The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I don't mind some segments. but I like decent wrestling. but then again this is Sports Entertainment crap. Character development, of all the same NXT guys yet they job out decent wrestlers like Jack Swagger and Drew McIntyre. I just don't get it

"All the same NXT guys"

There's.....2.

Seriously. Come on now. Just go watch some ROH and mark out to the next guy that gets fake kicked so hard he back flips.

yes, her. its pathetic how theyre making her famous by having her make out with 2 guys within 3 minutes of eachother. I remember when wrestling had tasteful interviews, decent matches (more than a minute long) and the "best thing going" was not some girl ho-ing herself out to get famous. it was the build up of feuds between actually good wrestlers, not focusing on some girl

like i said, i wanna watch wrestling, and not a soap opera. and hey look another 1 minute match with a glorified jobber.

You have become my new best friend.

Wow.. How to screw up the GM storyline with such a bad ending. Seriously. Tell me that didn't just happen.

The fact that they are showing legendary RAW moments from the past and hyping the 1000nd episode really puts the present RAW into a bad light. I'm seeing RAW on stream and it's just pointless soap opera, ads, squash matches, ads, more ads, 1-3min match, ads, 'entertainment', ads.. Ugh..

as for this, where do you think all the wrestlers they have now came from for the most part? they aren't exactly the same. They actually have talent.

ROFL.

Alright.

Wrestlers that came from ROH: 3

Yeap. That's most, alright.

Btw? 2 of those 3, you're whining about what they're doing.

The other? Can't quit doing dumb stuff long enough to get on tv.

Edit: FOUR. I'm sorry. Forgot Claudio.

Wanna count Ohno and Rollins to give you six? Still not even CLOSE to half.

"All the same NXT guys"

There's.....2.

Seriously. Come on now. Just go watch some ROH and mark out to the next guy that gets fake kicked so hard he back flips.

hey, at least they can wrestle, unlike half the guys I've seen tonight. actually, most of them can IF they had the chance to do so! I like the entertainment aspect, but it shouldnt be the focus of the show it should still be wrestling. and it's on TV so the people don't get the chance to show their skill

ROFL.

Alright.

Wrestlers that came from ROH: 3

Yeap. That's most, alright.

Btw? 2 of those 3, you're whining about what they're doing.

The other? Can't quit doing dumb stuff long enough to get on tv.

yeah, I'm whining about it, because it's ridiculous theyre being used to get some other generic diva over, rather than getting themselves over. well I guess theyre getting over, just in a pointless way

yeah, I'm whining about it, because it's ridiculous theyre being used to get some other generic diva over, rather than getting themselves over. well I guess theyre getting over, just in a pointless way

AJ got over on her own as Daniel Bryan's valet and then transitioned into a psycho chick shtick before making out with D-Bry, Kane, and Punk. She's far from generic. She can act, she's a geek as opposed to barbie doll, and she's fairly talented in the ring.

How're they gonna get themselves over?

"YES!"

"I'm the best in the world!"

"NO! I'm the best in the world!"

"I'm straight edge!"

"YES!"

...Yawn.

AJ made this feud watchable. When it comes PPV time, they'll do their thing in the ring. Week to week though, they'd fall way short without her.

I've noticed she can act, I just don't get why she's getting over through men, rather than idk maybe winning a title, rather than overshadowing the WWE champion and apparently #1 contender

I doubt it was planned that way, but she forced the world to pay attention and she's become one of the most entertaining aspects of an otherwise awful product.

How're they gonna get themselves over?

"YES!"

"I'm the best in the world!"

"NO! I'm the best in the world!"

"I'm straight edge!"

"YES!"

...Yawn.

AJ made this feud watchable. When it comes PPV time, they'll do their thing in the ring. Week to week though, they'd fall way short without her.

if that's the case why are they the main eventers? theres always new ways to mix up feuds rather than using some sex appeal crap. it's really not a soap opera.

I agree, AJ can't do anything in the ring or on the MIC so she's gotta pretend to be psycho. It's working though because everyone finds her hot. I personally find it pathetic. but that's just me.

AJ got over on her own as Daniel Bryan's valet and then transitioned into a psycho chick shtick before making out with D-Bry, Kane, and Punk. She's far from generic. She can act, she's a geek as opposed to barbie doll, and she's fairly talented in the ring.

Actually she didn't it's why they did this. She couldn't get anywhere being "normal" AJ. Plus...her ring skills SUCK...sadly so do most of the Divas right now.

if that's the case why are they the main eventers? theres always new ways to mix up feuds rather than using some sex appeal crap. it's really not a soap opera.

Probably going to be surprising to some people that I'm pretty much in agreement with you... IF I hadn't been watching for 30 years that is. For 30 years my only complaint with any promotion is "Shut up and wrestle already!"

WWE=WWF=WWWF, etc. It's been that way for that promotion way before the "Sports Entertainment" thing come around. Was probably three or four times worse right before the first Wrestlemania. Probably 10 times worse during the "Attitude Era", far as that goes.

I just watch it for what it truly is now, a soap opera or "circus" if you will, for men basically.

Also agree that more then half the talent could have good match's if they were "allowed" to do so.

From another forum I frequent, if you don't count the 20-minute tag match, the wrestling time was nine minutes, seven seconds.
SO, 29 minutes if you count the tag match in a two hour show... Hmm, I've seen worse.

I'm not going to complain though, as I feel this is all just "hype" for the 1000 show, which I expect will have 5 minutes of wrestling on it... In 3 hours. OR maybe they will surprise me and put on a PPV quality show on live TV? It's certainly what I've read they are going to start doing very soon, so there is a chance at least.

I guess I won't bother to watch the whole show, only caught the last 45 minutes or so, but sounds like I caught the best part.

What's the difference between this and back when Stephanie McMahon was in between Triple H and Angle? Or around the time she betrayed Vince or when Sable got involved with Lesnar and whoever. Or when Mickie James was skirting around with Cena, if anything that was more pointless cause they just winged it in during their small-time fling. People probably have dozens of answers for the above questions but that's purely because those storylines are long gone and dusted and this one hasn't finished yet.

If AJ supposedly sucks in the ring, where most divas do anyway, why is that a factor in this ordeal then? Should they have gone with a diva who has to be talented in the ring at all costs, even if she can't act half as decent as AJ?

I could name 15 big soap opera heavy storylines in any era timeline, attitude or other. It's part of what the company produces.. I know it's sorta hard to hear. And pete, you're calling someone a generic diva when you haven't watched RAW in years... it's obvious to see what's going on here. I myself haven't watched RAW in a month before two weeks ago, so I didn't miss much. Either way I'm willing to give it a chance because it's different and AJ is doing a good job at it, whatever it is.

The lack of wrestling time as of late is the consequence of the ending brand split and some other small factors. Because now everybody and their mother is showing up on RAW. I do wish they would've handled this differently. But that's why they're gonna extend RAW to three hours and a new WWE show replacing Superstars this fall.

You know how many people clamorred for the end to a brand split... be careful for what you wish for.

AJ Scratch

"One, two, three, four, here

One, one, one, one

Two, two, two, two

Three, three, three, three

Four, four, four, four

Here, here, here, here

One, two, three, four, here

Up in WWE where the talent is fresh,

There was one diva who could pass the test

And now she's down by law and she's ready to play

That's right y'all her name is AJ

Never gets nervous when she skips to the beat

She gives top notch service never weak on her feet

A complete elite treat that can't be beat

'Cause AJ never knew the agony of defeat, sing

AJ, I wanna kiss you

AJ, I wanna kiss you

AJ, I wanna kiss you

Aaaaa JAyyyaaaaa

Kiss, kiss, Kiss kiss me!

Uh, Yeah yeah yeah

Uh, Yeah yeah yeah

Uh, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!

Uh, Yeah yeah yeah

Uh, Yeah yeah yeah

CM Punk, Daniel Bryan or Kane

Doesn't matter who she's with cuz the girls insane

So just kick off your shoes and relax your feet

And just rock to the rhythms of Djthefunkchris's beat

Yes, yes, y'all and just shake that butt

Because AJ is gonna stir __it up, sing

AJ, I wanna kiss you

AJ, I wanna kiss you

AJ, I wanna kiss you

Aaaaa JAyyyaaaaa

Up in WWE, where the talent is fresh,

AJ, I wanna kiss you

AJ, I wanna kiss you

AJ, I wanna kiss you

Aaaaa JAyyyaaaaa

Clap, clap, clap

Clap, clap,

Clap, clap, clap,

Clap, clap

Clap your hands

Clap your hands

Clap your hands

For

A.J.!"

"One, two, three, four, here

One, one, one, one

Two, two, two, two

Three, three, three, three

Four, four, four, four

Here, here, here, here

One, two, three, four, here

Up in WWE where the talent is fresh,

AJ, I wanna kiss you

AJ, I wanna kiss you

AJ, I wanna kiss you

Aaaaa JAyyyaaaaa

Uh, Yeah yeah yeah

Uh, Yeah yeah yeah

Uh, Yeah yeah yeah

Uh, Yeah yeah yeah

CM Punk, Daniel Bryan or Kane

Doesn't matter who she's with cuz the girls insane

So just kick off your shoes and relax your feet

And just rock to the rhythms of Djthefunkchris's beat

Yes, yes, y'all and just shake that butt

Because AJ is gonna stir __it up, sing

AJ, I wanna kiss you

AJ, I wanna kiss you

AJ, I wanna kiss you

Aaaaa JAyyyaaaaa

Up in WWE, where the talent is fresh,

AJ, I wanna kiss you

AJ, I wanna kiss you

AJ, I wanna kiss you

Aaaaa JAyyyaaaaa

Clap, clap, clap

Clap, clap,

Clap, clap, clap,

Clap, clap

Clap your hands

Clap your hands

Clap your hands

For

A.J.!"

ummm.. no. she's hot, but no

ummm.. no. she's hot, but no

The type of character that she is and was playing and how well she executes it is hotter then she objectively is. First nerd girl and now crazy chick pretty much two staple smark favs.

But just looking at pictures etc of her she is not that hot, not saying ugly but not as hot as a lot of other current and former women characters. Which is also in her favor as that makes her less generic. Hope that came across well.