The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Why are there no spoilers allowed in this thread? I just assumed it was okay to spoil much like it is in the WWE thread. Yes it does not say it in the thread title but I think one would be lead to believe that spoilers are okay if they are okay in the other thread.

When I was watching last week's show I was wondering why they were showing Brody-lite...I mean Bram. So I looked it up and I guess the charges were dropped against him.

I do have to laugh over Angle's retirement tour. He goes from wrestling guys like the Rock and Austin to wrestling guys like Jessie. Props to him for trying to get the younger guys over but it does kind of suck that he will be fighting the annoying dude from Big Brother and the Three Man Band reject during his retirement tour.

Jessie has incredible potential and is constantly improving. Him being paired with Robbie E, no matter how awful and annoying the gimmick was a great thing for both workers. Then again, I don't watch Big Brother so my only exposure to him has been wrestling, but he's gone from "Ugh, this reality "star" wants to play wrestler" to "holy crap, he's doing it!"

And Drew rules, so shush :p

I get where you're coming from. Kurt's already said he's not retiring permanently though. He said he's just retiring from TNA for now and said he's open to TNA or WWE making offers after he dabbles with more acting.

I met Jessie once. I told him I was a big fan. He then proceeded to ask me why I had a Gunner shirt on. To which I replied because you don't have a shirt. Sick burn boiz.

Not really related, but it reminded me of the time I went to a TNA house show. We got there mega early and were standing outside. My brother was wearing a Matt Morgan shirt and we hear someone yelling "hey kid, nice shirt!" and my brother, a massive Morgan fan, kind of waves it off thinking it's just some dude being a jerk. The car makes another pass and it's Morgan himself.

Later on in the evening we hung out with some of the wrestlers thanks to me buying a Jeff Jarrett guitar and getting us backstage and Morgan went out of his way to thank my brother for supporting him. I met a lot of my favorites that night, but Elijah Burke/D'Angelo Dinero, Matt Morgan, Jeff Jarrett, and Kurt Angle were some of the classiest and nicest people I've ever had the chance to hang out with. Especially Burke, who talked to me for a solid 20-25 minutes and then personally walked us back to our seats and tried to use my guitar to smack D'lo Brown over the head.

Jessie has incredible potential and is constantly improving. Him being paired with Robbie E, no matter how awful and annoying the gimmick was a great thing for both workers. Then again, I don't watch Big Brother so my only exposure to him has been wrestling, but he's gone from "Ugh, this reality "star" wants to play wrestler" to "holy crap, he's doing it!"

And Drew rules, so shush :p

I get where you're coming from. Kurt's already said he's not retiring permanently though. He said he's just retiring from TNA for now and said he's open to TNA or WWE making offers after he dabbles with more acting.

I will say that both Drew and Jessie have grown on me during their time in TNA. I hated Drew in the WWE and now I don't mind him as much.

Jessie was annoying as all hell on Big Brother. I often wonder if that was a gimmick for him on the show or that was the real Jessie. I mean it could very well be a combination of both I suppose.

Put it this way, the producers of Big Brother have used Jessie as a punishment for three or four seasons (He was a contestant for two seasons and I think they brought him back as a punishment for four seasons.). The best one was when they put one contestant in a risk/reward type situation. She had the choice to open a box or not. If she did there could be a potential advantage in the game for her. So of course she opened the box and the "prize" was being locked in a room with Jessie while the rest of the contestants got a shopping spree. I have to admit it was funny but I taken a gun to my head if I had to spend an hour in a locked room with Jessie.:D

Not really related, but it reminded me of the time I went to a TNA house show. We got there mega early and were standing outside. My brother was wearing a Matt Morgan shirt and we hear someone yelling "hey kid, nice shirt!" and my brother, a massive Morgan fan, kind of waves it off thinking it's just some dude being a jerk. The car makes another pass and it's Morgan himself.

Later on in the evening we hung out with some of the wrestlers thanks to me buying a Jeff Jarrett guitar and getting us backstage and Morgan went out of his way to thank my brother for supporting him. I met a lot of my favorites that night, but Elijah Burke/D'Angelo Dinero, Matt Morgan, Jeff Jarrett, and Kurt Angle were some of the classiest and nicest people I've ever had the chance to hang out with. Especially Burke, who talked to me for a solid 20-25 minutes and then personally walked us back to our seats and tried to use my guitar to smack D'lo Brown over the head.

TNA does have a very Indy show feel to them and that is not a bad thing at all. I remember going to Lockdown (Where Samoa Joe won the title from Kurt) and Dixie was walking around in the crowd interacting with the fans. I remember thinking there is no way in hell you would ever see Vince do something like that. I like how they do meet and greets with the fans prior to their house shows and sometimes during intermission (I got a chance to meet Brooke and ODB that way).

I've probably met a good 15-20 wrestlers at TNA house shows mainly back in 2012 and some in 2013. Damn those shows are still some of my favorites I've ever been too. So i totally get your point Jaysin. However I've been Kurt twice and both times he's been sort of a dick to me haha. One of my favorites in general was a show at the Tabernacle in Georgia. It was a very small venue but i had second row seats. The ringside seats to the left and right of the stage had about 5 rows of maybe 10 chairs and they were elevated up to the height of the ring. I tell you man it was an amazing view being able to see everything at that level. That show i met Doug Williams, Crimson, EY, Zema, Sonjay, Brooke, Mickie, Angle, Anderson, and Aries. I miss 2012 TNA man.

I've probably met a good 15-20 wrestlers at TNA house shows mainly back in 2012 and some in 2013. Damn those shows are still some of my favorites I've ever been too. So i totally get your point Jaysin. However I've been Kurt twice and both times he's been sort of a dick to me haha. One of my favorites in general was a show at the Tabernacle in Georgia. It was a very small venue but i had second row seats. The ringside seats to the left and right of the stage had about 5 rows of maybe 10 chairs and they were elevated up to the height of the ring. I tell you man it was an amazing view being able to see everything at that level. That show i met Doug Williams, Crimson, EY, Zema, Sonjay, Brooke, Mickie, Angle, Anderson, and Aries. I miss 2012 TNA man.

Kurt could have been having an off night, you never know. Something sort or related with your post but a tad bit off topic happened to me.

I had gone to a "Super Indy" show two or three years ago and the place was so small that the wrestler's were all out in the crowd watching the show. I stood and talked with Tommaso Ciampa for a good ten minutes and he was really cool. Kevin Steen and Michael Elgin...not so much. While I did not bother them because I would not go out of my way to talk to anyone (Tommaso happened to be standing next to me) I saw other fans approach them all night and they seemed to either ignore the fans or they were just rude to the fans. Neither were playing heels that night so they could not use that excuse, maybe they were having off nights I have no clue.

I will say this though, Steen yelled at my buddy to get away from him and then he realized that my buddy is a little slow and he apologized right away. So that was nice of him I guess.

Kurt could have been having an off night, you never know. Something sort or related with your post but a tad bit off topic happened to me.

I had gone to a "Super Indy" show two or three years ago and the place was so small that the wrestler's were all out in the crowd watching the show. I stood and talked with Tommaso Ciampa for a good ten minutes and he was really cool. Kevin Steen and Michael Elgin...not so much. While I did not bother them because I would not go out of my way to talk to anyone (Tommaso happened to be standing next to me) I saw other fans approach them all night and they seemed to either ignore the fans or they were just rude to the fans. Neither were playing heels that night so they could not use that excuse, maybe they were having off nights I have no clue.

I will say this though, Steen yelled at my buddy to get away from him and then he realized that my buddy is a little slow and he apologized right away. So that was nice of him I guess.

Wow. Yeah neither of them come across to me as jolly dudes lol.

I don't really have any bad memories of TNA people. When Spike still hosted them, I was the lead agent and booked a lot of the talent traveling and doing media promotion (when Spike directly paid for it). I've met a ton of the talent and even got a TNA t-shirt signed by most of the roster as a thank you gift (along with a beer cozy Mick Foley signed and a 'Founder' t-shirt that Jeff signed in glow in the dark ink :p).

There was one time when Lauren & Kia (Angelina Love & Awesome Kong) were stuck in Atlanta when a storm led to a ton of cancellations (they were connecting there from New York to get to Nashville). Lauren says, "Let's do a WCW show tonight! Oh wait...."

I worked a Destination X at the Norfolk Scope (2008? 2009? Something like that) and got to see the backstage goings on. I can identify with the 'super indy' feel someone mentioned earlier. I met Angle and at that time, he was dating, what was her name? She was had a cup of coffee in WWE but I forget what her name was in TNA. Tall, skinny sista. [EDIT: Rhaka Khan!] Anyway, they were together but seemingly trying to keep things on the DL. And I will always love Melissa (she was Raisha Saeed at that time). Coolest chick ever! What surprised me though was how much indy talent was backstage and not officially signed by the company. Seems the signed wrestlers invite the unsigned ones to check out the show and network with the "producers" (road agents).

Haven't been to any of their house shows but that was toward the end of my indy stage, when I would fly all over the blinking country to go to indy events (especially at APW). That was 2005-2009ish.

I don't really have any bad memories of TNA people. When Spike still hosted them, I was the lead agent and booked a lot of the talent traveling and doing media promotion (when Spike directly paid for it). I've met a ton of the talent and even got a TNA t-shirt signed by most of the roster as a thank you gift (along with a beer cozy Mick Foley signed and a 'Founder' t-shirt that Jeff signed in glow in the dark ink :p).

There was one time when Lauren & Kia (Angelina Love & Awesome Kong) were stuck in Atlanta when a storm led to a ton of cancellations (they were connecting there from New York to get to Nashville). Lauren says, "Let's do a WCW show tonight! Oh wait...."

I worked a Destination X at the Norfolk Scope (2008? 2009? Something like that) and got to see the backstage goings on. I can identify with the 'super indy' feel someone mentioned earlier. I met Angle and at that time, he was dating, what was her name? She was had a cup of coffee in WWE but I forget what her name was in TNA. Tall, skinny sista. [EDIT: Rhaka Khan!] Anyway, they were together but seemingly trying to keep things on the DL. And I will always love Melissa (she was Raisha Saeed at that time). Coolest chick ever! What surprised me though was how much indy talent was backstage and not officially signed by the company. Seems the signed wrestlers invite the unsigned ones to check out the show and network with the "producers" (road agents).

Haven't been to any of their house shows but that was toward the end of my indy stage, when I would fly all over the blinking country to go to indy events (especially at APW). That was 2005-2009ish.

You left right before it all hit the fan...lucky guy.

There is so much goodness in here. I know you mentioned how you've written "novels" before. You should work in comedy. Anyway I'm going to say I don't believe you were a "lead agent" travel or otherwise. I don't believe you were backstage just hanging out. You may or may not have autographs. I have a shirt signed by Steven....I mean (Desmond Wolfe/Nigel McGinnis)....see what I did there? Anyway you're full of it, most here will let you slide with it but the thought of someone saying these things to make themselves feel good about trying to be a big deal on an obscure internet website was so ridiculous I just had to point out that you're full of it. Now get back to talking about how your dad was a legendary musician, played in the NFL, you're a novelist and now apparently former lead travel agent for TNA or something. This place was boring during your hiatus....must have been working on a new novel or being the lead travel agent for NJPW or something haha.

There is so much goodness in here. I know you mentioned how you've written "novels" before. You should work in comedy. Anyway I'm going to say I don't believe you were a "lead agent" travel or otherwise. I don't believe you were backstage just hanging out. You may or may not have autographs. I have a shirt signed by Steven....I mean (Desmond Wolfe/Nigel McGinnis)....see what I did there? Anyway you're full of it, most here will let you slide with it but the thought of someone saying these things to make themselves feel good about trying to be a big deal on an obscure internet website was so ridiculous I just had to point out that you're full of it. Now get back to talking about how your dad was a legendary musician, played in the NFL, you're a novelist and now apparently former lead travel agent for TNA or something. This place was boring during your hiatus....must have been working on a new novel or being the lead travel agent for NJPW or something haha.

Dude, true or not, that was kinda dick-ish.

I thoroughly enjoyed Impact last night, very good show. I am glad Jeff Hardy is back. Much better show than RAW or SD. Kurt Angle Vs Drew Galloway was great. I tend to enjoy TNA more than WWE. Its a better show by far. Unlike WWE TNA is not held back by the crappy PG rating and TNA is more in touch. I hope Michael Bennett does great things in TNA. I have said it before and I will say again, ECIII is the best heel in the industry today. He is a much better champion than Roman Reigns is.

I thoroughly enjoyed Impact last night, very good show. I am glad Jeff Hardy is back. Much better show than RAW or SD. Kurt Angle Vs Drew Galloway was great. I tend to enjoy TNA more than WWE. Its a better show by far. Unlike WWE TNA is not held back by the crappy PG rating and TNA is more in touch. I hope Michael Bennett does great things in TNA. I have said it before and I will say again, ECIII is the best heel in the industry today. He is a much better champion than Roman Reigns is.

Nothing that holds the WWE back has to do with their crappy PG rating though. They are more than capable of putting on a great show with a PG rating. The WWE has a ton of problems as does TNA but blood, swearing and sexual content are about the only things that separate PG from not PG and none of those things make a wrestling show more enjoyable. I enjoyed TNA's run right around the time EC3 became the number one contender but can't really get behind Matt Hardy being a main eventer in 2015. Well anytime outside of possibly 2005 for that matter.

Ok, I said I would abstain, but WHY IN THE HELL did you bring up Reigns again, Warhawk? Jesus Christ...nobody is talking about him and you come out in an unrelated thread and diss him for what? Attention? Sorry if I'm sounding too harsh, but I know this guy long enough to actually know what I'm talking about. And the EC3 praise? Like I said, prepare for that to jump off the window on the very next Impact...but I guess you will praise that Russorific swerve as well, right? It's not Reigns, so it's good...

I will say I did enjoy TNA. I've always loved Jeff so I'm glad to see him back. The Beer Bash was great as Storm & Roode are great entertainers IMO. It's good to see the KOTM belt off of Roode and onto EY 1. Because EY's a great character and deserves gold. 2. Now Beer Money can hopefully go after the tag belts. Bennett/Maria is promising. The opening promo was one of my favorite TNA segments since a few years ago. EC3 is gold on the mic and how he quietly sang that jobber's music and hyped him up pre-match was so good. The Mr. Anderson thing could've been better, but it wasn't horrific. The main event was a solid match with a sloppy ending. That Angle Slam from the top just didn't look right. I think Angle lost Drew about mid way so it wasn't pulled off as best as it could've been. But overall, another solid Impact. They're doing good things IMO.

I've never said my father was a 'legendary musician' just that he sang in a gospel group. He was on the taxi squad of the Colts for two seasons (and back then, it was literal. He drove a taxi for the players on the active roster and would be "called up" if a body was needed for practice). Anyone who knows me knows I wasn't on good terms with my father so why would I try to make him seem better than the deadbeat he was? I've written four novels but haven't published squat so I'd never call myself a novelist. You have some inflated view of what a lead actually is. If you've ever heard the saying 'too many cooks in the kitchen...', on a corporate level that's true. So for some projects, they assign one person as 'lead' meaning they're the primary person responsible for handling requests from that production. Maybe there's some glamour that's assumed to come with that? It's also not uncommon to receive gifts/swag from productions you work on. I have Spongebob blankets and towels and TMNT bags as well as a swag bag from Spike for TUT. Oooooooo? Yes, I'm a big deal because I've been there, done that, and really have the t-shirt. :rolleyes: Please!

Regardless, what you believe is immaterial. The fact that I work in Viacom's travel department (and have since 2007) is no secret. As long as my paycheck hits the bank and the numbers are right, I don't care. It's a job, like any other.

I've never said my father was a 'legendary musician' just that he sang in a gospel group. He was on the taxi squad of the Colts for two seasons (and back then, it was literal. He drove a taxi for the players on the active roster and would be "called up" if a body was needed for practice). Anyone who knows me knows I wasn't on good terms with my father so why would I try to make him seem better than the deadbeat he was? I've written four novels but haven't published squat so I'd never call myself a novelist. You have some inflated view of what a lead actually is. If you've ever heard the saying 'too many cooks in the kitchen...', on a corporate level that's true. So for some projects, they assign one person as 'lead' meaning they're the primary person responsible for handling requests from that production. Maybe there's some glamour that's assumed to come with that? It's also not uncommon to receive gifts/swag from productions you work on. I have Spongebob blankets and towels and TMNT bags as well as a swag bag from Spike for TUT. Oooooooo? Yes, I'm a big deal because I've been there, done that, and really have the t-shirt. :rolleyes: Please!

Regardless, what you believe is immaterial. The fact that I work in Viacom's travel department (and have since 2007) is no secret. As long as my paycheck hits the bank and the numbers are right, I don't care. It's a job, like any other.

Never change Remi! I really liked the way you casually through in the ladies real names as if you're just chatting away about old friends of yours and then clarified who you were talking about. Don't let me stop you from being a big deal bro. If I had a care in the world I'm certain I could find you talking about your fathers football career. I'm also certain I could find you going into detail about his music career. Both of which sound weird to even converse about if you don't care for somebody. Anyway I enjoy your [looks around innocently]...."what.....what did I do?"....Anyway I busted your balls, you saw me bust your balls so we can hit the pause button on this until the next time you feel the need to say something absurd and then I feel the need to tell you that I know its absurd. Anyway gotta go I'm the lead on some NFL travel stuff....no big deal.

Has any title been as worthless as the TNA Legends/TV/KOTM/Global Championship. I have no idea why they didn't stick with calling it a TV title. Nobody outside of ROH had a TV title gimmick going. So you do the TV title ten minute time limit gimmick with that. You got the X Division Title. A KO and KO Tag Titles when nobody else was doing it better. Anyway its just maddening how TNA can't figure out what their identity is.

Is it still TNA? Everything says Impact wrestling. Which is another case of me not even knowing what their name is/was. There have been times I really enjoyed this company but they are surrounded by horrible entertainment on both sides. Late 2009 right before Hogan showed up was great. Then the big Jay Lethal push was awesome. Before EC3 this last year that was about the last time I enjoyed TNA.

I really wish they would figure out what their identity is. I don't even think they are the number 2 company in the country anymore with ROH drawing as many viewers as them and having way more shows than them.

All that being said I like their new set so thats a positive. I love EC3 thats two positives. Beer Money is back together thats awesome. Did they address Storm's previous persona at all?