The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

So Big Show is in a match last night to see who would get a WWE title shot. He lost the match and so he gets a title shot the very next night.......help me understand this.

It wasn't a title match.

Also will give props to Dolph.

Miz got screwed, this makes me happy.

Next week wedding, I"ll hope to NOT watch, but maybe they will finally end this stupid stuff.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Or maybe it's the fact that he has been extremely underrated on the mic for a while</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Exactly. He was fantastic with Foley earlier in the year, and since then has had basically no opportunity on the mic, much like 90% of the undercard. It's a shock anyone can get over when they're not allowed to build a rapport with the audience verbally.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hyde Hill" data-cite="Hyde Hill" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Checked the promo and yeah this was one of his best so far. Not great but good enough. This whole feud is going to be a real litmus test for him and could be entertaining. Wonder how the post Summerslam Fozzy tour will be worked around.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know, but I think Jericho is the perfect person for him to feud with. I'm sure "IF" that's about whats going to happen, it means Ziggler gets to work with one of the best on the mic, and no matter the outcome, he will be even better in all area's.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know, but I think Jericho is the perfect person for him to feud with. I'm sure "IF" that's about whats going to happen, it means Ziggler gets to work with one of the best on the mic, and no matter the outcome, he will be even better in all area's.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agree but if he f's up too much in the eyes of management its back to midcard hell, that is what I meant with the litmus test part. Kinda like with Kofi and the botches he had with Orton.</p>

Yeah except it's way different then Kofi and Orton. Jericho is past his prime and came back specifically to get the younger guys over (and he's comfortable). The Orton thing was a combination of mess ups on Kofi's part and Orton being Orton and complaining like he was known for around that time (Mr Anderson).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hyde Hill" data-cite="Hyde Hill" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Agree but if he f's up too much in the eyes of management its back to midcard hell, that is what I meant with the litmus test part. Kinda like with Kofi and the botches he had with Orton.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> /nod. The main thing to me is this though. Although I can see him involved in the World Title pictures, I can't see him as a mainstay there. I can see him as a transitional champ, or something like that, but I can't see him staying there like I can, say Punk or Daniels.</p><p> </p><p> Overall I like him, and he has proven me wrong before when I didn't really think he had much of a chance to get out of the lower cards. He rose above that (with me), and I now I can see him as permanently one step away from Main Event, as well as a great character involved in many story lines along the way, dabbling around the top end, but never there to stay.</p><p> </p><p> And that is what they need in the WWE right now, great characters on all levels. They have Santino in the bottum, and that's just about it (far as how everyone knows him, he's unique and stands out, etc.).</p><p> </p><p> We do have interesting characters, but nothing standing out, outside of ringwork *Tyson Kid, I'm looking at you*. People like Kofi and R-Truth I put in the same category as Dolph. This isn't a "list" of everyone that is getting somewhere, just a small observation list for an example of what they need on all levels. Ryback is getting bigger, but the character so far is one dimensional. Things need to improve (IMO) to really get the ratings where I hear they want them. In the past you had very colorful characters on all levels, that Rikishi thing reminded me of "Too Cool" and how characters like Brodus Clay are needed... Not to be Main Event title holders, but to make the other title's interesting as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah except it's way different then Kofi and Orton. Jericho is past his prime and came back specifically to get the younger guys over (and he's comfortable). The Orton thing was a combination of mess ups on Kofi's part and Orton being Orton and complaining like he was known for around that time (Mr Anderson).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The ideal is the same though. IF Dolph starts messing up and showing signs he's not ready, the plug will probably be pulled and down he goes til' he gets another chance... Just like what happened to Kofi.</p>

I'm looking forward to seeing who they get to appear at the 1000th show. Currently I'm in a like/hate relationship with WWE. I hate Smackdown and I like Raw, but if these things don't happen - I riot (well I'll throw a tantrum lol)

* Cena becomes the first unsuccessful Money in the Bank winner

* Kane interupts the AJ/Bryan wedding

* The DX reunion is all of them (Road Dogg, Billy Gunn & X-Pac too)

* The return of Damien Demento!

Ok well I really don't care if the last one happens or not but figured he was in the first ever Raw Main event so...

The only way I care about Raw 1000 is if the D-X reunion is truly complete and they manage to bring in not only Chyna, but also Rick Rude. The latter might be difficult.

Lolz. Picture of him will suffice? Problem I have with the reunion it will remind me of when the E was good a lot. Attitude : DX, Rock. Smackdown Six: Brock. Rock and Wrestling: Wedding and probably a host of other nostalgia guys. I'll enjoy it, realize what we are getting now, realize that these are the weak versions of themselves because of the current product and then tune out. Edit: Plus Cena vs Punk will remind me of the hope things would change last year and didn't.

And yeah full DX reunion would be nice. They got the Dogg just need Pac and Billy ( although there is some stuff to clear there). Chyna is as likely as Rude.

I'm looking forward to seeing who they get to appear at the 1000th show. Currently I'm in a like/hate relationship with WWE. I hate Smackdown and I like Raw, but if these things don't happen - I riot (well I'll throw a tantrum lol)

* Cena becomes the first unsuccessful Money in the Bank winner

* Kane interupts the AJ/Bryan wedding

* The DX reunion is all of them (Road Dogg, Billy Gunn & X-Pac too)

* The return of Damien Demento!

Ok well I really don't care if the last one happens or not but figured he was in the first ever Raw Main event so...

I think you're going to be rioting. Cena's going over, (gotta get that pop) AJ/Bryan probably will go down without a hitch so they can focus on AJ as a solo act, DX was always just Triple-H and HBK... those other guys never happened. First unsuccessful MiTB cash-in will likely be Ziggler, who will never cash it in because he gets Brouge Kicked every time he tries to cash it in...

This is WWE booking.

I think you're going to be rioting. Cena's going over, (gotta get that pop) AJ/Bryan probably will go down without a hitch so they can focus on AJ as a solo act, DX was always just Triple-H and HBK... those other guys never happened. First unsuccessful MiTB cash-in will likely be Ziggler, who will never cash it in because he gets Brouge Kicked every time he tries to cash it in...

This is WWE booking.

Heard that Ziggler bit before about a guy named Daniel Bryan. Now he's a legit Main Eventer.

Hmmmm

Heard that Ziggler bit before about a guy named Daniel Bryan. Now he's a legit Main Eventer.

Hmmmm

Heard it about a guy called The Ringmaster as well or for more recent CM Punk. Lolz. All midcarders get this. We shall see we shall see. Just to be clear not comparing Ziggler in quality to them or changing my tune that I don't think he is main event material.

Hmmmm

Daniel Bryan is a legit Main Eventer, and I can't imagine Ziggler being any different, at this point of their carreer's... However, although I think Bryan is going to stay relevant for a good while, there is the possibility his mainstay won't "stay".... He's not as solid as Punk yet. I'm hoping he gets there though.

However, Bryan is better then Ziggler on all fields IMO. I can't think of anything Ziggler is better at. Bryan is at ease on the mic, has timing, and I don't feel Ziggler does (but I also believe this is something that will come over time/practice). In ring, I don't even have to go there.

What Ziggler does great, and again IMO, is body language. This isn't exactly psychology, but it's close. Just his expressions alone say what he's going to say quite a bit, and also tells us what he is going to do in the ring, directly effecting how good he sells. I think when this is why I don't agree with people about his mic skills. I think people are looking at him, what his face and body does, more then what they are hearing. You could probably turn off the volume, and know almost word for word what he's saying just by his body and facial expressions. Because, In my opinion of course, Ziggler isn't even close to Bryan/Punk/Cena or even Miz, as far as mic skills are concerned.

Heard it about a guy called The Ringmaster as well or for more recent CM Punk. Lolz. All midcarders get this. We shall see we shall see. Just to be clear not comparing Ziggler in quality to them or changing my tune that I don't think he is main event material.

I don't recall anyone saying that about Punk... bad as I am about saying stuff like that, I ended up liking Punk from day 1 of him being in WWE.

I wasn't on the Internet much when Austin first come out as The Ringmaster on WWE, but... I've thought he was great when he was part of the Hollywood Blondes, Pillman and Owen as well, but I always thought Austin stood out way back when.

I don't recall anyone saying that about Punk... bad as I am about saying stuff like that, I ended up liking Punk from day 1 of him being in WWE.

I wasn't on the Internet much when Austin first come out as The Ringmaster on WWE, but... I've thought he was great when he was part of the Hollywood Blondes, Pillman and Owen as well, but I always thought Austin stood out way back when.

Even the WCW announcers hyped Austin as a future world champion.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Even the WCW announcers hyped Austin as a future world champion.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> All true but just pointing out that during his Ringmaster period there where questions within WWE and the fanbase as a whole if he had it to be a main eventer. Now was that proportion smaller then Ziggler now debatable. Just pointing out there are always questions about, at the time, midcard talent if they have it to be a main eventer.</p>