The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Merry Heel Christmas!

"Call him a goat or a dragon, we should all be on his band wagon. He's the best thing on right now. Way better than that movie star who raises his eyebrow. So stop your politicking. Stop your crying and give the title to Daniel Bryan"

I love it!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>WWE released Richie a long time ago according to Hero's recent shoot dvd. Was weird since he was really good though hurt most of 2013.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From what I've read about it, Richie's injury was or is still potentially career ending. I have to assume if it's true, that's most likely why the released him. .</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="fullMETAL" data-cite="fullMETAL" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The point of Night Of Champions is that EVERY champion is supposed to defend their belt on it. Nevermind the fact that the IC Title wasn't defended at this year's when Punk took on Axel & Heyman.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> We only have 5 titles now. That means 11 PPVs a year at least the US, IC or Tag Titles can't be defended otherwise Night of Champions can't deliver what it promises. I don't really see the point now.</p><p> </p><p> Even MITB and Elimination will presumably be reduced to a single ladder and chamber match unless they push the IC title (which I think would be a good idea to put over the midcard).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That makes no sense<p> </p><p> Payback had every title defended and so did NoC</p><p> </p><p> The idea still makes sense especially since they have had the US champion in 6 man matches on PPV and Hell No earlier this year were in a world title elimination chamber.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agrere, The name of the PPV is not really something that matters, sure at Night of Champions there tag line is "all the titles defended" but people would only complain if the other 11 PPVs featured no title matches outside of a world title match. </p><p> </p><p> Do you really buy PPV's off the strength of the name and the tagline it promises? No you buy it to watch wrestling and part of wrestling is titles being defended every month.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Macca316" data-cite="Macca316" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I agrere, The name of the PPV is not really something that matters, sure at Night of Champions there tag line is "all the titles defended" but people would only complain if the other 11 PPVs featured no title matches outside of a world title match. <p> </p><p> Do you really buy PPV's off the strength of the name and the tagline it promises? No you buy it to watch wrestling and part of wrestling is titles being defended every month.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can see that point of view and yet I've seen a lot of complaints that there was only 1 TLC match on the TLC PPV. So there is a portion of fans that care about the content matching the tagline.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can see that point of view and yet I've seen a lot of complaints that there was only 1 TLC match on the TLC PPV. So there is a portion of fans that care about the content matching the tagline.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can see your view here too and for something like TLC where we as fans have been used to the format for years i.e there is always a chair match, a table match, a ladder match and a TLC match, for them to suddenly change that with no reason is going to annoy alot of people. </p><p> </p><p> although its less fans buying into the name, they could keep the same format but call the PPV WWE: Puppies in a basket, its more fans buying into the PPV theme or gimmick of the PPV</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can see that point of view and yet I've seen a lot of complaints that there was only 1 TLC match on the TLC PPV. So there is a portion of fans that care about the content matching the tagline.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They couldn't have other weapon spots during the show or Cena/Orton would've been complete garbage by comparison. No one else using anything is the only thing that saved that match from being a complete joke of a main event. Even in the Miz/Kof impromptu Street Fight, not one weapon was used.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rd_dbacks01" data-cite="rd_dbacks01" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can anyone explain to me how The Miz is face again?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They don't have anyhting for him so they are just flipping him to whatever fits the segment</p>

Well that's interesting. I assume if the Authority angle is still going (which I don't see why it would stop before Wrestlemania) he'll be joining as the muscle after the Shield falls apart. If he doesn't join Triple H and friends, I would love the return of "Spotlight" Batista. Granted, the main match I want to see is Batista VS Regins. It seems like it'd be a fun match to watch.

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">NXT (200th Episode) Review:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Triple H</strong> - There to highlight the milestone and thank the fans. Lots of "Five" chants when he forgot to mention Big E.</p><p>

<strong>Zayn & Kidd vs Kruger & Cesaro</strong> - Good slow-paced match. Zayn got the pin on Kruger.</p><p>

<strong>Sasha vs Paige</strong> - OK match but too scrappy.</p><p>

<strong>The Ascension vs American Pitbulls (NXT Tag Titles)</strong> - OK match aside from the dangerous botch. Eddie & Davie should at least be signed short term to help rebuild the tag division.</p><p>

<strong>Backstage Segments</strong> - Emma & Natalya had a tiff. English clashed with Big Cas & Enzo (who was in a motor scooter with leopard print seat cover) over his singing. Kofi accepted a challenge from Lana to be crushed by her client Rusev next week.</p><p>

<strong>Neville vs Dallas (NXT Championship)</strong> - Howard Finkel was the ring announcer for this lumberjack match. Decent match thanks to Neville's exciting offense and Bo's good character work. Dallas retained with a tainted win involving Breeze and an unknown lumberjack.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Verdict:</span></strong> Average show. Given the milestone they should have increased the runtime to give us more matches. And give the fans a Big E appearance.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Smackdown Review:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Orton, Cena & Bryan</strong> - Strong way to start the show. A triple threat at the Rumble would be good for business!</p><p>

<strong>Swagger vs Big E</strong> - Decent match but too short. Commentary with Zeb was funny.</p><p>

<strong>Brie vs Tamina</strong> - Brie won and shoved AJ off her chair. Worth watching only for AJ's commentary.</p><p>

<strong>McIntyre vs Sin Cara</strong> - I hate the colored lighting. Hunico is better than Mistico.</p><p>

<strong>Brodus vs Tensai</strong> - Woods and the Funkadactyls distracted Brodus and Tensai got the win.</p><p>

<strong>RhodeDust vs Wyatt Family</strong> - Good match with Harper pinning Cody. In a logical show of continuity Bryan came out with a chair and got revenge on the Wyatts for TLC.</p><p>

<strong>Sandow vs Miz</strong> - Sandow won this quick filler match.</p><p>

<strong>Kofi vs Fandango</strong> - Another filler match which Fandango won.</p><p>

<strong>The Shield vs Punk & Cena</strong> - The Wyatts threw Bryan off a loading dock, making this a handicap match. Punk & Cena worked well together. Reigns' Superman punch on Cena was awesome. The Shield got DQ'd. A brawl ensued and Cena got triple-powerbombed. Big E saved Punk from the same fate to a big pop (unless it was piped-in). Reigns and Langston had a staredown.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Verdict:</span></strong> Most the show was filler but it had 2 good matches and a couple of segments worth watching. The big guns were out in full force on the so-called B Show.</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.minus.com/iznrPYW6TlRja.gif</span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Truly" data-cite="Truly" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="http://www.24wrestling.com/wwe-interviews-big-e-ambrose-unifying-ic-us-titles/" rel="external nofollow">WWE Interviews Big E & Ambrose About Unifying The IC & US Titles</a></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would have been all for it except that they just unified the big 2 titles. The IC Title should be the new WHC Title (stepping stone to the main event) with the US being the midcard title. I suppose if the Divas Title was treated with respect and the Tag Titles continue to get more focus they could drop the US Title.</p>

<p>NXT was a recap show celebrating its anniversary. But we did get one match: Cesaro & Regal put on a clinic.</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18toyi_wwe-nxt-wed-dec-25-2013_sport" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Full Episode video</strong></a></p><p> </p><p>

<a href="

rel="external nofollow"><strong>Cesaro vs Regal video</strong></a></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1981407/AC-WR_suplexfromknees_zps20f9b51c.png</span></p>

<p>Regal vs Cesaro was amazing.</p><p> </p><p>

Regal is still one of the greatest storytellers ever and Cesaro has been elite talent for years. It's such a shame that Regal's great work with Cesaro, Ambrose, Ohno, etc was all in developmental because all three programs could have been career defining ones on the big show. Millions of people deserve to see his work, because Regal is just as good as he has ever been to me.</p>

Smackdown Review:

The Great: Orton beating Ziggler, Cena beating Rollins

The Good: Cesaro beating Rhodes, PTP beating Rybaxel, Bryan beating Sandow, Big E beating Ambrose, Reigns beating Henry

The Bad: Wyatt Family beat Usos (only lasted 2 minutes)

Verdict: One of the best Smackdowns all year! Way better than Raw. Lots of matches and most of them quality. MVP: Seth Rollins

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TakerNGN74" data-cite="TakerNGN74" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Agreed, Cesaro vs. Regal was amazing. Cesaro is so damn good its scary.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I guess I should be thankful we get a handful of classic wrestling matches on NXT every year given WWE's entertainment style. But I really wish they would extend the runtime by half an hour so they can have a match like this every week. As it is most matches are squashes and half the roster don't even get a match for weeks at a time. The amount of buzz the Cesaro vs Zayn and Cesaro vs Regal matches have gotten online is impressive.</p>

<p>They tape 3-4 episodes at a time, so having the same people work multiple long matches wouldnt be a good idea imo. That's also part of the reason the fans turned on Bo Dallas so long ago because he had like 4 matches at one taping and won them all with his "finisher"</p><p> </p><p>

I think every show being longer would be good, but most guys would still make bi-weekly appearances.</p>

NXT is also meant to be training guys to be on the main roster, so being able to fit your stuff into a good, four minute match is a more useful skill for most midcarders than just having great matches. Guys like Cesaro who should be in 15 minute matches in the next year or so can benefit from working long, but 85% of the roster are better off learning how to make a "music plays, then you get rolled up" finish look convincing.