The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

http://i33.tinypic.com/2guwi78.jpg

The Miz’s stock with WWE officials continues to surge, with the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reporting that his recent appearance on “Lopez Tonight” furthered the company’s interest in treating him as a key player for the company.

The story explained that Miz “tearing the house down on the George Lopez show” increased WWE’s desire to go “all the way with him” as a star. His promo work, including the mid-show interview during WWE Summerslam, continues to receive strong reviews.

– WWE management is also high on debuting Superstar Alberto Del Rio. While some wrestlers feel he is aloof backstage, management has been very receptive to his work so far, a reaction undoubtedly furthered by the feeling that the company needs to create a backup Hispanic star given the lack of clarity regarding Rey Mysterio’s WWE future over the very long-term.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter at F4WOnline.com

I actually like Del Rio so far. Fairly standard gimmick, but it seems to work for him. Plus, anyone who gets their head kicked in by Mirko Crocop gets extra points in my book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH0HrH8RpFU

Love that fight. It doesn't even look like the kick really catches him... until you see the blood start to pour down his face pretty much immediately. The extra punch from Mirko is fun as well.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2guwi78.jpg

The Miz’s stock with WWE officials continues to surge, with the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reporting that his recent appearance on “Lopez Tonight” furthered the company’s interest in treating him as a key player for the company.

The story explained that Miz “tearing the house down on the George Lopez show” increased WWE’s desire to go “all the way with him” as a star. His promo work, including the mid-show interview during WWE Summerslam, continues to receive strong reviews.

– WWE management is also high on debuting Superstar Alberto Del Rio. While some wrestlers feel he is aloof backstage, management has been very receptive to his work so far, a reaction undoubtedly furthered by the feeling that the company needs to create a backup Hispanic star given the lack of clarity regarding Rey Mysterio’s WWE future over the very long-term.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter at F4WOnline.com

Just was curious of the pic. Didn't know what it was.

ugh these Diva matches are so annoying nowadays. They seem to never serve any purpose. Hmmm..saying that will probably get someone else to say 'when has there ever been a purpose' well when there were actual women wrestlers in WWE. They don't do anything for them and they're even more annoying on Pay Per View shows. They'll totally not book an Intercontinental, US or even tag team match just so they can have a divas match and...cringe sometimes they'll have more than one.

Well, your point of view on the last part is sure condemning, saying they don't book IC/US title matches "just so" they can have divas matches. We all know divas have and will always be part of the show, despite how horrible or boring they get. Think it's unfair to place the blame of lack of midcard title bouts on them. While they're hardly entertaining, I think it'd send a worse message if they completely fazed them off(not just a message directed towards the WWE audience, but the talent and higher-ups as well).

They just have to gut it out and hopefully.. eventually, they make or show something worth watching in the division. Right now, I'm also in switch the channel mode(or rather, pause the stream).

ugh shut up, Cole. Your boylove for Miz is repulsive. Make up your freaking mind. 'Oh I only think Miz is an arrogant ass if Daniel Bryan isn't involved!' Bryan is the FACE and Miz is the HEEL jeez even J.R. could stay consistent with playing fair games to the faces.

ugh these Diva matches are so annoying nowadays. They seem to never serve any purpose. Hmmm..saying that will probably get someone else to say 'when has there ever been a purpose' well when there were actual women wrestlers in WWE. They don't do anything for them and they're even more annoying on Pay Per View shows. They'll totally not book an Intercontinental, US or even tag team match just so they can have a divas match and...cringe sometimes they'll have more than one.

Well, your point of view on the last part is sure condemning, saying they don't book IC/US title matches "just so" they can have divas matches. We all know divas have and will always be part of the show, despite how horrible or boring they get. Think it's unfair to place the blame of lack of midcard title bouts on them. While they're hardly entertaining, I think it'd send a worse message if they completely fazed them off(not just a message directed towards the WWE audience, but the talent and higher-ups as well).

They just have to gut it out and hopefully.. eventually, they make or show something worth watching in the division. Right now, I'm also in switch the channel mode(or rather, pause the stream).

I think the problem is that most people are only really concerned with the main title. I might care, you might care, but the majority are only worried about certain stars (which are ussually main eventers) or the belt. So they give the belt to a mid-carder (Shamus), and use mid-carders against ME' talent, that has no use for a midcard title. Makes sense, not the way I'd do it, but it makes sense to me.

They are building everyone up at once, is how it looks to me. Later maybe these other belts will mean more.

As for the ladies, they have two shows and two belts. They always have something going on, and it's the only one on each show that matter's for women. The women are seperate from the men, for the most part. So they are worked on seperately.

It's not like the midcarders are not getting in on the PPV action. Didn't six of them just main event?

I quoted both, because I'm not trying to pick on anyone at all here. I can understand frustration if your favorite belt is the US or Intercontinental, or even the tag team championship or something. However, if it's saying that the midcard action is being put in the background for the women, I really don't think that's true. Maybe the title's, but not the people themselves.

Maybe because it ain't time yet. They're doing it one step at a time. I honestly expected a triple threat with Orton or Cena but this makes more sense - the more star power for the PPV, the better. And to be honest, this presents the perfect opportunity for Barrett to escape with the title.

If they weren't stuck with their stupid mindset of gimmicking PPVs, we could've probably had an EC match going on here. A shame.