The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

<p>Figured I'd give my thoughts on BFG even if it's been a few weeks. </p><p> </p><p>

Rich Swann & Willie Mack vs Matt Sydal & Ethan Page- I hate Matt Sydal's gimmick. It's just flat out lame. Ethan Page was a bit impressive, but man, I just can't get behind Sydal at all. Mack & Swann would be a fun permanent edition to the tag division and I'd go out of my way to watch them.</p><p> </p><p>

Eli Drake vs James Ellsworth- The crowd chanting "Y2J" made this even worse. Ellsworth has no value. Open challenges should be used for nice surprises, not BS like this.</p><p> </p><p>

Tessa Blanchard vs Taya- I don't like Taya at all. She moves weird, her acting is terrible, and she's just awkward in the ring.Tessa was the right woman to win. I bet Tessa is in WWE by Mae Young Classic 3. She's just too talented. Plus, she has the Horsemen connection to Charlotte thanks to her dad.</p><p> </p><p>

Eddie Edwards & Tommy Dreamer vs Moose and Killer Kross- Kross is lame. Dumb name, goofy look. Plus, dressing like Big Bubba Rogers/Ray Traylor certainly doesn't help his look. Moose was impressive heeling it up though. Read lots of people very angry about the bait and switch of the singles match/tag match, but I was ok with it. </p><p> </p><p>

OVE vs Cage, Fenix, and Pentagon Jr- Such a fun, trainwreck of a match. The All Seeing Eye triple team finish is awesome. I've loved the Crist Brothers for like 13 years. It's nice seeing them somewhere prominent.</p><p> </p><p>

LAX vs OGz- What a terrifying match. Which idiot thought it was a good idea to leave the boards unsecured?! Seriously, they put the lives of the workers and refs at risk. I will say it added to the match though. I'm thankful Konnan didn't really work the match as I imagine his body is pretty broken down. Better than I expected. The video package before the match made me thankful I don't follow Impact though, the kid getting hit by a card and Impact's poor attempts at being Lucha Underground just aren't good.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't even want to talk about the stupid James Mitchell/Allie/Su Yung nonsense. It was like a high school student's attempt at a horror movie and it wasn't endearing at all. Pure garbage. A waste of Mitchell's talents. He's a genuinely creepy dude and I always get excited for him, but this was just a mess.</p><p> </p><p>

Austin Aries vs Johnny Impact- Solid match, the fake "shoot" aspects are just dumb though and distracting. Such a stupid storyline. People are saying it's real because he genuinely left the company, but whatever, it screams phony and hokey</p><p> </p><p>

Overall- Solid show, but some misses that really brought down the quality of the show. A step in the right direction though. Hopefully Homecoming is a good show too. Is their ring always so tiny or was it just because the venue was tiny?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Watching Bound for Glory finally.<p> </p><p> Wow Matt Sydal sucks now. What happened?</p><p> </p><p> Also, their ring is tiny now...what is that 16x16?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Our ring was 14x14 when I ran POBYW. So 16x16 sounds nice lol.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>IMPACT! is moving to the Pursuit Channel starting January 11th next year:

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedOther">

<iframe data-embedid="f28e922348c0726cd5cd73052935924a" allowfullscreen="" data-embed-src="<___base_url___>/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1076130757289132032"></iframe>

</div><p> </p><p>

Doesn't matter how well you book or how good a show you're putting on every week if nobody can actually watch it. Pursuit is available in 28 million homes. POP TV is available in 68 million.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mootinie" data-cite="Mootinie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>IMPACT! is moving to the Pursuit Channel starting January 11th next year: <div class="ipsEmbeddedOther"> <iframe data-embedid="1dc7c7c886d8013a8ade00c6368783b5" allowfullscreen="" data-embed-src="<___base_url___>/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1076130757289132032"></iframe> </div><p> </p><p> Doesn't matter how well you book or how good a show you're putting on every week if nobody can actually watch it. Pursuit is available in 28 million homes. POP TV is available in 68 million.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The IWC is actually having a good laugh from this, from what I've seen. Any idea on if they were booted out of POP or left on their own?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The IWC is actually having a good laugh from this, from what I've seen. Any idea on if they were booted out of POP or left on their own?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pop screwed them</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mootinie" data-cite="Mootinie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>IMPACT! is moving to the Pursuit Channel starting January 11th next year: <div class="ipsEmbeddedOther"> <iframe data-embedid="2f23f0b7a39e956ceecce1b9d99f6212" allowfullscreen="" data-embed-src="<___base_url___>/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1076130757289132032"></iframe> </div><p> </p><p> Doesn't matter how well you book or how good a show you're putting on every week if nobody can actually watch it. Pursuit is available in 28 million homes. POP TV is available in 68 million.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And 10 PM is a pretty late time slot in a time when multi-hour TV shows are common. It's good that they are on a proper event night rather than one easily forgotten. But the decreased reach and time slot sure dampen a lot of the value of that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Warhawk8492" data-cite="Warhawk8492" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pop screwed them</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I read now it had something to do with them not wanting to be in the 10pm time slot, yet they moved to a smaller network and the 10pm time slot.</p>

I wish impact would bite the bullet and drop down to one hour.

If they want to get people tuning back in they need to make it as accessible as possible. Two hour tv shows are a complete chore and with as much wrestling out there as there are at the moment just isn't sustainable.

Turn impact into a shit hot hour of wrestling every week and they'll start to get the viewing figures up again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This match got a lot of buzz from the tapings.

Dy47YfsWkAA7wOe.jpg:small

And kudos for LAX for the straight-up work they've put in during their title reign, and in other promotions over the past year. They are light years ahead of where they started. Excited for more of them in PWG.

Fenix and Penta always tear it down :D

• 1 month later...

<p>United We Stand was a garbage show from top to bottom.</p><p> </p><p>

We skipped Sami Callihan and Jimmy Havoc, but only because the few times I've seen Havoc he was dreadful.</p><p> </p><p>

Why the heck does Low Ki wear that stupid get up? We get it, you're a hitman because you're bald. Wrestling with the guns on is just idiotic. </p><p> </p><p>

I've heard Impact's weekly show has been pretty good, but this was just not a good show and the only thing that makes me want to watch their next PPV is Tessa vs Gail.</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Brian Cage is the new Impact Champion. Also Michael Elgin has come to Impact Wrestling and apparently is going to be challenging him for the belt. Not the guy I'd have chosen but it'll be fun watching Cage beat him up.</p><p> </p><p>

In other news from the PPV Taya Valkyrie and Rich Swann retained their respective titles and Moose and The North defeated the Rascalz. Tessa Blanchard defeated Gail Kim and actually showed her respect after the match.</p><p> </p><p>

Finally LAX defeated the Lucha Bros to win the Impact Tag Team Titles.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Warhawk8492" data-cite="Warhawk8492" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Impact needs to get off of Pursuit eventually, since LU is likely done maybe they can go to El Rey, more people have that channel.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree, though not with El Rey. At this point I am not sure where they should go.</p><p> </p><p> I was such an avid TNA fan around 2010 and now I have next to no interest in their product (I think I have just lost interest in wrestling in general as I hardly watch WWE or ROH either). The last time I saw one of their shows I did not know who the vast majority of their roster were.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Warhawk8492" data-cite="Warhawk8492" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Impact needs to get off of Pursuit eventually, since LU is likely done maybe they can go to El Rey, more people have that channel.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They need to prove competency over a fairly long period of time, and try and keep washing the TNA stink off of them. And then use The Fight Network to grow with Canadian stars. Their goal should be to become NOTBPW honestly. Because I don't see the American market as penetrable considering the toxicity of their brand and the options available elsewhere at the moment. They need to develop Canadian stars, and just keep on keeping on right now. I like a lot of the young guys they have, I like a lot of what they're doing, but this was always going to be a long, long term project.</p>

<p>Josh Matthews in a recent interview:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>"I can't give you any confirmation. I can tell you we're in an excited place with some things going on, but obviously I can't get into any specific detail about what's going on. But I'm excited."</div></blockquote>

• 1 month later...
The North (Josh Alexander and Ethan Page) are the new Impact Wrestling tag team champions, having defeated LAX at Impact's Bash at the Brewery show. Now I do like LAX but I'm hoping The North get a long reign with the titles, so they can show how good they are as a team and shake things up in general.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>LAX contracts are up soon. With Anderson and Gallows seemingly happy to collect a big paycheck at WWE, I think LAX would round out the AEW tag division nicely. I wouldn't count out WWE making an offer.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah I'm hoping they go to AEW.</p><p> </p><p> Anyone else planning on watching Slammiversary? I haven't been watching Impact, but I usually at least read the results. Looks like a solid PPV on paper so going to check it out.</p>