The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I like Becky, but she's in a rut and has been for awhile. She's stale and needs character development. I don't think her winning MitB is the development unless it changes her character somehow and I just don't see that happening.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree, although I enjoy her funny social media posts and she's still one of the top 3 women on Smackdown in terms of ability. Since losing the title she went to film a movie and creative have given her nothing but rinse-and-repeat tag matches. Winning MITB might be worse because then they wouldn't need to push her at all until she cashes in.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="https://streamable.com/x0q3x" rel="external nofollow">https://streamable.com/x0q3x</a></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is so great.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This Bobby Lashley and Sami Zayn story is the literal worst.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Seconded. I didn't bother with Raw last night, I'll skip that segment when I watch the DVR version.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Seconded. I didn't bother with Raw last night, I'll skip that segment when I watch the DVR version.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I never actually have time to watch the product anymore (nor do I want to subject myself to more roman reigns nonsense) I always catch the cliff notes from places like Cultaholic.com and Twitter moments. The internet seems to be really taking a dump all over this rivalry in particular. I don't understand Vince is he trying to punish Bobby for leaving or is this story terrible by accident?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I never actually have time to watch the product anymore (nor do I want to subject myself to more roman reigns nonsense) I always catch the cliff notes from places like Cultaholic.com and Twitter moments. The internet seems to be really taking a dump all over this rivalry in particular. I don't understand Vince is he trying to punish Bobby for leaving or is this story terrible by accident?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From what I've read on the Wrestling Observer, this rivalry is doing neither man any favors.</p>

<p>Well at least that fraudulent suit that WWE doctor Chris Haman filed on CM Punk was a bust</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/fZauWEr3y_c?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="CM Punk On ALL IN Wrestling RETURN! CM Punk Trial Verdict REVEALED! | WrestleTalk News May 2018"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p>

For a company that runs so many "Be a Star" campaigns I can't believe they drug out the lawsuit this long against him. It was always a petty look for the company but now it seems to spectacularly blow up in their face.</p>

<p>Watching NXT from this week finally.</p><p> </p><p>

It’s a good it’s developmental because Nikki Cross and Shayna have the way worst character work. They're so bad on the mic and are no where near ready to be on the main roster. Eric Young and Sanity were good at coverinf Nikki’s weaknesses.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, the developmental league shouldn’t have better announcing than the main roster. Mauro and Nigel are delightful.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Watching NXT from this week finally.<p> </p><p> It’s a good it’s developmental because Nikki Cross and Shayna have the way worst character work. They're so bad on the mic and are no where near ready to be on the main roster. Eric Young and Sanity were good at coverinf Nikki’s weaknesses.</p><p> </p><p> Also, the developmental league shouldn’t have better announcing than the main roster. Mauro and Nigel are delightful.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I disagree on Nikki. She's very committed to the character and the fans love her, though the Scottish accent could be offputting to some people. For me the problem is that her crazy character limits her in-ring moveset except in special matches like the Last Woman Standing one with Asuka.</p><p> </p><p> I like Shayna because she's a legit bully and not just blowing smoke like a cowardly heel. But her voice is too weak and she got lost in the live promo against Nikki. They should hire voice acting coaches for the Performance Center.</p><p> </p><p> Agree on the commentary, although 205 Live is a close 2nd.</p>

The 2 fatal fourways and Elias were good but the rest of the show was garbage. Smackdown had some first-time match-ups but being a go-home show I couldn't bring myself to care at all. 205 Live was good as always but it looks like they aren't getting a MITB match which sucks and the tag matches are meaningless without tag titles.

Can we all agree that O'Reilly is the suprise MVP of UE, Cole is the full package and will do wonderful things on the main roster but O'Reilly is just so arrogant and charasmatic, He's a wonderfully snarky heel.

O’Reilly isn’t remotely charismatic. He’s the most vanilla of any vanilla midget that’s ever wrestled.

O’reilly is garbage incarnate.

O’Reilly isn’t remotely charismatic. He’s the most vanilla of any vanilla midget that’s ever wrestled.

O’reilly is garbage incarnate.

Which is why Undisputed Era are pretty much constantly knocking it out the park match after match after match...

I take it based on this you didn't enjoy Dunne vs O'Reilly?

<p><a href="https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/6/13/17460932/triple-h-sees-pete-dunne-future-wwe-champion-nxt" rel="external nofollow">https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/6/13/17460932/triple-h-sees-pete-dunne-future-wwe-champion-nxt</a></p><p> </p><p>

One of the more interesting lines dropped by Triple H was when he was asked for his thoughts on 24-year-old current WWE United Kingdom champion Pete Dunne. Himself a 14-time world champion, Triple H was quick to tab Dunne as a future WWE world champion.</p><p> </p><p>

Here are a few more notes from the NXT TakeOver Chicago media call</p><p> </p><p>

- Triple H says their are no currents plans to build out or expand the current WWE Performance Center in Orlando</p><p>

- Triple H has seen major improvements from Lars Sullivan and Adam Cole in particular since joining NXT</p><p>

- Triple H says the WWE doesn’t really spend that much on marketing and most of their buzz comes from social media</p><p>

- Triple H says Ricochet tweaked his shoulders during the show in Paris earlier in the week but he will be fine for TakeOver</p><p>

- Triple H says the reason the upcoming UK tourney was taped is because they wanted to run it at Royal Albert Hall and the best dates for the venue were on a Monday and Tuesday</p><p>

- Triple H says they are still looking to bring back Paul Ellering in some role with the company</p><p>

- Triple H says he loves the idea of WWE main roster talent coming down for a run in NXT, like Tyson Kidd or Cesaro, but acknowledges its tough because the NXT roster is so deep</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Macca316" data-cite="Macca316" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Which is why Undisputed Era are pretty much constantly knocking it out the park match after match after match...<p> </p><p> I take it based on this you didn't enjoy Dunne vs O'Reilly?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I enjoyed the match and it’s the most I’ve ever enjoyed O’reilly. I’ve disliked him for years. Roddy and Fish I love. Cole is a Shawn Michaels bobble head and O’reilly is a knob.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/6/13/17460932/triple-h-sees-pete-dunne-future-wwe-champion-nxt" rel="external nofollow">https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/6/13/17460932/triple-h-sees-pete-dunne-future-wwe-champion-nxt</a><p> </p><p> One of the more interesting lines dropped by Triple H was when he was asked for his thoughts on 24-year-old current WWE United Kingdom champion Pete Dunne. Himself a 14-time world champion, Triple H was quick to tab Dunne as a future WWE world champion.</p><p> </p><p> Here are a few more notes from the NXT TakeOver Chicago media call</p><p> </p><p> - Triple H says their are no currents plans to build out or expand the current WWE Performance Center in Orlando</p><p> - Triple H has seen major improvements from Lars Sullivan and Adam Cole in particular since joining NXT</p><p> - Triple H says the WWE doesn’t really spend that much on marketing and most of their buzz comes from social media</p><p> - Triple H says Ricochet tweaked his shoulders during the show in Paris earlier in the week but he will be fine for TakeOver</p><p> - Triple H says the reason the upcoming UK tourney was taped is because they wanted to run it at Royal Albert Hall and the best dates for the venue were on a Monday and Tuesday</p><p> - Triple H says they are still looking to bring back Paul Ellering in some role with the company</p><p> - Triple H says he loves the idea of WWE main roster talent coming down for a run in NXT, like Tyson Kidd or Cesaro, but acknowledges its tough because the NXT roster is so deep</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Love the last point, but it's true - as it is now you don't see everyone on every show. But it still builds great to the TakeOver events because there's time between them.</p>