The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

So what was the point of Josh Alexander's chase if they are just going to give it to Moose? Just have Moose beat Christian and then give Alexander his moment.

Totally agree. The fan takes I was reading last night think it will make the match between Moose & Alexander at Hard to Kill (or whenever they face each other) much better.

• 4 weeks later...

I skipped most of Impact just to see Minoru Suzuki vs Josh Alexander and wow, what a disappointment.

I don't know what the deal with Impact crowds is, but it seems like they're not even watching the match and just following orders. Their chants don't make any sense. "This is awesome" when literally nothing is going on?

Also, Wrestle House is back and ugh.

There's a lot of talented people on the Impact roster, but their shows are just so hard to watch. The audience just seems like plants.

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is this a joke?<p> </p><p> <a href="https://shopimpact.com/" rel="external nofollow">https://shopimpact.com/</a></p><p> </p><p> Slammiversary 2021 is on sale...in a double VHS format. If Don West was selling it I might be interested. But still...wow. Just wow.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MHero" data-cite="MHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I assume there is a demand for it somewhere. Or they've lapsed back into old habits.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's a trend that's been slowly gaining steam in the last year or so. VHS's are now retro and nostalgic to older millennials. Cassette tapes for music have also come back into fashion. It's kinda like how vinyl records made a come back because of hipsters and Gen Xers getting nostalgic. </p><p> </p><p> Too bad Slammiversary wasn't that good this year otherwise I would be all over it.</p>

• 6 months later...

Wow, Slammiversary was super fun. Good in ring action with a ton of nostalgia and silly TNA moments. So many fun cameos

Also, Josh Alexander vs Eric Young is one of the best matches of the year so far. Josh is just so, so, so good.

Eric Young somehow gets a lot of love, but his in ring ability always seems to get underplayed compared to his "crazy" or funny character work. In ring, he can hang with the best of them.

Davey Richards is in fantastic shape. My buddy said he's been doing good in MLW and now I'm interested in giving MLW a shot again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If you're looking for a reason to give Impact a chance, I highly recommend starting with Hard to Kill from Friday. Every feud and match on the show is explained pretty well. Top to bottom, just a good pro wrestling show. Sort of feels like a season finale kind of show where it ends feuds and sets up new ones. 

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, St. Templar said:

Is there a place for cord-cutters to catch Impact? Preferably one that I don't have to pay for outside of the multitude of streaming services I pay for so that my family has stuff to watch.

St.T

I stopped watching when they left Twitch, but I think you can subscribe to their Youtube channel (which does have a price, but it was low last time I checked).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 6:29 PM, Thane of Fife said:

I stopped watching when they left Twitch, but I think you can subscribe to their Youtube channel (which does have a price, but it was low last time I checked).

This post had me thinking when I stopped watching TNA/Impact.  I honestly cannot pinpoint when I stopped.  It had to be around the time they went to POP TV.  Which means about seven years or so.  Which is sort of odd to me because I used to watch it every week when it was on Spike, even though a lot of the stuff they did was not watchable.  I remember catching it once on Twitch but it was so bad I just could not sit through it.  The last time when I saw it on Twitch if I remember right, there was some awful parking lot brawl match and then some lame segment with Tommy Dreamer is a judge...just awful.  This is coming from someone who used to sit through the awful ten to twenty minute promos that Hulk would cut every week.  Therefore, for me to say something is unwatchable, it has to be unwatchable.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BHK1978 said:

This post had me thinking when I stopped watching TNA/Impact.  I honestly cannot pinpoint when I stopped.  It had to be around the time they went to POP TV.  Which means about seven years or so.  Which is sort of odd to me because I used to watch it every week when it was on Spike, even though a lot of the stuff they did was not watchable.  I remember catching it once on Twitch but it was so bad I just could not sit through it.  The last time when I saw it on Twitch if I remember right, there was some awful parking lot brawl match and then some lame segment with Tommy Dreamer is a judge...just awful.  This is coming from someone who used to sit through the awful ten to twenty minute promos that Hulk would cut every week.  Therefore, for me to say something is unwatchable, it has to be unwatchable.

Those were rought times.

St.T

• 1 month later...

Kilynn King has always been a good hand, green, but had a ton of potential, but man, she's killing it right now. I'm glad she rebounded from getting cast off Dark and Elevation. 

Taylor Wilde and King have good chemistry together to make it even better. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man, Impact signed Delirious to replace Jimmy Jacobs and I'm just salty as heck. Delirious was responsible for the lowest of lows in ROH. I know they're in a pickle with Jimmy Jacobs jumping to AEW, but Delirious? Really?

Impact has been a lot of fun lately, but this is a poor move.

12 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

Man, Impact signed Delirious to replace Jimmy Jacobs and I'm just salty as heck. Delirious was responsible for the lowest of lows in ROH. I know they're in a pickle with Jimmy Jacobs jumping to AEW, but Delirious? Really?

Impact has been a lot of fun lately, but this is a poor move.

*head desks* Just when it looked like Impact was beginning to do well.  I remember Delirous' run in ROH and it was horrible.  Scott D'Amore on the other hand has proven to be a good booker in the past, so why in the pink and purple polka dotted heck wouldn't you give HIM the book? 

6 hours ago, MightyDavidson said:

*head desks* Just when it looked like Impact was beginning to do well.  I remember Delirous' run in ROH and it was horrible.  Scott D'Amore on the other hand has proven to be a good booker in the past, so why in the pink and purple polka dotted heck wouldn't you give HIM the book? 

D'Amore basically runs TNA now and has done since Callis stepped away.