The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

The other rumors I've read are Rusev and Heath Slater.

Rusev and EC3 are obviously the better options, but Slater has teased signing with Impact as well.

I'd much rather all three(and Gallows & Anderson, Hawkins & Ryder) all go to AEW, but oh well.

My issue with that, is that AEW has so much talent right now they'd have a hard time to shine whereas in Impact they'd get more attention. Rusev deserves to be top dog someplace, I'd rather he not get lost in the shuffle once again.

As for Gallows and Anderson, I'd love to see them feud with The North. 'Course there's way more teams I'd like to see them wrestle in AEW.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MightyDavidson" data-cite="MightyDavidson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My issue with that, is that AEW has so much talent right now they'd have a hard time to shine whereas in Impact they'd get more attention. Rusev deserves to be top dog someplace, I'd rather he not get lost in the shuffle once again.<p> </p><p> As for Gallows and Anderson, I'd love to see them feud with The North. 'Course there's way more teams I'd like to see them wrestle in AEW.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's a very good way to look at it. Honestly, I'm just being selfish wanting everyone I like in AEW. Every time I try to give Impact another shot they come across as carny as hell. Making stupid booking decision and awful creative choices.</p><p> </p><p> Now they're hinting at an Aces & Eights reunion? UGH! Aces & Eights drove so many fans away. Why do it again? That's like someone hiring David Arquette and putting the title on him...in 2020. So bad.</p><p> </p><p> I am a fan of The North though and in TEW I often steal them from Impact. I'd like to see them face off against Hawkins & Ryder and Gallows & Anderson.</p><p> </p><p> It's lame Shamrock and Sami are getting a tag title shot though. Shamrock, while in good shape, is 56! FIFTY SIX FREAKING YEARS OLD! He was one of my favorites in the early days of TNA, but man, he should not be in a title match in 2020. It's just dumb.</p>

That's a very good way to look at it. Honestly, I'm just being selfish wanting everyone I like in AEW. Every time I try to give Impact another shot they come across as carny as hell. Making stupid booking decision and awful creative choices.

Now they're hinting at an Aces & Eights reunion? UGH! Aces & Eights drove so many fans away. Why do it again? That's like someone hiring David Arquette and putting the title on him...in 2020. So bad.

I am a fan of The North though and in TEW I often steal them from Impact. I'd like to see them face off against Hawkins & Ryder and Gallows & Anderson.

It's lame Shamrock and Sami are getting a tag title shot though. Shamrock, while in good shape, is 56! FIFTY SIX FREAKING YEARS OLD! He was one of my favorites in the early days of TNA, but man, he should not be in a title match in 2020. It's just dumb.

Well I agree with you about that, even though I like Shamrock but at least it seems unlikely they're gonna win. I'm guessing this is just something to keep the North busy until Gallows and Anderson are brought in.

I just found out about Tessa Blanchard's contract being terminated early. From what I read, it was because she took a leave of absence for COVID. Pretty reprehensible in my opinion. I'm sure Tessa won't have trouble finding work. I'm very disappointed with how Impact has handled things, but I suppose it's to be expected given how that part of the country has behaved during COVID.

I just found out about Tessa Blanchard's contract being terminated early. From what I read, it was because she took a leave of absence for COVID. Pretty reprehensible in my opinion. I'm sure Tessa won't have trouble finding work. I'm very disappointed with how Impact has handled things, but I suppose it's to be expected given how that part of the country has behaved during COVID.

She refused to leave send in promos for hype Slammiversary. Her hands are definitely not clean in this situation

Just saw that Kimber Lee is in Impact. She's facing Jordynne Grace on impact this week. Might actually watch it. I love Grace and Kimber.

PWInsider said her contract was up on June 30th but IMPACT expected that she would work up to and including Slammiversary in order to drop the title, at which point she would be done with the company.

WON reported that Tessa didn't go to the tapings because she was concerned about getting back into Mexico, where she lives with her fiancee, with the always-changing nature of Covid-19 and the travel restrictions.

To be honest, it feels like Tessa was never going to be at Slammiversary and she refused to send promos to stop IMPACT promoting a match that wasn't going to happen.

PWInsider said her contract was up on June 30th but IMPACT expected that she would work up to and including Slammiversary in order to drop the title, at which point she would be done with the company.

WON reported that Tessa didn't go to the tapings because she was concerned about getting back into Mexico, where she lives with her fiancee, with the always-changing nature of Covid-19 and the travel restrictions.

To be honest, it feels like Tessa was never going to be at Slammiversary and she refused to send promos to stop IMPACT promoting a match that wasn't going to happen.

Tessa is a talented worker with a bad attitude

• 2 weeks later...
Slammiversary was fun on a bun.

Jordynne vs Deonna was by far the match of the night, but I mostly enjoyed everything.

I'll be adding Impact to my weekly viewing schedule.

I always watch it whenever I can. It usually has some excellent matches on it every week. Plus it has some of my favorite wrestles I remember watching on Canadian indies (most notably The North, the Deaners and Crazy Steve.) They also had my favorite bad gimmick for awhile too, he was billed as Stone Rockwell, gentleman adventurer from Jones, Indiana and his catchphrase was "Did somebody say adventure?". The word adventure would nearly always result in his arrival. He was over the top and I'm saddened that Impact only used him as a jobber.

• 1 month later...

I saw a funny headline, or funny to me that is, on Yahoo just a minute ago.

The headline read...

WWE alum Eric Young proves his worth by winning the Impact Wrestling title on AXS TV

While true, I think Eric would be far more remembered as a TNA guy. I don't know.

I have always liked Eric going back to his days in Team Canada and his, "Don't fire Eric", gimmick was fantastic so I am glad to see him getting another run with the title.

While he doesn't speak of his WWE tenure fondly, he also didn't agree with calling it a Homecoming (he said TNA is long gone, different name, new owner, and most people from that era are gone).

I would agree with you though...but if you treat it as "same" company, saying WWE makes more sense (plus more recent).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

<p>I was really excited for Omega & The Good Brothers vs Rich Swann and the Machine Guns, but Shelley says he can't make it due to an unavoidable situation.</p><p> </p><p>

They replaced Shelley with Moose, who I like, but he isn't half the worker Shelley is.</p><p> </p><p>

James Storm would have made way more sense since he and Sabin have history.</p><p> </p><p>

Moose makes sense since he's trying to go after Swann, but like I said, he's not as good as Shelley</p>

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

EY tore his ACL in his match with Storm and continued to wrestle more matches. Thought as hell

DLo and Striker are far better than I thought they would be together.

Neveah turned on Havok. I like Neveah more than Havok, so happy about that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Buddy Murphy is reportedly debuting next week on Impact under the name Buddy Matthews.

Wesley Blake is using the new ring name Westin Blake. They were a real solid tag team back in NXT and I'd be down for them reuniting in Impact.

That said, Buddy vs Josh Alexander could steal any show they're on. Maybe Buddy could take the X title so Josh can move up to the World title.

• 4 weeks later...
Caught the last third of Victory Road. Alexander is moving up to challenge Christian Cage at the next PPV via Option C. Maybe I wasn't paying much attention, but it just didn't impress. Alexander vs Sabin was good. Cage vs Ace was nothing to write home about. I guess the plan is Alexander beats Cage to usher in the he new era.

Caught the last third of Victory Road. Alexander is moving up to challenge Christian Cage at the next PPV via Option C. Maybe I wasn't paying much attention, but it just didn't impress. Alexander vs Sabin was good. Cage vs Ace was nothing to write home about. I guess the plan is Alexander beats Cage to usher in the he new era.

Hopefully they put the belt on Alexander.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...