on Raw now, or she can cash in on SD and stay there).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What they should do is have one case - 3 women from Raw, 3 from Smackdown (or 4 and 4 if you can do it in a match). And whenever the person cashes in they're on that show (e.g. Carmella cashes in on Nia Jax, she's on Raw now, or she can cash in on SD and stay there).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> True. Otherwise it just becomes an overdose of an already meh gimmick match that has reached its creative peak by now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>True. Otherwise it just becomes an overdose of an already meh gimmick match that has reached its creative peak by now.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking it's a tired concept at this point. Good for Carmella, by all accounts she's a lovely, intelligent person. MITB aside, does anybody think she was ever going to win the Women's Championship on her own merit? I have my doubts.</p>

I would like to see the holder of that call their shot (like RVD did way back when). Even if it isn't against a particular champ, but say "I'm using it for _______ PPV" or do something shocking like use it the same night like Kane did. Otherwise there's all this 'suspense' for something that's already tired: Grueling match for champion, cash in, title change. Or they win the briefcase and then lose it somehow (why would you put it on the line to begin with?).

The only thing that remains that I'd like to see is the holder just appearing out of nowhere to interrupt a championship match by smacking the title holder with the briefcase, causing the DQ and prompting the easy cash-in. Maybe it happened before (during WWE's shitty years) and I missed it, but this seems the most logical use (in pro wrestling "logic" mind you) and should get them major heel heat if done properly (meaning: right after a finish setup). It's also an easy way to get a title from one heel to another.

Not that WWE would ever do it, but I'd like to see the holder of the briefcase earn a title shot a different way, maybe do 2 matches in one night using the case, something of that nature. Or, wildly, the MitB contract holder is simultaneously the champ and wins the belt, then wields the case as a threat for a rematch if the belt is lost? Lots of creative room left in that direction, potentially.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not that WWE would ever do it, but I'd like to see the holder of the briefcase earn a title shot a different way, maybe do 2 matches in one night using the case, something of that nature. Or, wildly, the MitB contract holder is simultaneously the champ and wins the belt, then wields the case as a threat for a rematch if the belt is lost? Lots of creative room left in that direction, potentially.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like your last idea, only former champions already get a automatic rematch when they lose their belts.</p>

<p>Nakamura's new theme remix is killer. Well the clean version at least.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/7uP5cpdXaHg?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Watch the music video for Shinsuke Nakamura's new entrance theme by Shadows of The Sun"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p>

Big Cass cut a good promo! Not bad for the so-called weakest link of Smackdown after the shake-up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nakamura's new theme remix is killer. Well the clean version at least.<p> </p><p> </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/7uP5cpdXaHg?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Watch the music video for Shinsuke Nakamura's new entrance theme by Shadows of The Sun"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p> Big Cass cut a good promo! Not bad for the so-called weakest link of Smackdown after the shake-up.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Vocals are terrible. Flat out garbage sounding and I don't mean that because it's not in English, but because it just doesn't fit Nakamura in my head.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nakamura's new theme remix is killer. Well the clean version at least.<p> </p><p> </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/7uP5cpdXaHg?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Watch the music video for Shinsuke Nakamura's new entrance theme by Shadows of The Sun"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p> Big Cass cut a good promo! Not bad for the so-called weakest link of Smackdown after the shake-up.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I still think Cass' promo was meh. It wasn't bad, but it's probably the best he's gonna do. Either way, he's not my cup of tea for now.</p>