The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Coming off the PPV, my main is thought : Kevin... freaking... Nash... what the hell was that ? I mean, Del Rio cashing in on the winner of the main event had a good probability of occuring and I don't mind it, but what the hell was Nash doing there ? That was really out of nowhere and we can only hope we will have a good explanation, not just some random crap.

As for the rest of the night, it was average. Too much things I didn't care about to begin with. It was a two matchs event for me on paper (okay I'm lying, I was looking forward to Sheamus vs Henry too) and it still feels that way at this time. I was somewhat impressed with the Divas match though. It's was surprisingly a better match than the usual ones.

Coming off the PPV, my main is thought : Kevin... freaking... Nash... what the hell was that ? I mean, Del Rio cashing in on the winner of the main event had a good probability of occuring and I don't mind it, but what the hell was Nash doing there ? That was really out of nowhere and we can only hope we will have a good explanation, not just some random crap.

Kevin Nash is one of Triple H homeboys. Guess Stephanie McMahon was the one who made the call.

It looks like they are heading for a HHH / Punk WrestleMania. Yeah, it's a long time away. But that appears to be the buildup.

When did I miss the explanation for why he was brought back? Kinda figured it was because he was the champ and it made them look stupid to let him walk with it.

Seriously do you just not pay attention? Cena also had a claim to being the WWE champion, he was already named champ when Punk came back, so why would they bring him back just to have the belt?

Hey... aren't we an internet wrestling community?! :confused:

Yes but I mean the ones who rave about how someone is buried and what should have happened like they are the writers...Basically Smarks

Just enjoy the show and dont try to analyze every thing that happens it much more enjoyable to just sit back and relax and watch it.

Best theory that I've seen in the fifteen minutes since the PPV concluded:

Kevin Nash is working for Vince McMahon.

That's a theory. It could also be a lot simple : ADR paid Nash to hurt whoever would be champion at this time. I mean, Del Rio brags about his money all the time, sometimes, the guy has to use some of it !

Yes but I mean the ones who rave about how someone is buried and what should have happened like they are the writers...Basically Smarks

Just enjoy the show and dont try to analyze every thing that happens it much more enjoyable to just sit back and relax and watch it.

ya i gotcha :p

That's a theory. It could also be a lot simple : ADR paid Nash to hurt whoever would be champion at this time. I mean, Del Rio brags about his money all the time, sometimes, the guy has to use some of it !

I think its tied in with Stephanie some how. Shes was a decent focus of the backstage segments tonight. She walked out of Cena's locker room. She was seen whispering to Triple H before the match.

I feel its tied into something with her or Triple H

1. Punk is a heel....Wrestling 101 Heel Vs #1 Face Heel cheats or gets by some how to win.

2. I doubt Nash will be a wrestler but if he is he was healthy most his time in TNA and will be used very lightly in ring.

3. Your mad that they are giving ADR a guy who has built up for awhile now the title? It's a storyline that called for WWE to change champions a couple time nbd

4. Rey will put ADR over in a good feud while Cena/Punk battle to see who is #1 contender.

1. Why? So the face can always look better? That rule's idiotic. I know it's the rule, but it's a stupid rule. Punk can't beat Cena? Then why should anyone care?

2. It's not even that. You fire SEVERAL people, so you can use NASH? Pac and Hall gonna show up too? Usable talent down, so old guys with no use to the promotion at all can get a bigger paycheck. YAY!

3. Alberto Del Rio shouldn't be anywhere near the RAW main event. The guy's good in the ring, and I'll give him all the credit in the world for being entertaining, but whoopie. Rey vs. Alberto in the feud NOBODY gives a crap about. The FIRST time, it was decent. It got old.

4. YAY! So we get the same f'n feuds, again. Except now, Punk has no bargaining chip at all, Cena has a huge claim to everything, the title's being held by someone close to tied with Wade Barrett for most times claiming something and then failing epicly at it, and Rey's gonna job endlessly?

Yeah, that was my first thought. ADR has lots of money, so why not use it to hire Nash to watch his back like he did for HBK so long ago?

1. Why? So the face can always look better? That rule's idiotic. I know it's the rule, but it's a stupid rule. Punk can't beat Cena? Then why should anyone care?

2. It's not even that. You fire SEVERAL people, so you can use NASH? Pac and Hall gonna show up too? Usable talent down, so old guys with no use to the promotion at all can get a bigger paycheck. YAY!

3. Alberto Del Rio shouldn't be anywhere near the RAW main event. The guy's good in the ring, and I'll give him all the credit in the world for being entertaining, but whoopie. Rey vs. Alberto in the feud NOBODY gives a crap about. The FIRST time, it was decent. It got old.

4. YAY! So we get the same f'n feuds, again. Except now, Punk has no bargaining chip at all, Cena has a huge claim to everything, the title's being held by someone close to tied with Wade Barrett for most times claiming something and then failing epicly at it, and Rey's gonna job endlessly?

Punk can't beat Cena... he did.

And let's go back to STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN.

Did you know? Austin didn't beat HBK fairly at WrestleMania 14. Mike Tyson made a QUICK three count. Faster three count than the controversial Starrcade 1997 match with Sting and © Hogan. Hogan was screwed. It wasn't a quick three count but they had a wrestler, Bret Hart, decide to play commissioner.

Austin was the face.

Just saying.

Cena is a face. And i believe he's 1-6 against CM Punk this year. You want the ROH formula of how title should change hands. This is the WWE. They used this formula for god's how long with a tweak here or there.

Cena is a face. And i believe he's 1-6 against CM Punk this year. You want the ROH formula of how title should change hands. This is the WWE. They used this formula for god's how long with a tweak here or there.

Never said anything about the ROH formula.

I just think it's stupid that the face always has to be better than the heel in the ring. No heel can ever be as talented as a face?

Never said anything about the ROH formula.

I just think it's stupid that the face always has to be better than the heel in the ring. No heel can ever be as talented as a face?

WWE = Face

NWA = Heel

The face always has to be better than the heel in the ring.

Guess what company is still relevant today. Faces win.

Yeah, that was my first thought. ADR has lots of money, so why not use it to hire Nash to watch his back like he did for HBK so long ago?

ADR has to be involved in the whole Triple H/Steph thing somehow. Because otherwise it's just totally out of place. I mean of all people it's Kevin freakin Nash.

I'm not sur I would say that CM Punk is a heel though. Since MITB, he has tone down a lot of his antics and he's actually looking for crowd support. It feels to me he's more like a rebelish face at the moment and judging by crowd reaction, I'm not the only feeling that way.

WWE = Face

NWA = Heel

The face always has to be better than the heel in the ring.

Guess what company is still relevant today. Faces win.

Who said anything at all about the NWA?

Let's not forget Flair cheated a LOT to win. He rarely won clean. That whole point is entirely null and void. It just makes no sense for someone as talented as Punk to not be able to win a match cleanly, just because he's the "bad guy" but when he's the "good guy" his talent level multiplies to the point where he can win cleanly.

That's not logical.

Who said anything at all about the NWA?

Let's not forget Flair cheated a LOT to win. He rarely won clean. That whole point is entirely null and void. It just makes no sense for someone as talented as Punk to not be able to win a match cleanly, just because he's the "bad guy" but when he's the "good guy" his talent level multiplies to the point where he can win cleanly.

That's not logical.

He did win clean on Raw