The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

4 hours ago, guyver3 said:

Am I the only one who wants Reed and Strowman to be forced into a tag team and have them destroy everyone while they try outdoing each other in destruction or feats of strength 

Never even considered this. Now, this needs to happen!

As much as I love CM Punk, I got a pretty good chuckle when he said had nothing to say to Drew and then cuts a promo anyway. 

The Reed/Strowman stuff is the most I've enjoyed Strowman since the Wyatt Family though. Meaty men doing meat man things. The ring collapsing is always a good visual.

Miz turning on Truth bummed me out though. They're so fun together and Miz has done everything in the company there is to do I just kinda hoped we'd get a tag title run for them. 

6 hours ago, guyver3 said:

Am I the only one who wants Reed and Strowman to be forced into a tag team and have them destroy everyone while they try outdoing each other in destruction or feats of strength 

I literally said the same basic thing 2 posts back ... it's such a bizarre idea and yet so perfect I would almost be shocked if they didn't do it.  Great Minds think alike 😉

Edited by alpha2117
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't feeling that Raw, honestly, outside of the HIAC promo. But then...holy hell did that main event deliver and then some. Legitimate 4-star classic. Excited for 2 hour shows, much more manageable, even if they aren't here to stay.

• Like 1

Just now, Dawn said:

I wasn't feeling that Raw, honestly, outside of the HIAC promo. But then...holy hell did that main event deliver and then some. Legitimate 4-star classic. Excited for 2 hour shows, much more manageable, even if they aren't here to stay.

Yeah it dragged in parts.  Punk v McIntyre needs to end at HIAC because I am over it and have been for a few months, the lack of the Wyatt6 has hurt a bit recently as they add a very different flavour note.  The New Day stuff is well done but also a story I dont want, Miz turning was well done but again a story I dont particularly want and as much as I like Gunther the thought of a Gunther v Bron feud fills me with dread.  The move to 2 hrs will be potentially good but as always it depends what they cut out ... if they take away an hour of the different stuff and leave us with Punk v McIntyre and the like it's not really a plus.  

• Like 1

New Day story would be excellent, were we guaranteed to have a Big E return at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately that isn't the world we live in, and if this is contained to just Woods and Kofi it won't pack the same punch. I was ambivalent towards Miz turning because I get how he's better as a heel but I am also the one person who enjoyed him as a face in 2019 (before he lost EVERY match to Shane) and now. Plus any payoff to him turning on 50 something year old R-Truth isn't very attractive to me, this screams that he will get lost in the midcard again. Gunther vs. Bron I have no thoughts because I took it as just a teaser and I doubt they would run that story this soon. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, alpha2117 said:

I literally said the same basic thing 2 posts back ... it's such a bizarre idea and yet so perfect I would almost be shocked if they didn't do it.  Great Minds think alike 😉

Can’t believe I missed that comment! I think they could be a new Shemus & Cesaro, I’ve only seen the highlights of Reed/Strowman stuff but I get the same vibe and enjoyment watching them fight wish it made it onto a PLE

• Like 1

Just now, Dawn said:

New Day story would be excellent, were we guaranteed to have a Big E return at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately that isn't the world we live in, and if this is contained to just Woods and Kofi it won't pack the same punch. I was ambivalent towards Miz turning because I get how he's better as a heel but I am also the one person who enjoyed him as a face in 2019 (before he lost EVERY match to Shane) and now. Plus any payoff to him turning on 50 something year old R-Truth isn't very attractive to me, this screams that he will get lost in the midcard again. Gunther vs. Bron I have no thoughts because I took it as just a teaser and I doubt they would run that story this soon. 

The thing with Miz is he isn't better as a Heel anymore it's like Orton at a certain point people really dont want to boo certain guys.  Orton used to be a horrible guy but as he matured he gained a level of self awareness that saw him do a 180 behaviour wise and we know that ... it's hard to boo him.  The Miz was annoying and still is sometimes but he is also one of the nicest Men to ever compete in Pro Wrestling and it's very hard at this point to seperate the real guy from his character, it's not like films where you can suspend disbelief for a couple of hours you need to be able to buy in week after week and with the Miz I cant buy he's horrible because I simply know how not true that is. 

With Truth I love when he trys to break others ... seeing someone like Gunther trying to stifle a laugh is fun and Priest basically ended up going face because of one segment where Truth broke him and everybody saw him smile in a way where his true goofy personality broke through.  Truth needs to be kept in small doses though, too much and it stops working.

• Like 1

Agreed, 100%. It's a way of humanizing the characters we see. Like the time Foley finally broke the Rock and then did a victory lap around the ring.

Oh, for a more recent example, I don't think the "Honorary Uce" storyline would have worked nearly as well with anyone but Sami. When Sami got Roman and Jey to lose it, it made you feel like they really accepted him, which just made the inevitable turn all the more heartwrenching.

And regarding the Miz. I have an app on my phone which is basically a radio station that plays nothing but Disney Parks music. One time, one of their station breaks had the Miz doing it! I cannot find it in my heart to boo a man who would do that.

Speaking of, they TOTALLY dropped the ball with the Miz/ Shane feud. That was won of the hottest angles they had, Miz was red hot as a babyface, and they blew it. Completely.

• Like 1

Since they're running with Miz as a heel, I hope he gets some sort of faction around him or something. Kind of feels to me there is very little you can do with him as a solo heel.

It is however kind of funny to me Karrion Kross spent months manipulating Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods and The New Day still hasn't broken up but basically just had to go "Hey Miz, you should betray Truth" and Miz was sold.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DinoKea said:

Since they're running with Miz as a heel, I hope he gets some sort of faction around him or something. Kind of feels to me there is very little you can do with him as a solo heel.

It is however kind of funny to me Karrion Kross spent months manipulating Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods and The New Day still hasn't broken up but basically just had to go "Hey Miz, you should betray Truth" and Miz was sold.

Admitedly Miz's frustration with Truth had been growing for a long time ... Kross pushing him was actually the best bit of the otherwise meh idea.