The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I'm digging Heath Slater... Feel like he almost has Ric Flair potential. I would really like to flash forward about five years and see what he's up to then.. I can see him jobbing like this to establish his character with the audience for a good year or so... and his character start to be humbled (kind of like the MVP losing streak did for him). Then have him "accidentally" win a match against someone everyone knows he is there to lose to. Perhaps an accidental "low blow" that the ref doesn't see, and the start of a winning streak happens... Finding that so effective, he utilizes the "low blow" winning, until he accidentally finds another way to win... like an accidental eye pop that he starts utilizing in a 3-stooges kind of way. And so on and so forth. Next thing you know he win's the title by an eye gauge, low blow, and all the other little cheats he accidentally discovers along the way...

Then, the refs get hip to it all, and he isn't able to get away with winning that way anymore... and the accidental actual wrestling skills are discovered, where he starts winning legit.

That's what I would do with him anyways.

Did you just place Ryder on the jobber list?

ARE YOU SERIOUS, BRO? :p

Well, with Ryder's gimmick and popularity he deserves an annual push but the rest of the time they can use him week-in week-out making main event/midcard heels look good.

Kidd is probably the best wrestler on my list (and most underrated) but he doesn't really stand out.

Slater has grown on me. He has a natural ability to be heelish just by entering the arena.

I'm digging Heath Slater... Feel like he almost has Ric Flair potential. I would really like to flash forward about five years and see what he's up to then.. I can see him jobbing like this to establish his character with the audience for a good year or so... and his character start to be humbled (kind of like the MVP losing streak did for him). Then have him "accidentally" win a match against someone everyone knows he is there to lose to. Perhaps an accidental "low blow" that the ref doesn't see, and the start of a winning streak happens... Finding that so effective, he utilizes the "low blow" winning, until he accidentally finds another way to win... like an accidental eye pop that he starts utilizing in a 3-stooges kind of way. And so on and so forth. Next thing you know he win's the title by an eye gauge, low blow, and all the other little cheats he accidentally discovers along the way...

Then, the refs get hip to it all, and he isn't able to get away with winning that way anymore... and the accidental actual wrestling skills are discovered, where he starts winning legit.

That's what I would do with him anyways.

So a heel version of the Eric Young progression. I like it. I'd want to be watching that.

Yup WWE signs a bunch of good ones and some other good ones rumored. Since trips took over they have been really hovering the indies. Too bad it probably won't improve the product dramatically as the structural problems are still there but it will make it better.

watching Raw for the first time in years. wtf is up with a 20 minute stupid segment about some girl being a crazy ho?

and then 3 one minute matches. and then more segments.

a lackluster tag match that had potential to be actually good, and Show gets DQ'd for saving his partner from defeat.. WTH is this? I wanted to watch wrestling, not a soap opera!

watching Raw for the first time in years. wtf is up with a 20 minute stupid segment about some girl being a crazy ho?

and then 3 one minute matches. and then more segments.

a lackluster tag match that had potential to be actually good, and Show gets DQ'd for saving his partner from defeat.. WTH is this? I wanted to watch wrestling, not a soap opera!

you mean AJ? shes one of the best things going around on RAW Lately.

you mean AJ? shes one of the best things going around on RAW Lately.

yes, her. its pathetic how theyre making her famous by having her make out with 2 guys within 3 minutes of eachother. I remember when wrestling had tasteful interviews, decent matches (more than a minute long) and the "best thing going" was not some girl ho-ing herself out to get famous. it was the build up of feuds between actually good wrestlers, not focusing on some girl

like i said, i wanna watch wrestling, and not a soap opera. and hey look another 1 minute match with a glorified jobber.

ehh, maybe if they let him have a decent lengthed match. and the over glorified "Ginger Jobber" Heath Slater, got beat. by some old dude they don't need. again

It's called character development.

You want 4 hours of non stop wrestling with a bunch of no name guys nobody cares about because they're all exactly the same, go watch ROH.

It's called character development.

You want 4 hours of non stop wrestling with a bunch of no name guys nobody cares about because they're all exactly the same, go watch ROH.

I don't mind some segments. but I like decent wrestling. but then again this is Sports Entertainment crap. Character development, of all the same NXT guys yet they job out decent wrestlers like Jack Swagger and Drew McIntyre. I just don't get it