The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

If you honestly think that Vince has the same mind set then you are crazy, Vince knows what makes money thats why he is on top. AJ will make him money and as said Vince isn't dishing half a million a year to a guy he doesn't believe in.

I don't doubt Vince thinks Hunter will make him money with AJ. But go read some of Hunters interviews about how hard it was to convince Vince to open up the check book for indy talent / guys who don't fit "the look" to get NXT up and running, and how he still has to fight for "his guys and girls" on the main roster. He pretty much states that Vince didn't really believe until Seth and Dean took off after the shield, and still prefers "his type of look".

My concern is Vince signed AJ Styles just to give the middle finger to TNA and ROH. Considering how petty Vince McMahon is would not surprise me. I will be PISSED if AJ Styles is forced to job to Roman Reigns or John Cena.

right, because losing to the top guy in the company and the guy they are convinced is going to be his successor would be "jobbing".

It depends on how it's booked. obviously if AJ lost that feud decisively, in a series of 5 minute matches, that would be jobbing. But if he took Cena to the limit for a series of matches, winning one or two, before losing the blow off? not jobbing.

every time your favorite wrestler loses to a guy up the card does not = jobbing.

Vince is paying AJ a half million a year if reports are true which is also the reason Vince is personally handling AJ.

I think Vince trust's Hunter to make him money with AJ, since Hunter is making him money with other guys Vince wouldn't traditionally touch with a ten foot pole.

But i really doubt Vince is handling AJ's booking day to day. It's been far to consistent. It has Hunter all over it lol.

Sheamus means "change the channel" in my household. Of all the new guys to push :(

I think Vince trust's Hunter to make him money with AJ, since Hunter is making him money with other guys Vince wouldn't traditionally touch with a ten foot pole.

But i really doubt Vince is handling AJ's booking day to day. It's been far to consistent. It has Hunter all over it lol.

According to Jericho's podcast, he's been throwing in ideas. Y2J has been around long enough to where I'm sure he has a little bit of stroke.

Now that promo from the Alphas and Enzo&Cass was marvellous. It's so much better if it's not scripted to hell and predictable as f*ck. There's something to be said for a traditional promo, of course, but not always. This was one of the awkward promos that brings out the brilliance of both teams. Let's just have the two teams come together 10 minutes before the shot and work out something magical, instead of some suit telling them what to do.

My concern is Vince signed AJ Styles just to give the middle finger to TNA and ROH. Considering how petty Vince McMahon is would not surprise me. I will be PISSED if AJ Styles is forced to job to Roman Reigns or John Cena.

I think AJ's signing hurt NJPW more than anyone else, especially since it came at the same time as Nak/Gallows/Anderson.

so what do we all think of AJ losing clean to y2J?

I'm somewhat torn. One the one hand, it was a very good match but i guess for me, it depends more on what they are doing with jericho going forward than AJ.

What i mean is, if Chris is headed back on tour after WM, and this is just win trading till AJ gets his win back at fastlane, I don't like it. you could have built up this fued without another singles match if thats the case. No reason for Jericho to get a win at this stage of his career over AJ styles if it's just win trading till fastlane.

Now if Jericho is staying for awhile, say maybe like 6 months, and they are going to use this feud to lose the "goofy dad!!" face gimmick Jericho is currently doing, and moving into a compelling storyline with heel jericho vs. face AJ, similar to the hbk-jericho fued of yore, and the blow off is WM then fine, even though why you would put that loss on smackdown I have no idea.

They seemed like friends to me, I didn't get that vibe. I just figured they were s talking cause of the video game. I s talk my buddies VICIOUSLY when were playing fighting games head to head.

They are friends. They just decided to kayfabe it up a little and hype the challenge as Sasha vs Bayley III to play to their fans.

Bayley is definitely taking up Sasha's mantle of ring general and leader of the Women's Division on NXT. Also good on Carmella for stepping it up but she still has a long way to go reach Bayley/Asuka/Emma level.

Smackdown was better than Raw and NXT this week, IMO. Forcing Jericho and AJ to tag together was a nice swerve and an appetizer for their match, which was... phenomenal (as was the commentary) ;) Jericho needed the win more and it sets up the rubber match at Fastlane. I assume Jericho is sticking around until after Wrestlemania. Sasha vs Naomi was good, a couple of botches aside. Naomi still lacks polish but her moveset is progressing nicely. Sasha pushing Tamina into an announce chair and kicking her was awesome. The Dudley Boyz' anti-tables promo was good.

They seemed like friends to me, I didn't get that vibe. I just figured they were s talking cause of the video game. I s talk my buddies VICIOUSLY when were playing fighting games head to head.

I do to, but people still perceive the underlying positive vibe while you're trashtalking your friends. Now there seemed to be an underlying animosity. Unless they were in fact playing the keyfabe a little, in which case they've done a masterful job. But you'd expect them to behave normally during these off-the-record segments.

I do to, but people still perceive the underlying positive vibe while you're trashtalking your friends. Now there seemed to be an underlying animosity. Unless they were in fact playing the keyfabe a little, in which case they've done a masterful job. But you'd expect them to behave normally during these off-the-record segments.

Doesn't Stardust go on these in Stardust paint? Kayfabe is in like, some sort of limbo on Woods' channel I think. It's there but it's not there. It's probably just up to whoever's on the show.

Doesn't Stardust go on these in Stardust paint? Kayfabe is in like, some sort of limbo on Woods' channel I think. It's there but it's not there. It's probably just up to whoever's on the show.

Nobody will reprimand him from being Stardust during these segments. The public likes him way more as Stardust so why not? :p

Twelve years ago one of the single greatest "feel good" moments in professional wrestling history happened. Twelve years later and I still get goosebumps and emotional watching it.

Man watching this again was great....but one thing that still bothers me...how did we go from that belt to the spinner title? That belt was gorgeous and we should have never evolved into that atrocity.

Man watching this again was great....but one thing that still bothers me...how did we go from that belt to the spinner title? That belt was gorgeous and we should have never evolved into that atrocity.

Whilst I agree that the Undisputed title was absolutely gorgeous, I think the thought process was they were trying to show that Cena was the new face of the company by giving him a custom title. It shouldn't have stuck around after his reign, but I understand why it was created to begin with. Plus, it gave us Edge's Rated R spinner which was awesome and one of RVD's best promo moments.

Whilst I agree that the Undisputed title was absolutely gorgeous, I think the thought process was they were trying to show that Cena was the new face of the company by giving him a custom title. It shouldn't have stuck around after his reign, but I understand why it was created to begin with. Plus, it gave us Edge's Rated R spinner which was awesome and one of RVD's best promo moments.

Yea....ah the glory of yesteryear! Yea that should have been just a Cena exclusive belt though. That Undisputed title design was only used for about 3 years and it was gorgeous. We seen that ugly one for almost 10. I'm fine with the current belt design but I miss the name plate.

Yea....ah the glory of yesteryear! Yea that should have been just a Cena exclusive belt though. That Undisputed title design was only used for about 3 years and it was gorgeous. We seen that ugly one for almost 10. I'm fine with the current belt design but I miss the name plate.

I still dislike the main plate of the new belt, but I love the custom side plates. Not sure if you ever noticed, but the only two versions of the WWE Championship to have nameplates was the Undisputed and Spinner versions. Nearly all of the titles in WWE's history lacked a nameplate actually. There are only a few exceptions.

Nearly all of the titles in WWE's history lacked a nameplate actually. There are only a few exceptions.

Yea they didn't start using the name plates until they officially acquired WCW's big gold belt. I love the custom side plates for every new wrestler but I agree about the main plate. But it's still an upgrade from that horrid spinner title.