The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Jordan has basically been a heel until now, blaming his losses on not having the perfect partner. Now he starts winning with Gable there's 2 possible break-up stories seeded. Jordan gets jealous of the crowd getting behind Gable and turns heel or Gable turns heel because he thinks he's too good and Jordan is holding him back. That's already as much story as we got for the entire duration of Jordan & Dillinger as a tag team including their break-up. Granted, the tag division is probably the weakest part of NXT creatively. I just hope they don't break up too soon but Gable is already showing more personality than Jordan and I can see him doing well on his own.

I'd rather they end up finding chemistry and becoming a good permanent tag team. I just hate the idea that all tag teams must break up so that one can shine.

I'd like to see a tag team just decide to be single wrestlers but still be partners. For example on the main roster a tag team decides to go into singles competition one goes for the US belt, the other the IC belt and in one ends up in trouble the other one will help him simply because they were partners and friends in the past. Similar to Dean and Roman simply being bros.

Honestly I'd like to see more relationships like this built up using backstage segments, youtube, or the WWE network. One of the reasons The Shield was so popular was simply because they acted like friends both inside and outside the ring and you could see it seeping through in their wrestling styles and promos. Make the characters into people instead of pieces to fill in role slots.

I'd rather they end up finding chemistry and becoming a good permanent tag team. I just hate the idea that all tag teams must break up so that one can shine.

I'd like to see a tag team just decide to be single wrestlers but still be partners. For example on the main roster a tag team decides to go into singles competition one goes for the US belt, the other the IC belt and in one ends up in trouble the other one will help him simply because they were partners and friends in the past. Similar to Dean and Roman simply being bros.

Honestly I'd like to see more relationships like this built up using backstage segments, youtube, or the WWE network. One of the reasons The Shield was so popular was simply because they acted like friends both inside and outside the ring and you could see it seeping through in their wrestling styles and promos. Make the characters into people instead of pieces to fill in role slots.

Agreed

yeah we was saying after his match he has terribly predictable story lines and i don't even hate Cena but if his stories was a nice little beat it would e Lose Win Win Lose Win Win Lose Win Win, ut in a win somewhere for another Rusev match

not sure what i think of Battleground, i find Sheamus and Orton very boring, liked PTP vs New Day the most

and its bad that i care so little for Miz and Big Show and even forgot they was meant to be in a match

the main event was good was not expecting the end that we got but i was happy

"So, we've got this young kid, he's gaining a lot of momentum in NXT and seems to have a lot of potential. He's about 250 lbs, he looks like he can beat you up and he plays an asshole heel really well, what do you think Vince?"

"Sounds good Hunter! But Cena's the US Champ and he needs to retain."

"Hmm, okay, well, we've got this 29 year old, he's the WWE World Heavyweight Champion and he's facing Lesnar at Battleground..."

"Well, we're having Lesnar vs. Undertaker Hunter, we've already established that..."

"So, why didn't Undertaker mention that when he returned to face Bray?"

"Who cares?! These idiots aren't thinking like that, we'll have Taker interfere and end it in a No Contest!"

"So... what's the plan for Rollins at SummerSlam?"

"Oh I don't know, Ambrose or something..."

They are utterly directionless right now.

Battleground Review:

Sheamus vs Orton - Solid match. RKO Outta Nowhere wasn't the best. The problem is Creative didn't give me a reason to care about the feud.

New Day vs PTP (Tag Team Championship) - I love New Day promos. Fun match.

Bray vs Reigns - Good match. Bray got the win he needed. Wyatt Family back together (sort of). I hope the rumors about Roman's tag partner at SummerSlam aren't true (possible spoiler: Sting. Ambrose makes more sense)

Sasha vs Charlotte vs Brie - Good match. Brie was out of her depth but she did her job putting over the NXT women.

Owens vs Cena (US Title) - Great match but I was shocked by the result. I assume they have a Fatal Fourway planned for SummerSlam involving Cesaro and Rusev with Owens walking out Champ. All that tells me is they want to drag this feud out to SummerSlam because it's good for business, not because it's the best way to tell the story.

Miz & Big Show - Cardigan Hoodie Miz on the mic is way better than the match would have been.

Rollins vs Lesnar (WWE Championship) - Solid match. They scripted it perfectly so Rollins could get in a little and sell like crazy. I'm not keen on a Lesnar/Taker rematch. The last one relied on massive hype and the Streak to boost what was otherwise a below par match. This time it hinges on the story of Taker being a bitter heel, after revenge for having his Streak broken clean. The problem is he was (and will probably continue to be) cheered like a babyface. If that storyline isn't strong enough, it's little more than an over-hyped fantasy match-up.

Verdict: Above average PPV with a good crowd, let down by some questionable booking.

"So, we've got this young kid, he's gaining a lot of momentum in NXT and seems to have a lot of potential. He's about 250 lbs, he looks like he can beat you up and he plays an asshole heel really well, what do you think Vince?"

"Sounds good Hunter! But Cena's the US Champ and he needs to retain."

"Hmm, okay, well, we've got this 29 year old, he's the WWE World Heavyweight Champion and he's facing Lesnar at Battleground..."

"Well, we're having Lesnar vs. Undertaker Hunter, we've already established that..."

"So, why didn't Undertaker mention that when he returned to face Bray?"

"Who cares?! These idiots aren't thinking like that, we'll have Taker interfere and end it in a No Contest!"

"So... what's the plan for Rollins at SummerSlam?"

"Oh I don't know, Ambrose or something..."

They are utterly directionless right now.

My thoughts exactly...you nailed the "direction of creative" perfectly!

My thoughts exactly...you nailed the "direction of creative" perfectly!

They essentially sacrificed Battleground to setup SummerSlam. And they're treating SummerSlam like Wrestlemania by trotting out the veterans for matches designed to increase Network sign-ups and pull higher viewing figures at the expense of pusing new talent. It tarnished what was otherwise a good PPV.

Sasha vs Charlotte vs Brie - Good match. Brie was out of her depth but she did her job putting over the NXT women.

Absolutely! Watching the match, there were several points where you saw Sasha and Charlotte slow down so Brie could catch up. The same thing happened in the one-on-one match on Raw. Running to the finish, when Charlotte booted Nikki, she visibly leaned on the ropes looking over her left shoulder, waiting for Brie to hit the ropes for the finishing sequence.

They essentially sacrificed Battleground to setup SummerSlam. And they're treating SummerSlam like Wrestlemania by trotting out the veterans for matches designed to increase Network sign-ups and pull higher viewing figures at the expense of pusing new talent. It tarnished what was otherwise a good PPV.

Hasn't this always been the case? The "minor" PPVs feed the big four? If Owens wins the US title on the big stage of SummerSlam, isn't that preferable to winning it at Battleground (and possibly dropping it on a big stage)?

Personally, I think the match at Summerslam with Wyatt and Reigns is going to be 6-man. There's a Wyatt family member missing, after all. And I don't think he's busy elsewhere (unless he's injured?).

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2015/7/20/9007075/kevin-owens-machiavellian-forces-within-wwe-want-to-see-him-fail

Kevin Dunn + Cena merch drop while putting over Owens and the US Title = Cena push.

[insert Brock Lesnar F*** This Company gif here]

I wouldn't be surprised if that soon enough Triple H just somehow overrides call-ups and keeps his guys on NXT.

Raw was pretty good. Taker/Lesnar brawl, Reigns vs Harper, The New Day, Divas tag team match and the house show-style main event were all fun. They should do Sheamus vs Rusev vs Owens for the MITB briefcase at SS. Or 2 matches involving any combination of Rusev, Cesaro, Rusev & Sheamus.

I am still thinking Rollins vs Sting. Rollins will continue to say how he has beaten everyone and then Sting will appear. Rollins is the perfect person to bump around for Sting. So we would get

Rollins vs Sting

Lesnar vs Taker

Harper/Wyatt vs Ambrose/Reigns

Cena vs Rusev vs Owens vs Cesaro

They always do this for the "lesser PPV's"...the build towards Summerslam and Wrestlemania. This should not come as a shock.

Owens will win US Title at Summerslam in some sort of 3 or 4 way so Cena stays strong and is not pinned. Owens gets a big moment at a big show.

Outside of the World CHampion having absolutely nothing on his plate right now I think the direction is just fine. The US title feud/cluster has been pretty nice adding in Cesaro and Rusev.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2015/7/20/9007075/kevin-owens-machiavellian-forces-within-wwe-want-to-see-him-fail

Kevin Dunn + Cena merch drop while putting over Owens and the US Title = Cena push.

[insert Brock Lesnar F*** This Company gif here]

If you haven't seen these they explain a lot about Dunn and why he is considered the one of the reasons why Vince is not a billionaire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A1M7MLc14A Jim Cornette explains his hatred of DUnn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8RuST5EEwE Cornette and Percy Pringle talk Dunn. Apparently PP had little to no bad blood with anyone in the business except Dunn.