The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Who is this Ken Shamrock you speak of? Will he be watching alongside the rest of the WWE Universe as The Undertaker and Triple H meet at Wrestlemania for the very first time?

And as Snooki teams with John Morrison - who when I looked at pictures thought it was Tyler Black. I mean the facial hair is the same. They both have the brooding look going on. JoMo for TyBlack's pro on NXT someday!

You could say, technically Ken Shamrock only worked for the WWF he was never employed when they became the E and hasn't been since, so technically he wasn't an MMA crossover in the WWE, he was one in the WWF.

I had that thought.

Who is this Ken Shamrock you speak of? Will he be watching alongside the rest of the WWE Universe as The Undertaker and Triple H meet at Wrestlemania for the very first time?

Hey, now, they haven't said very first time...

...they just haven't acknowledged the other time.

Honestly, I keep expecting it to come up. Someone, somewhere, has got to mention it - if only as a sly aside to HHH backstage or something (a la the Katie Vick references). It's not like they're trying to pretend 2001 never happened - the whole point of the match is that these guys have 35 years in the WWF/E between them, and they've been there and done that since before Stephanie was more than a catalogue model.

I meant that it wasn't legit. It was real fighting but it wasn't really looked at as a sport. Sorry.

Well, that's true. But the thing was, MMA was hot back then... it was just the legality of it was in question. The question of whther it was legit or real was there, but it was most legality.

The question of whther it was legit or real was there, but it was most legality.

I think the majority of people who thought it was worked back then were wrestlers. Come to think of it, most of the people who ever questioned the legitimacy of UFC/MMA were wrestlers. Then again, a lot of wrestlers were convinced things like the Superbowl are worked.

I think the majority of people who thought it was worked back then were wrestlers. Come to think of it, most of the people who ever questioned the legitimacy of UFC/MMA were wrestlers. Then again, a lot of wrestlers were convinced things like the Superbowl are worked.

I'm certain in the early days, a lot of stuff was worked. But some genuine fighters, like Bas Rutten, would rather just quit the match than ever do a worked match. It's a pride issue.

There were some in Pancrase, UFC, and even in Pride. But nowadays? I doubt there's any works in the UFC now.

I'm certain in the early days, a lot of stuff was worked. But some genuine fighters, like Bas Rutten, would rather just quit the match than ever do a worked match. It's a pride issue.

There were some in Pancrase, UFC, and even in Pride. But nowadays? I doubt there's any works in the UFC now.

The only 'dive' in the UFC was Anthony Macias for Oleg Taktarov at UFC 6. The one other fight in UFC that had a question mark over it was Don Frye/Mark Hall, and that was only because Hall later claimed he was paid to take a dive in it. I'd like to hear what fights, and why, you think were worked.

There were some worked fights in Pancrase and PRIDE, but there has never been any talk of a worked fight in UFC, outside of the above two.

The only 'dive' in the UFC was Anthony Macias for Oleg Taktarov at UFC 6. The one other fight in UFC that had a question mark over it was Don Frye/Mark Hall, and that was only because Hall later claimed he was paid to take a dive in it. I'd like to hear what fights, and why, you think were worked.

There were some worked fights in Pancrase and PRIDE, but there has never been any talk of a worked fight in UFC, outside of the above two.

It's those you referenced, pretty much. I generally don't think fights were worked, though. too much scrutiny and too many people to trust for the info NOT get get out.

didn't Del Rio have a few MMA fights too?

Yes. He's most infamous moment is getting LHK'ed by Crocop. I'm not too familiar with his Mexico MMA, though. He made the mistake of giving Crocop distance. If you move backward and to the right of Crocop, that's a guarantee that you are going to get LHK'ed.

Good to see Sheamus win again and Brodus in the ring with Edge.

The Corre beatdown was good. More than just kicking opponents in the ring like most Corre and Nexus angles.

Wow, DiBiase made Rey look average. Give the guy a push already.

Christian in a cage match with Del Rio and getting good pop from the crowd was awesome. The match felt fresh because it wasn't the same old main eventers.

Dark Match: Percy Watson defeated Drew McIntyre - WTF! Percy was annoying on NXT. Just as well for Drew it wasn't part of the main show.

Australian poster for Extreme Rules featuring CM Punk

http://www.whosay.com/DwayneJohnson/photos/17408?code=PAhc9L

The Rock just posted that on Facebook saying he'd be in Chicago for Raw. It'd be nice if he's working out ring rust, but I'm not holding my breath.

*edit*

I just read he's doing an episode of Tough Enough where he works out with the contestants. So I'm kind of guessing this might be from that episode.

Im enjoying smackdown. Im not doing anything tonight and it started off with 2 VERY solid matches.

Brodus Clay is extremely impressive so far but that could be due to him working with Edge most of the time. He obviously has the look, but he seems pretty agile and has at least a decent amount of psychology to fall back on.