The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

33 minutes ago, FellaLibby said:

Yup. Replacing the guy who brought TNA back to relevance, with a corporate Anthem stooge sounds about TNA. Just not the TNA people want to remember.

Saw a rumor that TKO is in talks to purchase TNA and that's the reason for the firing. So strange.

Hoping Scott bounces back quick. If I was Tony Khan, I'd try to bring him to help right some wrongs in AEW.

1 hour ago, FellaLibby said:

Where did you see this rumor? Piqued my interest.

Some random facebook page. I honestly take it with a grain of salt. Just thought it made sense for the situation. Everyone backstage has reportedly loved Scott, so the change is just surprising. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eternal Phoenix said:

PWInsider has something about how D'Amore tried to buy TNA from Anthem, only they declined to sell. Apparently the offer was legitimate, backed by a big time bank and everything. Was a pretty good deal, to hear some speak of it. And now he's fired. Goodness. I wonder why.

I have an addendum. D'Amore and Anthem were having severe creative differences. Enough that the purchase attempt was his last attempt at resolving the situation in his favor. With that offer rejected, there was only one way the story ended.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Eternal Phoenix said:

I have an addendum. D'Amore and Anthem were having severe creative differences. Enough that the purchase attempt was his last attempt at resolving the situation in his favor. With that offer rejected, there was only one way the story ended.

If I were Anthem I'd be worried about how loyal the TNA wrestlers are to D'Amore.  Tossing him out was bad enough but if wrestlers start following him to whatever promotion he ends up working for, things could get rather dicey for TNA.

5 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Anthem has put Tommy Dreamer in charge of TNA creative. I guess if you're going to play damage control and try to salvage things, you could do a whole lot worse than Dreamer. 

Reports are now saying that this is incorrect information. Tommy Dreamer is in fact NOT in charge of TNA creative. 

Pwinsider is saying Ariel Schnerer is head of creative now. 

What a mess.... 

• 2 months later...

Hendry would be perfect for AEW (or WWE). He has an old-school style and has previous work on the UK scene -- which would come in handy for AEW when they run the UK next.

For now, Impact have to be happy to have him.

He's super believable and pretty stiff -- probably from his world-class amateur background.

He'd have a great match with someone like Danielson or Kingston. 

Plus, Hendry looks great and has a ton of charisma. And on top of that, Hendry's a talented musician -- at one point, Hendry almost got signed by Sony.

When you get the Kurt Angle co-sign, you're good. Hendry is good.

Edited by ColdBloodedSausageMaker

1 hour ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

Hendry would be perfect for AEW (or WWE). He has an old-school style and has previous work on the UK scene -- which would come in handy for AEW when they run the UK next.

For now, Impact have to be happy to have him.

He's super believable and pretty stiff -- probably from his world-class amateur background.

He'd have a great match with someone like Danielson or Kingston. 

Plus, Hendry looks great and has a ton of charisma. And on top of that, Hendry's a talented musician -- at one point, Hendry almost got signed by Sony.

When you get the Kurt Angle co-sign, you're good. Hendry is good.

Could not agree more. Joe Hendry is probably one of my favourites currently. I remember seeing him in Glasgow for ICW and even then he had something about him that made you think he could make it in the major companies. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fleisch said:

Could not agree more. Joe Hendry is probably one of my favourites currently. I remember seeing him in Glasgow for ICW and even then he had something about him that made you think he could make it in the major companies. 

Like Angle said, Hendry's musical talent really sets him apart -- he could do the same musician gimmick as Elias or Max Caster but better. And unlike them, Hendry starts with a high-level amateur background.

I'm shocked that Hendry isn't a major player in AEW or WWE -- he's like Dalton Castle in that way, I don't know why someone hasn't pushed him given his pedigree and talent.

• Like 1