The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Gerwick.net

According to Boxofficemojo.com the newest WWE Films release “Knucklehead” only made $75.00 total between the six theaters it opened in this past weekend. This is by far the lowest grossing WWE Films release to date.

Now I can understand that this movie wasnt going to set the box office on fire and was seen only in six theaters but $75 bucks between them is a joke lol. TBH the movie looks like crap

75.00? i find that a little hard to believe.......maybe 7500 but 75.00? that is 7 and a half tickets *atleast the pices at my movie theater*. there have to be more then 7 wwe fans who wanted to see that lol. Even if it was only in six theaters.

In all fairness, I didn't realize it was already in any theaters. Still, $75 does seem low as crap. That's the only number I've been able to find too. Surely that can't be the case.

Why even release a movie if it's only going to show in six movie theatre's anyways? Why not just forget the theatre, and go for DVD (which is coming out already I think).

From just the previews, to me it looks like it might be the funniest/best release WWE has made so far.... I mean, it looks funny, I don't know if it actually is. Just saying, that even if I didn't know who Big Show was, or the WWE, I think I would watch it... just because it looks funny.

I don't believe I ever see any of their commercials on anything but their program, which probably doesn't help them at all... As long as the only people know are the people that watch the show, they are going to be limited alot. It's almost as though they think they are more popular then they actually are. A good solid commercial played like other movie's are (I mean come on... they could get as much people to watch as Drag me to Hell did, couldn't they?), I would think they might get quite a bit more viewers.

If they only made 75 bucks all together in six theatre's, then it probably only showed one time... at least I would hope. I think I could make a movie and get more viewers then that...... without any commercial broadcasts... in one theatre.

Limited showings on two days only - afternoons as well, I believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zyzzyx_Road covers a film that had a similar return, although in that case it was a deliberate decision on the maker's part.

Knucklehead is coming out on DVD/BR in a couple of weeks' time, so I guess it's a case of testing the waters for a theatrical release by WWE Films for future prospects (the Tiple H film?)